What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Halt's Peril
Rangers Apprentice series
John Flanagan

it's a fairly young teen book but it's an easy read and a very relaxing read.. the adventures are pretty cool sometimes though =]

before that I started the Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix - Mister Monday.. took a little getting used to but its pretty good

klaris

HSC
a confederacy of dunces by jack dunne:
we need to have a bookclub or something.
I've yet to meet a person at school who enjoys reading half as much as me, or as read half as much as me (1200 odd books), only people who I can talk to aobut books are seemingly the odd univeristy arts students, or the older generations.
of course if i sold my soul and dignity i could always read twilight and try to pick up chicks with it .
j/k

OMG. You have to stop posting stuff that I like. I can't give you rep again.

But it would be A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole.

He was a genius. I've never laughed so hard in my entire, when I was reading that book.

And don't worry, I know plenty of girls who actually have half a brain and read stuff like Orwell or Austen or whoever. I'm sure you'll find some literary-worthy pick up lines, hehe.

I'm reading Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller and Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett.

raceryt

HSC
holy crap everybody is like reading all this literature and classics. anyhow im reading 5 greatest warriors by matthew reilly. all action. minimal talk. reading lost symbol next

jiratic

HSC
haha i own the 7 ancient wonders/6 sacred stones/5 greatest warriors trilogy, its shameless really.
but oh my it's addictive.
its action scene upon action scene, like if michael bay were given a 1 billion dollar budget and a script with just enough plausiblity and evil cliche's, but still oh so fun to read.
Never read his books, or i guess any thriller book before you sleep. being up till 4 am because your a book junkie and have to find out what happens is a sad sad curse.

Oh and Hi again Klaris, yes I did get the name wrong haha silly me.

tanna

HSC
Second reading of Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoyevsky). Just cos I can now :)

irvine

USYD 2011 :D
HSC
Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson

Enchantress91

HSC
Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinesella... so far so good.

Though the title is kinda misleading, and the book should be renamed Shopaholic and Fetus.

lala2

Banned
HSC
LOTR--Fellowship of the Ring. The movie has actually helped me understand the plot better. Also maybe because I'm older. The first time I read it (which was the only time I read it prior to now) was when the movie came out (I was 12). Bad mistake.

shani21

HSC
The Night is for Hunting - John Marsden.

Amazing books!! In to the action and only just started reading it.
Scared about the movies coming out, they are going to ruin my imagination....!

jet

Banned
HSC
Of Mice and Men - Steinbeck.
That should last you like, three hours at the most.

I'm reading Operation Storm City by Joshua Mowll, but i have others on my shelf I really want to start!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)