What are you currently Reading? (2 Viewers)

imnotkarl

HSC
The Power of One - Bryce Courtenay || i found this book so moving and in parts i felt oppression coming over me, such a moving story and he paints pictures with his words.

Reading the sequel: reading Tandia at the moment very good also.

There is a great quote from the power of one
"In this world are very few things made from logic alone. It is illogical for a man to be too logical.
Some things we must just let stand. The mystery is more important than any possible explanation.
The searcher after truth must search within humanity"

I would recommend this book for a very different perspective to racial prejudice and oppression.

Last edited:

orange.chocolat

Nerdfighter.. FTW
HSC
Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte

I've only read about 12 pages so I think it's too soon to decide what I think of it.
But I have fun imagining the little fat boy fall and not be able to get up because he made Jane's head bleed.

And, veloc1ty, how was a clockwork orange? I've seen the film and I thought it was GREAT, even if it was a little disturbing, and wanted to know what the book was like.
:)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i'm reading Backroads by Tawni o' Dell again. i was in the mood for an incestuous fucked up hicktown story ;)

(yeah, i know it's a tad deeper than that. but the attempts to kill donny, harley's murderous hallucinations, etc make me lol so hard)

HSC
orange.chocolat said:
And, veloc1ty, how was a clockwork orange? I've seen the film and I thought it was GREAT, even if it was a little disturbing, and wanted to know what the book was like.
The book is very odd... I can't really describe it but were it not for the persistent slang language he uses even in thought-processes it probably wouldn't be very memorable.

I'd imagine the film to be pretty disturbing, when reading over the images he was forced to watch during the Ludivoco Technique I winced... but I heard the film is also darker because it was based on the American edition, which omits the last chapter, wherein Alex matures and moves away from his tendencies for ultra-violence.

KatPadackles

HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
I've seen the cast - unbelievable. Yeah August 2nd. I reckon i'm gunna pre-order the book on Amazon so I don't have to wait too long when the book is actually released. Edward's version of events just makes me fall in love with him (lol, the character) even more!!

Do you know if that date is an international releae date or just the American release date???
Stephenie is an amazing writer. :rolleyes: And i really hope it's an international release date! It should be though... I'm probably going to ask Dymocks a few months before the release to see if they know...

*EDIT*

"I do not have information about release dates in any other countries other than the United States. If I ever hear about any, I will post them on the calendar page."

That's what it said on her website.. Damn!

Last edited:

jennyfenny

HSC
the road - Cromac McCarthy
excellent book, strongly recomend it. won the pulitzer prize 2007. deeply moving story about a father and his son. i absolutely loved it

anii e

HSC
The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
Carrie - Stephen King

beentherdunthat

HSC
Finished reading the new Isobelle carmody book, The Stone Key... and damn right it was gooooood.

born2bkinggg

HSC
Wolrd Book Encyclopedia 2003 edition..up to the letter B and the Macquarie Dictionary up to letter D

Metamporphosis

HSC
Across the Nightingale Floor - Lian Hearn. (Personal reading)
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen. (School reading)
The Turning - Tim Winton. (School reading)

Taskan

HSC
geez, i didn't realise just how short Rosencrantz & Guildernstern are Dead. is. it took me like 2 hrs to read it!

bleu

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
Finished reading the new Isobelle carmody book, The Stone Key... and damn right it was gooooood.
hehe..really? That's awesome. I read the series about 2 years ago and loved it. I didn't know till recently that more book/s had come out. But unfortuantely it, like everything else, will probably have to take a back seat until the HSC, well, f*cks off :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)