What are you doing ur PIP on? (1 Viewer)

beergirl

polka dots are cool
HSC
My PIP topic is prolly the most boringist topic lol..

I have named it, "Kids these days!"

Pretty much on Etiquette and Manners and how they are fading away from Australian Society...

oh sooo very cruddy topic...

Dee Dee

nak_yim
HSC
urs is a cool topic..man mines on culture clash..dont even know where to go on that yet..so not creative lol..all yours sounds geart man

philly17

Mine is 'Women in the workforce and how today's 'modern woman' and is chnaging Australia and its population'

WaltzinDarkness

HSC
N/A
Re: pip topics

Originally posted by Princess Steph
mines "an investigation of australian comedy and whether it has a significant impact on the australian identity" or something like that...im finding it easy to deal with because im breaking it up into little chjpaters and just pretending theyre like mini essays...i got about 2.5 weeks to finish body, which i havtent really sdtarted...YAY FOR ME!!! Doe sanyone know any sites where theres like old and good pips or something? Thanks a bunch
:eek: Oh man that sounds like an awesome topic! I really wanted to do something like that but had no idea how to go about it, and would probably just all end up on how much I love Roy and HG :p

http://hsc.csu.edu.au/society_culture/pip/pip/pip.html is a site with a lot of PIP stuff, the examples of PIPs from here I think are in the Heinemann Society and Culture textbook.

I have no idea how to explain my pip, basically I want to look at how when Guy won Aus Idol it was like a change in reality show winners, like they're usually the typical Aussie underdog battler sort of image, and that's what Shannon was, yet Guy won. So is Aus moving away from our stereotypical imagine, effect of multiculturalism etc. Hmm it sounds kinda bad when I type it lol.

Just Jess

My pips on "the psychology of what women want & how this changes with age". Im not sure if im so confident with it, my teacher seems wary of this kinda topic. What do you all think? Any ideas for primary research, apart from a questionaire?
Very very much appreciate ideas!!!!

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
Originally posted by alby
mines on death and the afterlife...im comparin religious beliefs to scientific facts
Mine is so similar: What death means to different cultures and what are the beliefs, customs and rituals associated with death.

nettie

the PIP day at the wesly centre said do some thing you care about so i choose Alzhimer which i care heaps about cos my grandfather had it and past away on 1st June 3 years ago
and my cross cultural is going to be age how it affected my grandmother to how it effect my mum and Uncle to how it effected my cousions and i.
i wish every one like with there PIP's and hope you all go well
DON'T STRESS TO MUCH PLEASE!!!!!!

Perhaps

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jhakka
Mines about the Sex Pistols.
...I keep coming across you. Either ways, for real? What about the Sex Pistols?

-

I'm doing mine on slash, which is a subculture of fanfiction (which is a subculture in itself), and the concept of rewriting masculinity, etc. If you don't know what slash is, then you're probably going to have a hard time knowing what I'm talking about. :p

I just wish I'd actually started it though...

ColMackenzie

pip

i did the nature and role of human rights in society - it is completely finished and handed in as of 2,3 or 4 wks ago. i am so relieved:D

miss_pie

HSC
im doing a study of the process of property development as a functionalist reaction to population growth

nattylee

HSC
my pip is on overprotective parents, modern media and changes in attitude over time. its a mouthful but i plan to think of a title soon! ive finished, i just need to come up with a title coz its due soon!!! aarggh!!

mishka

HSC
N/A
Not to stress anyone out, but the official deadline for these PIP's is only one month away!! I can't believe how quick it's gone!! I'll be spending these holidays working on my PIP - I can't wait till it's all over, but I think I'll miss it somehow...

J

jhakka

Perhaps said:
...I keep coming across you. Either ways, for real? What about the Sex Pistols?

-

I'm doing mine on slash, which is a subculture of fanfiction (which is a subculture in itself), and the concept of rewriting masculinity, etc. If you don't know what slash is, then you're probably going to have a hard time knowing what I'm talking about. :p

Their history, the social context of the time, how times have changed, etc.

chandelier

Btw, my PIP is on wether or not the so-called liberated women in movies are really empowered. SOunds lame and cliched i know, but i'm not really aiming for anything groundbreaking, just need to get the stupid thing done.
Picked my topic two weeks ago, have written 200 words.

Sherbie

My topic is...dun dun da daaaaaaa: how changing paradigms in Australian film reflect a changing Australian society. This all comes under the title "Strictly Cinema and the Back of Beyond"...Im quite proud of that title!!!
Basically Im writing a breif history of film in Australia (done sort of) then studying heps of films and writing about them in decades, so 70s 80s 90s, today and the future. beginning with the 70s because thats when govt. funding started. Ive watched lots of movies but havent written on them....ill have to do it soon...I have trials first two weeks back at school and its due the third monday! OOPS

elysek

wow... everyones pips sound so good and interesting... it makes me feel bad... mines on fashion influences and what influences people to wear what they do etc etc im doing a case study on the 70s and surveys...i feel very stressed about this whole thing and i feel like im lagging behind.. if anyone would like to help by doing my survey plz do and email to me or post on here - well actually ill have 2 post my survey later... i cant find it on my computer :confused: this is not working 4 me... anyone hav any help on this topic?

AngelSG86

Perhaps said:
-

Cool, i've come across slash for one of my fave TV shows. Getting used to it more and kinda starting to enjoy them! Good luck for ur PIP. How are you relating the slash to society and culture? Popular culture?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)