What are you going to do if your UAI = crap? (1 Viewer)

Hempy

cint said:
but the thing is, i do go to a good school - but i am really lazy, i dont do work - i just dont. its like im the work version of a vampire and i have a strong aversion to work - like as if it was garlic and crosses
does that make sense??
probably not. im a little mad these days
me too. easily distracted, very lazy, screwed....knowing its ur fault makes getting a shit uai worse.

Hempy

cataleptic said:
Without doubt I'd cry and get so dperessed.

All of next year nd all my hopes/aspirations for the next few years are pinned on that one, stupid number.

I mean sure, I could wait around for a year and then get in in another roundabout way, but I know I'd just get so depressed and lose all motivation.
Awww don't let your family get you down! If they're dissapointed when you get your uai, just remind them of all the times they have dissapointed you.
I understand, my aunt practicall told me she'd hate me if I didn't do well, the other day. My sister, unlike yours, did not that great especially considering she worked her arse off, so everybody's hopes are riding on me. And I am too lazy and unmotivated to fulfill their hopes. But I don't really mind too much what uai I get, i mean i might be dissapointed, but there's always a way around it :)
So, in closing, cheer up!

Woops, I was actually addressing boasboy. Sorry!

Last edited:
HSC
If i get lower than what I'm aiming to get AT LEAST <enter score>

1) never tell my parents my actually UAI
2) cry and pinch myself to wake up from this nightmare
5) drink myself silly.
3) if it doesn't work, go see what I can apply for in uni...
4) apply, and see if I can get into the course I want THROUGH uni =D

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
well im not preparing to go to uni anyways i just picked what course to do and see if i make it or not, im preparing to do some crap private college instead, its quicker than wasting too much time doing uni which can take up to nearly 4 years while i do private college and what course i want and finish it in less than 2 years :D

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
I'd kill myself.

Nah, I don't know what I'd do but I won't kill myself.

Sugar

HSC
Do you guys think that its better to repeat yr12 at Tafe or at (selective) school?

After my French exam, I was seriously thinking about repeating. I did so badly, and I don't want to do a course in uni that I really hate. :( I wish I studied earlier!

studynoob

HSC
N/A
i know my hsc is next year but if i ever fail i'll just quit education and work in a shitty job and spend the rest of my life skateboarding so i can be pro and be sponsored and make millions of dollars! :D problem solved!

the_thomasu

HSC
As trillions of people have already said, backdoors to uni are super plentiful. I'm planning to goto Brisbane, and believe QLD's unis are much easier to get into. In NSW, if you goto uni for one year and then decide to transfer to something different, they still take your UAI into consideration regardless of how well you've done in your one year of uni. Where as in QLD, soon as you get your foot in the door you might as well set a match to anything remotely linked to your UAI in any shape or form, thats how irrelivent it becomes in regard to transfering into something else from a lower ranked uni course.

I'm hoping for an 83 to get into my desired course at QUT. However if I don't do this, my 2nd preference is the same course at a different QUT campus 10km up the road (where only the first year of the course is offered, and oh damn... I'd have to goto the campus of my first choice after a year.... damn.... daaaammmnn ;)). Then.. my 3rd/4th/5th choices are all at TAFE, run by QUT, the equivalent of the first year of UNI (subjects that allow one to gain enough credit points to qualify to begin second year UNI)... oh and unfortunately I'd have to start 2nd year at the campus of my first choice... and even worse, the TAFE/UNI program is really hard to get into, my 3rd preference last year had a cutoff of (I think) 60, and the 4th/5th were a tough 'all applicants gained entry', pity they have no prereqs either.. bummer. Seriously now, those TAFE programs only have a quota of 10 for each campus, so if I miss out on those my 6th preference is at Griffith Uni (which is offering this course for the first time in 2006, so in theory should take some of the student load off QUT hence lowering its cutoff and thereby making it more likely for me to get in there anyway..)

[edit]: Just remembered another bad thing about the TAFE/UNI option. It costs less as TAFE is only ~$1000 for a year, compared to ~$6500 at uni. Also, you have to deal with the burdon of having two qualifications, because you will get a Diploma as well as a Degree :( its a pity how it lowers your HECS debt by $5500 and improves job prospects, but ah well... on a serious not again, general feeling out their is that first year UNI is a much more memorable and enjoyable time then TAFE, this is what I've been told by advisers and students.

For those of you wishing to apply in NSW, I do not know if you can goto QLD for a year to gain credit to apply in NSW for second year without them considering your UAI, but could be worth looking into.

I maybe wrong, but I believe the deal in NSW is that if you do a course of lower ranking at UNI, you can gain credit points which you then ADD to your UAI (ie. improving it)??

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)