What are your final UAC preferences? (1 Viewer)

astroe

HSC
I was so paranoid I kept logging into stare at my preferences.
But then the website lagged like hell and I couldn't get in at around 11:50. :p

HSC
fuck that i was still editing the preferences and i moved one to the top that was 2nd at like 11:59 and i clicked save then i got an error that said its under going maintainence.. i hope to god that got included

chefman21

HSC
N/A
Tell me about it.... Lag was painful. Very happy I couldn't get in though - who knows what I would have picked! I could well have decided I wanted to be a Podiatrist!

jippy787

HSC
N/A
1 600013 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus
2 600033 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Writing and Cultural Studies) - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus
3 600018 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Media Arts and Production) - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus
4 600008 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Information and Media) - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus
5 600023 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Public Communication) - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus
6 600028 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Social Inquiry) - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus
7 211237 Bachelor of Communication (Journalism) - full time at Charles Sturt University, Bathurst campus
8 753109 Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies (Journalism) - full or part time at University of Wollongong
9 702685 Bachelor of Communication - full or part time at UWS, Penrith campus

. . . I really want to get into UTS. =P

Hopefully I get in. I either want to be a food & travel writer (I'm a chef by trade) or, using the business degrees, work for a food and/or tourism related company (Simon Johnson, Relais & Chateaux, Leading Hotels of The World etc) in product research and placement using my background in food and tourism. The numbers are the ATAR (obviously) and I have one crappy (though still an accepted, albeit not highly regarded) course at the end I can transfer out of into UTS at the end of the year. Hopefully.

I'm applying as a mature age student so not knowing what my ATAR is at the moment is a little bit insane. I know in Queensland they have a "Selection Rank" for non-school leavers which is somewhat helpful/anxiety reducing...
I'm applying as a mature age student too, and I did the same thing with my UWS preference, heh. =)

By the way, are you applying based on previous academic achievements and/or work experience? I could only apply based on my STAT score, so I couldn't apply for USYD or UNSW.

uac.aplcnt

HSC
What the hell the freaking website lagged so much at 11:45 PM I couldn't even GET INTO my preferences..SHIT!! D=

HSC
im fucking complaing tomorrow if my change didnt go through

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Seriously..even on Internet Explorer it didn't get through..weird...farout..and my preferences was all at UTS :mad1:

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
I have this terrible feeling that my first and second preferences are mixed up.
Even though yesterday and today I made sure that they weren't.
I hope it all goes well for everyone :/

chefman21

HSC
N/A
1 600013 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism) - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus
2 600033 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Writing and Cultural Studies) - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus
3 600018 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Media Arts and Production) - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus
4 600008 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Information and Media) - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus
5 600023 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Public Communication) - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus
6 600028 Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Social Inquiry) - full time at University of Technology, Sydney, City campus
7 211237 Bachelor of Communication (Journalism) - full time at Charles Sturt University, Bathurst campus
8 753109 Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies (Journalism) - full or part time at University of Wollongong
9 702685 Bachelor of Communication - full or part time at UWS, Penrith campus

. . . I really want to get into UTS. =P

I'm applying as a mature age student too, and I did the same thing with my UWS preference, heh. =)

By the way, are you applying based on previous academic achievements and/or work experience? I could only apply based on my STAT score, so I couldn't apply for USYD or UNSW.
I've got a (completed) AQF Diploma of Business (Administration) as well as an old STAT test as my basis for application. I also sent in a Personal Statement to UTS as well, but I don't think they will accept it because I already have the Diploma. With any luck they will take a look at it though!!! Sucks about USYD and UNSW but USYD is probably going to be the hardest one to get into and UNSW is not particularly good (from what I can gather) although it is better than travelling to UWS. Besides... UTS all the way! If I get into any course, I'm more than likely looking at transferring over to UTS at the end of the year as long as mt GPA is good enough and I am still enjoying the course. We shall see...

Hope you get in!

JustAnotherDamo

HSC
I can imagine that a majority of students are unanimously breathing a sigh of relief or being generally content with selections... unless they're one of the (hopefully) minority who are too busy contemplating or worrying about the wisdom of their selections.

I think I find myself definitely in the latter of the two!~

Well, we shall have to see! I'm surprised that there are not many aspirations to enter Law school as of yet but it's brilliant to see so many engineers.

I really hope that you're happy with your selections!~

My first preference was the Combined Law Degree at University of Sydney (though, I doubt I shall make it considering that I am lower than the cut-off by 0.55) but I think the more realistic entrance will be into Macquarie's Combined Law degree (which troubles me because I wondered for a very long time whether I'd like Macquarie or UTS's law more).

Well, thank you and good luck!

chefman21

HSC
N/A
As an aside, good luck everyone! I'm pretty sure (considering we are on this forum) we really care about what we get into and actually give a _ _ _ _ and I hope we all get into something that we all want! In the meantime, I am going to have a lobotomy so I am not so anxious for the next 13 days! Care to join?!?!

uac.aplcnt

HSC
What the hell the freaking website lagged so much at 11:45 PM I couldn't even GET INTO my preferences..SHIT!! D=
Dont you think this is stupid? I mean really..UAC should do something about their program because it really is lame...there is and was NOTHING wrong with my computer nor the ADSL connection and I still couldn't even get INTO my preferences even though I already logged in my application..ugh

and really..at 11:45 PM, thats still 15 mins left and I still couldn't go in -___-

HSC
I had to change at the last minute because I entered my first preference's course number into that thing that tells you who was in it last year and a lot of Asian names came up

uac.aplcnt

HSC
I had to change at the last minute because I entered my first preference's course number into that thing that tells you who was in it last year and a lot of Asian names came up
After you change it you HAVE to click save to secure your preferences..although I think vaguely I did the same thing as you last year and it actually changed even after I got that routine maintenence thing (they always say that after midnight)

chefman21

HSC
N/A
Dont you think this is stupid? I mean really..UAC should do something about their program because it really is lame...there is and was NOTHING wrong with my computer nor the ADSL connection and I still couldn't even get INTO my preferences even though I already logged in my application..ugh

and really..at 11:45 PM, thats still 15 mins left and I still couldn't go in -___-
The problem is that there are thousands of applicants trying to finalise their preferences at almost the same time and UAC only has a certain amount of bandwidth to spare. It would be okay if they had a dedicated server to handle the amount of requests they were receiving but it is more than likely that they don't. It's not your fault nor your internet connection and computer. It's not really UAC's fault either. They only handle that much traffic twice a year (Finalising preferences and checking main round offers) so I can't see the justification for a dedicated server. At least that's what I think...

Last edited:

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Does this always happen to some people? Ugh..I think I should've logged in 30 mins at the last 1/2 hour..then I would've been able to change it or something..UGH

HSC
After you change it you HAVE to click save to secure your preferences..although I think vaguely I did the same thing as you last year and it actually changed even after I got that routine maintenence thing (they always say that after midnight)
thats the thing, i knew that and as I went to click save it said that maintenance thing.. so it didnt work did it?

and im likely to get my first pref :(

chefman21

HSC
N/A
Yep... Pretty sure it happens every year. I know it's frustrating but it's not the end of the world. One door closes another one always opens... I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any stray meteorites though... LOL!:tongue:

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
thats the thing, i knew that and as I went to click save it said that maintenance thing.. so it didnt work did it?

Where was the course you wanted positioned at the time? Could you wait for 2nd round offers (I don't know how they work much...)

uac.aplcnt

HSC

Well..no, mosts likely according to my previous experience and belief the most recent change that you did is the one that will be considered..so yeah it did change your 2nd pref. to your first pref and your first preference went to the second one.

So dont worry too much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)