What are your goals? (1 Viewer)

quik.

HSC
If this thread has been done before, speak up and I'll delete :]

Just wondering what peoples goals are. Generally most peeps step into the gym or start exercising in general with the aim of achieving something, whether it's to lose 10kg, increase their lifts or build up some muscle etc.

I think it helps to have things to aim for, rather than simply going through the motions day in day out. At the same time, I think while it's great to have 'ultimate goals' that you hope to one day reach, short - mid term goals that are more realistic and obtainable keep you motivated.

If you don't have any clear cut goals, or are unsure of what direction you want to head in / how to go about it... feel free to discuss!

As far as I'm concerned, I want to compete in (and win!) a natural bodybuilding comp. On top of that I want to keep getting stronger, I don't want to look back a year from now and be using the same weight!

blahmeh

HSC
to get off the laptop and couch for one...

mariyamo

VIP
HSC
quik. said:
As far as I'm concerned, I want to compete in (and win!) a natural bodybuilding comp. On top of that I want to keep getting stronger, I don't want to look back a year from now and be using the same weight!
good on ya, go 4 it, but take it easy

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
my goal is to be happy =\ is that too much to ask for ?! damn it!

NinjaSauce

HSC
Ouch... reading this topic makes me think how i have been distracted from my goals lately.

Some now, i dont think i will acheive.

Ok, my goals by the end of the year.

Bodyweight: 100kg+ , i am 94 now. I wanna be a member of the hungie club!
Bench Press [my suckyest lift]: 100kg x 3-5, lets not talk about where it is now. :(
Deadlift: 200kg x 5, Pulled 175kg x 5 on Friday. Looks like i'll make it, maybe exceed it.
Squat: Start! Don't do this. My eternal shame.
Pull ups: +10kg x 10. Getting my BW up is heavily taking a toll on these. At around +10kg x 5.
1-arm Overhead press: 48kgx 3-5 Kettlebell. At 40kg now. Big call, but doable.

If i get the above, i';ll be a happy chappy.

quik.

HSC
NinjaSauce said:
Bodyweight: 100kg+ , i am 94 now. I wanna be a member of the hungie club!
Bench Press [my suckyest lift]: 100kg x 3-5, lets not talk about where it is now. :(
Deadlift: 200kg x 5, Pulled 175kg x 5 on Friday. Looks like i'll make it, maybe exceed it.
Squat: Start! Don't do this. My eternal shame.
Pull ups: +10kg x 10. Getting my BW up is heavily taking a toll on these. At around +10kg x 5.
1-arm Overhead press: 48kgx 3-5 Kettlebell. At 40kg now. Big call, but doable.
You make me happy <3.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
quik. said:
If this thread has been done before, speak up and I'll delete :]

Just wondering what peoples goals are. Generally most peeps step into the gym or start exercising in general with the aim of achieving something, whether it's to lose 10kg, increase their lifts or build up some muscle etc.

I think it helps to have things to aim for, rather than simply going through the motions day in day out. At the same time, I think while it's great to have 'ultimate goals' that you hope to one day reach, short - mid term goals that are more realistic and obtainable keep you motivated.

If you don't have any clear cut goals, or are unsure of what direction you want to head in / how to go about it... feel free to discuss!

If you don't have well defined goals, then they become, become nothing more then something on your 'to do list' and hence you most likely never get around in doing it or quit once you find that it's not as easy, as you thought it was. I achieved my goal of weight loss in the last 5 months(lost 24kgs) and now am focusing on bulking up and gaining 5-10kg of lean muscle mass. I will start next month, once I get my body fat a bit lower.

rozymisty

HSC
My goal is to have a lot of work, just enough to keep up with the bills. Pay off the credit cards, save for my wisdom teeth to come out in late August, do really well with my nursing clinical prac, do really well with my studyies, especialy since its my final semester.

And get into the graduate program at the Mater Childrens Hospital.

NinjaSauce

HSC
quik. said:
You make me happy <3.
Flattery will get you everywhere.

But, what are your goals? You started this thread, yet you didn't post them!

Your comment about my post makes me assume you know what your doing [OMG, how pretentious does that sound...], as your not one of those people who says "i wanna get fit" or "Tone" [LOL] .

Everyone else - SPECIFICS ARE NEEDED. You'll never get anywhere unless to define what you want, and have a way to MEASURE your progress. Pick a lift - set a weight. or pick a bodyweight, or better, a bodyfat percentage [relative to you, everyone has different requirements]. a run time. anything. Don't say "get fit" - Fit for what?

quik.

HSC
My goals are at the bottom of the first post. :]

If you want me to be more specific then for the upcoming semester these are my goals:

Get to a (reasonably lean) 100kg.
Squat 200 for reps (currently on 150)
Bench 100 or more for reps (currently on 80 or something)
Deadlift 200+ for reps (currently on 150)

Body composition wise I want to fill out my lats and my chest a bit. Bigger legs are always on the list to.

munchybuddy

HSC
I wanna loose 5 kg's for formal and just basically tone up my body, but exercise is so boring, i wish i was one of these people who craved exercise.
The only think i crave is choccy biscuits and sitting on my butt postin on BOS lol

NinjaSauce

HSC
quik. said:
Get to a (reasonably lean) 100kg.
Squat 200 for reps (currently on 150)
Bench 100 or more for reps (currently on 80 or something)
Deadlift 200+ for reps (currently on 150)

Body composition wise I want to fill out my lats and my chest a bit. Bigger legs are always on the list to.
My bad. I did see the goals at the bottom after i posted. I was going to edit, but had a 'pfft... whatever' moment.

150 Single [?] to 200 for reps on the Deadlift is a big call! Power to you on that one, and we are close on the bench [Ok, im a little better ~90 max :p :p :p ] So a race is on! Beat me on the squat obviously, noting that i dont do it :D , the most i ever did after fudging about with it for a while was 130. The only access i have to a power rack is Uni, and im there tue, wed, thur. Which is a little too close together and inconvient for me to make a decent program. Next year though, regardless of schedule, i will squat. After i Pull 200.

Its an interesting catch for me... I dont squat, so i an concentrate on deadlift, but if i was to squat [and after some adaptation], my deadlift should improve, Especially from the floor. Which is my weak part. Grip and lockout are easy peazy, if i get to my knees, im home.

If you want lats, pull ups are where its at. Row too, you should be able to row what you bench. You need big lats for a big bench.

Interested too see how to fare over the next semester [Uni, right?]. Gyming is the only thing at keeps me sane at UNSW.

Good luck!

quik.

HSC
The 150 on deads I can do for a couple reps (2-3). I'm alright at the pull it's my grip that sometimes gives me problems. Might end up getting some grippers or something if it becomes a problem with heavier weight but so far it hasn't.

Pull ups I hear you on... my uni gym is closed on holidays so I've been working on pullups and chins at home. Currently doing bodyweight plus 15kg for reps which isn't too schmick but eh :]

Tisk tisk on not squatting... I love it! I can up the weight pretty easy on it to so maybe that's why haha.

Bench will give me the most problems simply because I don't feel all that comfortable with the movement yet, I might do a couple weeks of lighter weight to really get the form down.

Good luck to you as well mate!

Race is on ;]

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
My short term goal is to lose 10% of my body weight. Which, according to Weight Watchers is about down to 68 kg.

Then after that it is to get into a healthy weight range for my height. I'm not too big a fan of BMI, but you know, whatever.

I want to be a size 10 comfortably.

I want to enjoy excerise and going to the gym.

quik.

HSC
TaEkWoNdObArBiE said:
I want to enjoy excerise and going to the gym.
That is probably one of the best goals I've ever heard.

Good luck to you with all of them, but most of all that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)