• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What are your thoughts on the NSW education system? (7 Viewers)

spiderfan44

HSC
In all fairness, if more bonded offers wher

🤦‍♀️ bruh I would be happy to go to hustler's university if that meant I could do medicine. irdc what uni, I've made that pretty clear on this forum.
[/QUOTE]
im not dissing it. im just pointing out how you cant really knock the other person. i think its fine to fight tooth and nail for medicine, especially when youre in competition with a lot of international students for the course as long as u arent cheating or breaking rules

jonolad69

HSC

🤦‍♀️ bruh I would be happy to go to hustler's university if that meant I could do medicine. irdc what uni, I've made that pretty clear on this forum.
[/QUOTE]

average bored user not crashing out

spiderfan44

HSC
this isnt a hsc thought but i still want to add it. i think that international students should be severely capped to like 10% for medicine and psychology. we have a really bad shortage of those careers in australia already, and its going to get worse in the future especially when places are going to international students. its not like theres going to be empty places left if international students cant do those courses, theres a ton of people trying to get in. i know international students work really hard, for these subjects specifically its just kind of a matter of taking care of our own people before others

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC

im not dissing it. im just pointing out how you cant really knock the other person. i think its fine to fight tooth and nail for medicine, especially when youre in competition with a lot of international students for the course as long as u arent cheating or breaking rules
[/QUOTE]
I'm not knocking anyone off lmao. I made that clear from the start. I'm saying that the cutoff should be somewhat increased for equity among the cohorts both rural and urban taking into account disadvantages but not to the extent where it becomes excessively easier to become a doctor. And like urban students are getting bonded tf out of asw and some rural students who got in through the program that don't and therefore add to even more imbalance for fairness (only bottom 25% get bonded- UNSW, iirc similar thing goes on w other unis) . ig nothing can really be completely fair so no one can really do much lmao. But no i'm not trying to diss anyone. mb if thats how it came out

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
this isnt a hsc thought but i still want to add it. i think that international students should be severely capped to like 10% for medicine and psychology. we have a really bad shortage of those careers in australia already, and its going to get worse in the future especially when places are going to international students. its not like theres going to be empty places left if international students cant do those courses, theres a ton of people trying to get in. i know international students work really hard, for these subjects specifically its just kind of a matter of taking care of our own people before others
sorry i’m not well versed in this topic - does “international students“ mean they come from a different country, get their education here, and then go back to their country? or does it mean they come from a different country, get their education here, and then stay here? if it’s the former i understand your point but if it’s the latter why should we prevent them from becoming a doctor here if they’re gonna stay here?

axe

HSC
and why would the uni want to do that now?

spiderfan44

HSC
i think there should be lesser caps on other courses such as engineering, science, actuarial studies, etc. those courses dont have as bad shortages as medicine, but i still think there should be caps. those jobs are still ones we need to fill in australia. im really lucky that environmental management is something international students dont give a fuck about, meaning i dont have to worry about competing for entry with domestics AND international students.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
unis literally are reliant on international students for funding (i.e. 8.5/35 of the total revenue of 35billion- unis in 2022). Limiting international students is not going to at all help anyhting.

spiderfan44

HSC
sorry i’m not well versed in this topic - does “international students“ mean they come from a different country, get their education here, and then go back to their country? or does it mean they come from a different country, get their education here, and then stay here? if it’s the former i understand your point but if it’s the latter why should we prevent them from becoming a doctor here if they’re gonna stay here?
they come study here, then return to their country. im fine with them coming to study here then staying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)