• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What are your thoughts on the NSW education system? (11 Viewers)

spiderfan44

HSC
unis literally are reliant on international students for funding (i.e. 8.5/35 of the total revenue of 35billion- unis in 2022). Limiting international students is not going to at all help anyhting.
yea that is how i wish things were. but for now unis are really reliant on international students and i doubt thats changing anytime soon

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
unis literally are reliant on international students for funding (i.e. 8.5/35 of the total revenue of 35billion- unis in 2022). Limiting international students is not going to at all help anyhting.
idk anything about this but wouldn’t limited international students just be replaced with students from australia? or is there a shortage of people applying that actually fit the standards here

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
idk anything about this but wouldn’t limited international students just be replaced with students from australia? or is there a shortage of people applying that actually fit the standards here
international students pay in the 6 figures for certain degrees. Additional students that are domestic wouldn't fill that gap in revenue.

spiderfan44

HSC
international students pay way more. for example the degree im doing costs 27k to complete, and costs 170k for an international student

spiderfan44

HSC
international students pay way more. for example the degree im doing costs 27k to complete, and costs 170k for an international student
the standards are slightly lower for international students or the same, at least for the degree im doing the atar equivalent of the ib is lower than the atar domestics need

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
he’s legit acting like just because someone urban has gone through terrible things that rural people can’t be disadvantaged 😭😭😭 so weird
had my dm to you in drafts and i think i do not need to hold back on my wording there anymore. please read all ~400 words of it. i'll just say this publically: being rural does not cause you to have no work ethic. hsc is a game of work, and you, based off saying how you didn't prepare for legal, are not playing that game.

jonolad69

HSC
this isnt a hsc thought but i still want to add it. i think that international students should be severely capped to like 10% for medicine and psychology. we have a really bad shortage of those careers in australia already, and its going to get worse in the future especially when places are going to international students. its not like theres going to be empty places left if international students cant do those courses, theres a ton of people trying to get in. i know international students work really hard, for these subjects specifically its just kind of a matter of taking care of our own people before others
yikes... xenophobe right here

Bastani

HSC
then thats their fault for being international students study in your own country tf

sool

HSC
Education is OK, it's nothing special in the first place. It's just that you gotta do most of the heavy lifting yourself.
But it will suck if u have trash teachers that can't teach the class properly so u will have to learn everything pretty much urself

Not to mention, everyone is getting more brainrot but who cares
As long as I can secure a job that I can survive on this thriving economy. And any job at this point if it comes to it

Test-king12

HSC
i hope they just raise the fees for everyone to 90k a year like america so i have less competition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)