What books do I need for uni? (1 Viewer)

vemanjj

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing a bachelor of science/bachelor of arts at Sydney uni but I don't know what types of exercise books to buy.
I have a laptop but it's 15 inch so it wouldn't even fit on one of their tables.
Should I get an ipad for doing assignments whilst at uni? or not?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Haaalp

HSC
I also would like to hear people's opinions on this.

Bachelor of Design UWS.

izzy88

HSC
You can buy/use whatever you like. I've done numerous different ways over time - from lined exercise books for each subject to loose leaf paper (didn't work- lost stuff/got muddled up), but now I mostly use a laptop. I used a 15" for a while - rooms have different sized tables, however I see no reason why a 15" wouldn't fit - it would more be the weight of carrying it around that I would find a problem. I now use a 13" laptop. As for an iPad- everyone I've seen who uses one (still relatively uncommon also has a Bluetooth keyboard with it as typing is too difficult on the iPad itself.

Arts it's fine to use a laptop. Not sure about science- may be difficult for maths/diagrams- you may need paper for that. There are also computers in the library's that can be used during the day however at peak times there may be a queue.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
I preferred to take lecture notes with a quill drawn from the tail of the last dodo on wizard's scrolls made from ancient egyptian papyrus stolen from the tomb of Rameses II and ink from a vampire squid

anything less is casual

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Follow the same practice you followed in high school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)