What car do you drive? (the new one) (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Stats about my car's liking of different fuels.

E10 and 91 RON - roughly 17 or 18 L per 100 km

95 RON - 14.4 L per 100 km

V-power (98 RON) - 10.6 L per 100 km (involved a bit of highway driving however).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Stats about my car's liking of different fuels.

E10 and 91 RON - roughly 17 or 18 L per 100 km

95 RON - 14.4 L per 100 km

V-power (98 RON) - 10.6 L per 100 km (involved a bit of highway driving however).
Are you sure it's not driving style because those differences are definitely far greater than the norm!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I much prefer the alternative of being able to shift or hold hands.
That's cute haha.

Are you sure it's not driving style because those differences are definitely far greater than the norm!
Other than the motorway driving on RON 98, I was still thrashing it. The discrepancy of E10 to RON 95 is definitely based upon the same driving style so I'm pretty much never putting E10 in my car again as it really hates it.

I just filled up with more RON 98 so I'll check. But yeah being an old car I wouldn't be surprised if RON 98 actually does make a large difference. I've never felt any knock in this engine, but it has run 200 000 kms now so the piston heads might have slight damages that only certain additives in V-power can alleviate.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I drive a 1987 Toyota Corolla :haha: Cost $1500, bought it from a little old lady and it only had 60,000 km on the clock. I love it, even if I have by far the oldest car out of my friends :haha:
Damn that is a good car to have as a HS student. Surprised you got it for $1500 for that many kilometres on the clock. Would have expected around $2k or $2.5k

DLMisme

HSC
Damn that is a good car to have as a HS student. Surprised you got it for $1500 for that many kilometres on the clock. Would have expected around $2k or $2.5k
I know, it's an automatic as well. It's in immaculate condition and it's so fun to drive. Definitely a good buy. :cool:

getmeout

HSC
MAKE: Hyundai
MODEL: Elantra
YEAR: 2004
LIKES: 2.0L engine, manual gearbox, the fact that its a loaner, 4 doors, good fuel economy
DISLIKES: KDM :mad:, fwd,
FUN FACT/OTHER/MODLIST:mods? its a 2 year borrow so theres not much i can do. But I've replaced the headunit and added the compulsory mightycarmods sticker. Fun fact? for a 10 year old car, it goes hard.
PLANS FOR FUTURE:If i can, I'd like to update the wheels, with some te37's or just plastidip what's there. that and nightshade the tailights and fix the peeling paint on the spoiler. If i ever get the chance to buy it (eventually) I'd like to race-car it. I know that a turbo model was sold in the US, so I'd like to do something like that!
PHOTOS:Optimized-Elantra.jpg

Or as a simple solution, I'll just save an buy a s15 :tongue: I NEED BOOST IN MY LIFE!

Ethicks

HSC
MAKE: Subaru
MODEL: Impreza RX
YEAR: 2009
DISLIKES: It's only a 4cyl 2.0 and doesn't have enough guts for me and the colour is hideous (light gold).
LIKES: Leather seats, sunroof, low kms, ex-grandma owner so it's in good condition
OTHER: Handles corners well, gets me from A to B
FUTURE PLANS: Upgrade to a WRX or another nice turbo in manual, If my iOS app goes like viral or something I would love a Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Sport

turntaker

HSC
I drive a 1987 Toyota Corolla :haha: Cost $1500, bought it from a little old lady and it only had 60,000 km on the clock. I love it, even if I have by far the oldest car out of my friends :haha:
corolla is a proper JDM enthusiast car.
Pics plz

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
MAKE: Subaru
MODEL: Impreza WRX Club Spec Evo 7
YEAR: 2004
DISLIKES: It's sports automatic, immobiliser goes into anti-hijack mode for no reason at times
LIKES: Leather seats, sunroof, head unit and sound system in general, HID 'Angel Eyes' headlights
OTHER: Car's previous owner was a middle aged man with a family, car wasn't driven hard and only had 60,000 kms on the odometer when I bought it.
FUTURE PLANS: Exhaust system (If I have the money), upgrade to a manual/covert to a manual on full license among many things.

View attachment 32077
Is there a particular issue with the current exhaust? What sort of change to the exhaust system are you looking at?

I would stick with stock exhaust unless some heavy engine modifications are made. If you convert to manual, the stock exhaust should be fine too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)