What car do you own? (1 Viewer)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
lei said:
sky blue 1989 holden corolla
wow a holden corolla?! i neva knew holden made corollas...but then again tehy did make appollos, which are toyota camrys now :p

RhiG

wow, how popular are corollas? haha
i drive a blue mazda 626, hatchback. i love my little baby when it doesn't break down..hahah!! it's an 83..mad old school. but still has electric windows, mirrors and sunroof! how exciting.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
illuzionz said:
wow camrys started their lives as apollos? i neva knew dat..

wrong. Camry's were badged as apollos and COmmodores as LExcens during an exchange program.

and in this case, i think the person is referring to a holden nova, a rebadged corolla.
ahh ok kool
but if camrys were badged as appollos doesnt it mean that that camrys started theuir lives as appollos then?

Rhi87 said:
wow, how popular are corollas? haha
i drive a blue mazda 626, hatchback. i love my little baby when it doesn't break down..hahah!! it's an 83..mad old school. but still has electric windows, mirrors and sunroof! how exciting.
:D corollas are awesome..i got one myself, its a good first car, reliable and decent performance for a small car...the only problem is i dont have a sunroof :p

Last edited:

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
Supra said:
ahh ok kool
but if camrys were badged as appollos doesnt it mean that that camrys started theuir lives as appollos then?
no it means apollos started their lives as camrys
and novas started their lives as corollas

and the toyota lexcen started its life as a commodore

Reallyreally

HSC
I hav an old Hilux back home that my dad says I can take campin and shit. At uni tho I hav a Corolla.

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
1992 mitsubishti triton...manual, no power steering, sheer heaven lol

SlipStream

HSC
Manual. That's the way. :p

And people who drive autos, yeh you're cool too if you want... :p

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
SlipStream said:
Manual. That's the way. :p

And people who drive autos, yeh you're cool too if you want... :p
Auto is good for driving in slow, heavy traffic...makes it about 10 times easier :)

mishka

HSC
N/A
my car is a 1995 Suzuki Cino (it's white) it's my second car. my first car (the one i learnt in and had my red p's on) was a 1989 Mitsubishi Colt (it was red) :)

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
silver 2001 mirage... pile of shit i hate it, been looking at 300c and 525i time to trade up i think.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
crazybrad said:
silver 2001 mirage... pile of shit i hate it, been looking at 300c and 525i time to trade up i think.
What's wrong with a mirage? They're cool! If you don't want it I'll have it :p

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
crazybrad said:
525i which year?

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Might have to pay quite the amount more if its a current 525i LOL

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh lol my dad bought one in Feb...and to get the extra features (sunroof, decent wheels etc) u have to pay a bit extra but we bargained like hell :p

man the older 5 series is very nice also

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
A bit more for extras? They completely rip you off. You could be paying $120000 for a 330i ('05) which, at base, would prob cost you circa $60K (incl. on road costs).

Nice cars the 5 series are though, you're right, new and old they're great - not to mention the new M5 thats a beast!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
OMG I LOVE THE M5 and wait till u see the M6 :drools:
yeh thoise 3 series can get pretty expensive...like dads car needed some fixing of a minor blemish, and he got a replacement 3 series with a tv...like his car doesnt even have a tv :p

i also love hte 645Ci...i saw two in the city, one friday night and then another the next morning

Mercedes rips u off more than BMW, the cars they offer have very basic standard equipment, when u want the good shit they are costly options (.eg the E Class, a beautiful car but cant justify it being similar price to the 525 which had more equipment i.e paying for the famous badge)

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Supra said:
OMG I LOVE THE M5 and wait till u see the M6 :drools:
yeh thoise 3 series can get pretty expensive...like dads car needed some fixing of a minor blemish, and he got a replacement 3 series with a tv...like his car doesnt even have a tv :p

i also love hte 645Ci...i saw two in the city, one friday night and then another the next morning

Mercedes rips u off more than BMW, the cars they offer have very basic standard equipment, when u want the good shit they are costly options (.eg the E Class, a beautiful car but cant justify it being similar price to the 525 which had more equipment i.e paying for the famous badge)
I have seen the M5 and M6, and i'm a big fan of both though I also know it has alienated many into 'I hate it' attitudes. =P
I used to be very speculative of the 6 series styling, but the whole 'boot lid' protrusion at the rear has grown on me, and now I don't really mind it at all. In fact, as you said, I think its especially slick, and especially in black with the top up.

As for Merc and BMW, I disagree to some extent. A lot of merc's options aren't pricey, though it is true that the 'good' ones (ie the very very good ones) are very pricey (i think it's $6k for the COMAND system?). However in both you see the huge price variability within the same range, but to a lesser extent in Merc. For example, with the E class you can go as low as about $90K for the 200 Kompressor, but you can go up to $150K (i believe), though you're getting a 5L at that price so it's a big difference.

On the other hand, as I said, with the 3Series you can go from $60000 to $120000, difference being the new V6 (which, admittedly, almost outputs as much power as the old M3 and has that very innovative magnesium weight saving feature) though its a much smaller difference at the top of the range than mercedes. Personally also I think a lot of the BMW range looks similar. With the exception of the 1, the essential layouts of 3 - 5 - 6 - 7 are very similar, especially with idrive on all of them - too similar for my liking. (there's only a noticeable gauge difference with the 7 as compared to others)

On the other hand, mercs do look noticeably different when you jump from class to class, so I think you get somewhat better 'value' when you buy, say, an E over a C class. I think some of the pricing is very moderate for mercs, like the new CLS350 will I believe be around $150K, that's not bad value for such an impressive car. Though I'm not all hating on BMWs, I greatly prefer the M division to AMG, seeing as they take much more effort and care in modifying the base models (ie putting in adjustable dampers, suspension, everything and the SMG gearbox).

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
011 said:
On the other hand, as I said, with the 3Series you can go from $60000 to $120000, difference being the new V6 (which, admittedly, almost outputs as much power as the old M3 and has that very innovative magnesium weight saving feature) though its a much smaller difference at the top of the range than mercedes. Personally also I think a lot of the BMW range looks similar. With the exception of the 1, the essential layouts of 3 - 5 - 6 - 7 are very similar, especially with idrive on all of them - too similar for my liking. (there's only a noticeable gauge difference with the 7 as compared to others)
since when did BMW have a V6? is this soemthing new, because they only sell the beautiful straight 6 still...and i dont know why they'd change :confused:

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
braad said:
since when did BMW have a V6? is this soemthing new, because they only sell the beautiful straight 6 still...and i dont know why they'd change :confused:
Oh shit sorry, its an inline 6. But 6 cylinders, yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)