What car will you get as your first car? (2 Viewers)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, my first car was a 1959 Series II Land Rover, which turned out to be not that practical to drive into town (no door locks, no indicators, no seat belts etc.) In every other regard, however, it was fantastic - the interior is metal so you can hose it down, it'll go anywhere and carry anything, it's simple, incredibly durable, and, most of all, it had character.

So, my second car was a 1999 Hyundai Excel, which was total rubbish - the interior was made of some sort of cellophane, the clutch was made of smoke and magic, the gearbox thought it would be fun to randomly refuse to engage reverse (at least I didn't have to double-declutch like on the Rover), the windows fell out if you wound them down and up again, the heater was colder than Antarctica, and the steering was attached to the front wheels by some sort of steering committee in Korea. Not only that, but it was slow and noisy, though not as bad as the Land Rover. 0-100km/h for the Land Rover took about seven years, not much less for the Excel.

But, since I moved to Sydney to go to uni, I don't drive any cars any more as the public transport and/or walking works fine.
no indicators, no seatbelts

how was that car allowed on the road

Schneezle

HSC
Uni Grad
you can't understand "that car put hyundai on the map" ?

mate
I can understand that fine. What I can't understand is "tar the entire make that car put hyundai on the map" with no fullstop to indicate that your ideas are broken into sentences. Do you have any more points to make, or can I leave now?

no indicators, no seatbelts

how was that car allowed on the road
It was allowed on the road because it was built without indicators and seatbelts, and therefore is legal if you register it as a classic car (which I did).

K

khorne

I can understand that fine. What I can't understand is "tar the entire make that car put hyundai on the map" with no fullstop to indicate that your ideas are broken into sentences. Do you have any more points to make, or can I leave now?

It was allowed on the road because it was built without indicators and seatbelts, and therefore is legal if you register it as a classic car (which I did).
are you retarded or what (yes)

additionally, it's cool that you put your insignificant ranks in your sig...1/2 A+ effort m8! You're coming first AND second last. idiot.

Schneezle

HSC
Uni Grad
AND YOUR LIZARD SIG IS SO COOL OMG I WANT A LIZARD IN A HAT DRINKING SOMETHING THATS SO AWESUM

I also fail to see where the first paragraph comes from. How, specifically, am I retarded? Because I have an old car? Or because only 2 people chose MX2?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Why are you paying $2k a year to insure a Hyosung that is worth like $6k
fuckdat, i only bought Third Party (other then CTP).

I aint a retard, hopefully before august ill have done some superbike courses+ Advanced Training and get me some discounts.

And wtf is all this crap about marks

*looks*

WTF, my school wouldnt even run a class with only 3 students.

Take it NS please, give us the giggles there.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
ok but you know that the excel pretty much carried hyundai globally, and is to date one of the best examples of a simple, reliable car

right?
It sold because it was CHEAP not because it was any good. It was a shit of a car then and even worse now that they've aged.

kfnmpah

HSC
sexy sexcel

i've seen so many lately. such shit boxes.

would love a shitty little charade/lanos/mazda bubble car to thrash until i finish uni

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
fuckdat, i only bought Third Party (other then CTP).

I aint a retard, hopefully before august ill have done some superbike courses+ Advanced Training and get me some discounts.

And wtf is all this crap about marks

*looks*

WTF, my school wouldnt even run a class with only 3 students.

Take it NS please, give us the giggles there.
^ what

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
i will sell you a nice peugeot 206 gti for $3500 (sun damaged paint on the roof)
best handling dynamics ever seriously look it up everyone says the same thing
most amazing car to fang. just dont drive on roads with rocks because the sump is super low (and brand new!)

kfnmpah

HSC
took my mini to a smash repairs place in sydney
they quoted me 500 just to fix a crack in the paint

took my mini to a panel beater in newcastle
they quoted me 500 to
- fix the crack in the paint
- fix another crack on the sill
- go around the whole car and touch up ~everything~ with 2pak
- repaint all the wheel arches with high gloss 2pak

lol fuckan sydney

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
would you rather a shitbox daewoo for $3500 or a delightful peugeot
commonly regarded as the greatest car ever made by peugeot
i only owe $3500 on it so i just want it dead ok the bank wont give me more money otherwise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)