What car will you get as your first car? (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
What would you do with it? Don't buy a mint condition car if you are planning on thrashing it or putting on tasteless mods yourself.

astroman

HSC
i found a really clean 1998 audi a4 turbo, looks and luxury for under 5k

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
You need to see if the engine is in good condition.

Personally I wouldn't recommend a European car as your first car. The parts are very expensive.
+1. 160 000 km's is quite a lot and you wouldn't want to pay 5k for a new car and end up spending another 5k+ on engine parts etc..

Watch out for Rego too, expires in a month, might be a reason that they're trying to sell so low, might be something wrong with the car that's come up recently, although you'd have to have a chat with the seller before you make any calls about that.

astroman

HSC
have u seen the Mighty car mods importing vid, there are mint JDM cars for less than $1k

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
But there other stuff to consider..

Pink slip
Then quarantine and a whole bunch of stuff.. But I am gonna watch that episode once again

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
You need to see if the engine is in good condition.

Personally I wouldn't recommend a European car as your first car. The parts are very expensive.
This. Remember you're still servicing a 60k + car when new so even basic parts are pricey. If something like the aircon or power steering goes then you'll spend 2k fixing it...

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Import one from Japan
Insurance is higher on imports and consider the the whole process you'd go through to import a car worth 5k. A lot of jap cars are missing log books and have km's wounded back so finding a clean one isn't as easy as it sounds.

If you were looking at something rare in aust it might be worth it, but for something as common as an mx5 you're wasting your time.

turntaker

HSC
Insurance is higher on imports and consider the the whole process you'd go through to import a car worth 5k. A lot of jap cars are missing log books and have km's wounded back so finding a clean one isn't as easy as it sounds.

If you were looking at something rare in aust it might be worth it, but for something as common as an mx5 you're wasting your time.
What about a skyline r34?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
What about a skyline r34?
With the amount available in Australia i'd personally be ceebs going through the red tape involved to import it. If i was looking for a hako then you'd have no choice as there are only a handful of hako's in Australia (most are replica GT-Rs anyway iirc)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
IMO not worth it for a non-turbocharged R34. Limited/negligible resale value (only to P platers) and everyone will try to start you at the lights.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Really !! what cars are matte finish I have never seen any !

Are matte finish wrapping expensive ? compared to paint ?
I had my car wrapped in matte black (it's the Mercedes C Class)- http://carbonfibrevinylwrap.net.au/matte-satin-black-vinyl-wrap

You can go cheapo services (around $1k or maybe less) where it's a backyard mob who will stick the material to your car, use a hairdryer to shape it, and then a knife to cut off the excess bits and fold it in. There's quite a few groups who would do this but it'll only look 'okay' from the outside (once someone opens the door or bonnet they'll see the poor finish) and when using the heat to apply it, it'll fit well at the start but is more likely to deform over time.

I personally went for a more premium group (Carbon Demon) who do it professionally for dealership cars. They don't really use much heat and they disassemble the car and wrap each piece before reassembling the car. It ends up looking like a factory job because the finish is even. Most people thought it was real paint.

In terms of which cars have matte finish from the factory- the SL63 I was driving the other day comes in matte silver from the MB factory. MB, BMW, and some other luxury car manufacturers offer matte finishes from the factory as an option.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I had my car wrapped in matte black (it's the Mercedes C Class)- http://carbonfibrevinylwrap.net.au/matte-satin-black-vinyl-wrap

You can go cheapo services (around $1k or maybe less) where it's a backyard mob who will stick the material to your car, use a hairdryer to shape it, and then a knife to cut off the excess bits and fold it in. There's quite a few groups who would do this but it'll only look 'okay' from the outside (once someone opens the door or bonnet they'll see the poor finish) and when using the heat to apply it, it'll fit well at the start but is more likely to deform over time.

I personally went for a more premium group (Carbon Demon) who do it professionally for dealership cars. They don't really use much heat and they disassemble the car and wrap each piece before reassembling the car. It ends up looking like a factory job because the finish is even. Most people thought it was real paint.

In terms of which cars have matte finish from the factory- the SL63 I was driving the other day comes in matte silver from the MB factory. MB, BMW, and some other luxury car manufacturers offer matte finishes from the factory as an option.
Ah !, how about that. I really wanna do a Matte finish job in my future car. Just have to look at my expenses and all !. But dont you think that a person can do it by himself with a hair dyer and a scissors, i know it wont be a good finish as u said above.. but it would convenient and easier.

To be honest, I have never seen a car which has been matte finish from the original factory, saw some concept cars but never on the road itself.

Full on mirin, on ur C-Class... do you mind asking which, 63 ?.

I really wanna own a C63 but also do some custom job like red matte finish with black highlights or maybe some camber on it (I am not sure if it would look good and all.. but lets be honest putting camber on all cars kinda looks 'hecktic')

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)