What car will you get as your first car? (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
At least it's also practical and comfortable. Might be a bit expensive to keep it running though compared to say... JDM Yaris.

(but who am I to talk, I started on a Civic!)
True.
I can't even sell it though cause I have no service record history since my dad and I did the servicing ourselves.

No one would believe that the engine is in very good condition.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think I spent too much thinking I would be into track racing.. and ended up going less than 10 times in total with the Evo.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
Why didn't you go more?
I haven't gone in about a year, for me last year during study was the cash commitment. Now with work, I don't think I'll have the time nor can I risk damaging my daily driver.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Why didn't you go more?
No time :( was working and studying full time simultaneously (hence how I afforded to buy the Evo 10 brand new in cash)... And when I finished studying, my hours at work soared.

Track was always lots of fun but it's a write off of multiple days. Usually go on weekday when less crowded and you want to be there when it just opens to make the most of your time which means either drive down a day in advance or wake up at 4am. In both cases it means the day before is taken up too. And the day after you'll be exhausted.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
How much is track time?
Anywhere from $200-350 a day depending on what session you do. If you join a CAMS approved club normally it's around $230 at wakefield. You also need to factor in the cost of a helmet, fuel, oil and brake pads.

turntaker

HSC
Anywhere from $200-350 a day depending on what session you do. If you join a CAMS approved club normally it's around $230 at wakefield. You also need to factor in the cost of a helmet, fuel, oil and brake pads.
Oil and brake pads??

Isn't this in your car already.

Also how many hours

astroman

HSC
Oil and brake pads??

Also how many hours
track driving you are pushing the car to its limits, ur engine will be guzzling fuel and oil fast and your brake pads will deteriorate much faster

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
And tires, I put 75% wear on a set of tires in a single session. A track session costs me around 600AUD including all costs.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Oil and brake pads??

Also how many hours
If you want to actually maintain your car properly it's recommended that you flush the oil out and put new brake pads in. There's no point having standard brake pads when you're doing a track day either, you'd want decent stuff like project mu brake pads which aren't cheap.

And tires, I put 75% wear on a set of tires in a single session. A track session costs me around 600AUD including all costs.
I forgot about tires as well. You might want to consider a good street tire or semi slick depending on what you're driving.

What car did you track? The liberty?

Last edited:

turntaker

HSC
I might get a Mercedes 300D.
These things are built like a tank

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I forgot about tires as well. You might want to consider a good street tire or semi slick depending on what you're driving.

What car did you track? The liberty?
The Liberty, I need thicker sway bars :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)