what constitute as sex? (2 Viewers)

L

littlewing69

Nolanistic said:
If this joke hasn't already been done:

"It depends what your definition of 'is' is"

Possible Premium to the first person to PM me who said that.
Clinton. Especially relevent to this thread.

Giggity giggity giggity.

katy-g

HSC
yy said:
so in your opinion, what count as sex? e.g. oral sex, mutual masturbation, masturbation (sex with oneself?) or others?
Where one sexual organ penetrates another... eg penis and vagina... ass and penis... (for gays)

I dont think i'd count oral... Despite the fact that its actually called Oral Sex.

I mean you wouldnt go up to someone and say " i had sex on the weekend!" if really all someone had done was give u head / eaten u out. U wouldnt purely just say "I got oral / head on the weekend..."

Or maybe thats just me... :confused:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
robo-andie said:
sex involves the use of a penis, artificial or real in penetrating an orafice (sp?) beneath the waist??
that's my theory :) GIVE IT BACK DAMN YOU!!! :burn:
Captain Gh3y said:
So if I put my finger in your ear, or maybe in your nose... we're doing it?
ALIEN SEX!!!!! lmao
Casmira said:
just like you punching someone in the face is one way you can kill them, but not totally/really.
we know what you mean, but a bit of a bad example. i'd say its like a "panda bear" - its not technically a bear, but it has similar features to one, and some people choose to call it one
natstar said:
when a dildo penetrates a vagina (lesbian) = sex
the line's very fine isnt it? it seems kinda funny how you have to be part of one specific group for it to count. you'd think we might've become a bit too politically correct when for hetro's its foreplay and for lesbians its sex (and for gays its not much)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
alby said:
that's my theory :) GIVE IT BACK DAMN YOU!!! :burn:
ALIEN SEX!!!!! lmao
we know what you mean, but a bit of a bad example. i'd say its like a "panda bear" - its not technically a bear, but it has similar features to one, and some people choose to call it one
the line's very fine isnt it? it seems kinda funny how you have to be part of one specific group for it to count. you'd think we might've become a bit too politically correct when for hetro's its foreplay and for lesbians its sex (and for gays its not much)
The giant panda is a bear.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Hmmm its a tricky question and clearely nuanced.

My take is that sex is defined by its 'mutual' and genital nature.
Mutual meaning in this instance the involvement of (at least) two people or more specifically the involvement of both their genitals.

eg mutual masturbation is a form of sex because it involves mutual stimulation of the genitals, much like penatritive intercourse.

Head/oral is not generally sex though because it is not a mutual activity (barring 69).

Penatration of the vagina or anus with a penis is clearly sex.

I would suggest that lesbian penetration is only sex if the dildo is 'double-ended' unless of course we can say that they have sequential penetrative sex.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Ok well I constitute oral, fingering, and the likes to be "sexual acts" or "foreplay" as natstar suggested. Anal is obviously "anal sex"

"Sex" is when the penis enters the vagina.

And I'll be the black sheep and say that technically, in my opinion homosexuals don't have "sex".

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
grk_styl said:
Ok well I constitute oral, fingering, and the likes to be "sexual acts" or "foreplay" as natstar suggested. Anal is obviously "anal sex"

"Sex" is when the penis enters the vagina.

And I'll be the black sheep and say that technically, in my opinion homosexuals don't have "sex".
What would they have then? And if they don't have sex then doesn't that mean they can't have foreplay since it doesn't neccesarily come before anything else.

I'd personally throw in the idea that whenever a penis enters any of the already mentioned orifices or if a tongue enters/carresses an orifice below the waist then its sex. Especially as thats how our language denotes it ie anal sex, oral sex, vaginal sex (its interesting to note that there's never a 'penis sex' so perhaps it is automatically assumed the penis is penetrating something in all of those instances and thus sex is designated by penis penetration..hrmm). Further they are all acts where partners share fluids and induce sexual pleasure. Which definitely excludes masturbation, mutual or otherwise.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I know it's a debated topic, but everyone has their own views on it, I guess. I constitute "sex" as penis entering the vagina, so in my definition, homosexuals don't have "sex", but they do have "oral sex", "anal sex" and foreplay.

I use quotation marks simply because I'm referring to my own definitions :)

I do however agree that these are all sexual acts. But to me, only one is specifically the act of sex.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Perhaps what has been missed in saying that homosexuals dont have sex because they have anal sex as distinct from sex sex. Is that 'sex' is just short-hand for vaginal sex.

So we have a range of sexual activities:
Oral sex
Anal sex
Vaginal sex

To which the key seems to be the penetration by (and sometimes and) of genitals. Though we should add the penetration by objects for those lacking penetrative abilities eg women.

Therefore sex is any penetration of a body by a phallus or a close facsimile to a phallus.

Anything else is foreplay which I would divide in two ways, horizontally and verticallys. According to the mutual or singular stimulation and genital or general stimulation. Creating a four square matrix of foreplay eg:

-Mutual genital stimulation: Mutual masturbation, dry humping, etc.
-Singular genital stimulation: fingering, handjobs, etc.
-Mutual general stimulation: eg carressing, touching, etc each others bodies, kissing, etc.
-Singular general stimulation: This would be targetted stimulation of one partner by the other eg ear kissing, neck biting, etc.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
loquasagacious said:
Perhaps what has been missed in saying that homosexuals dont have sex because they have anal sex as distinct from sex sex. Is that 'sex' is just short-hand for vaginal sex.

So we have a range of sexual activities:
Oral sex
Anal sex
Vaginal sex

To which the key seems to be the penetration by (and sometimes and) of genitals. Though we should add the penetration by objects for those lacking penetrative abilities eg women.

Therefore sex is any penetration of a body by a phallus or a close facsimile to a phallus.
Oral is not always involving the penetration of a penis into a mouth though - it at times is caressing/limited penetration by the tongue eg cunilingus/analingus. So in that proposed scenario if you had a male-female relationship then oral would only be sex when the man recieves but not when he gives? And also I think it depends where on the body you intend to penetrate...one partner causing another to go down on a plastic phallus would not be sex in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)