What did you choose for your HSC subjects? (2 Viewers)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
Any year 10 students who think that their results from the school cert will reflect on their hsc are very, very wrong!
What are you talking about? We haven't even done our School Certificate yet.

JustKooL

HSC
I might just as well join in:

2u Eng Adv
3u Maths
2u Physics
2u Chemistry
2u Econ
2u Geography

Total = 13u :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Manwithaplan said:
Question, though, if you are doing really well in School Certificate Maths (97-100 in past papers), does that also mean you can get similar marks in 3U and 4U. I mean, its still maths.
Aerath I was referring to this persons question. Whether or not you have done the school cert has nothing to do with it. Some people think that the school cert reflects the mark you'll receive for your hsc and they study like crazy when you can just not do anything at all and get band 5's and 6's. GET IT? :mad1:

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Ah, ok, my bad. I didn't mean it in a hostile way or anything. (Although, after re-reading it, it did seem quite hostile). Sorry.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Aerath said:
Ah, ok, my bad. I didn't mean it in a hostile way or anything. (Although, after re-reading it, it did seem quite hostile). Sorry.
:) No worries

Alex2

HSC
grr apparently German continuers isn't going ahead (which I picked) coz only 3 people picked it... I don't know what to pick instead

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
tanjin said:
Aerath I was referring to this persons question. Whether or not you have done the school cert has nothing to do with it. Some people think that the school cert reflects the mark you'll receive for your hsc and they study like crazy when you can just not do anything at all and get band 5's and 6's. GET IT? :mad1:
To pull out a coincidence I've noticed, my mark in the SC maths exam are identical to the marks I've received in both the 2 unit and extension 1 HSC maths exams. But it's all just a coincidence.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
To pull out a coincidence I've noticed, my mark in the SC maths exam are identical to the marks I've received in both the 2 unit and extension 1 HSC maths exams. But it's all just a coincidence.
I'd say coincidence :) Although manwithaplan asked whether a 97-100 mark in math in the school certificate would get you similiar marks in 3u & 4u math - highly improbable considering the difficulty of the math is very different. However if you study hard it can be done but there's no way that a good mark in the ssc will guarantee good marks for 3u and 4u math. lol did that make sense? I need sleep

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
tanjin said:
I'd say coincidence :) Although manwithaplan asked whether a 97-100 mark in math in the school certificate would get you similiar marks in 3u & 4u math - highly improbable considering the difficulty of the math is very different. However if you study hard it can be done but there's no way that a good mark in the ssc will guarantee good marks for 3u and 4u math. lol did that make sense? I need sleep
My mark in the SC maths section was 25x3 :) Incredibly coincidental :uhhuh:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, agreed.

You can't compare the SC to the HSC. they are totally different, but good luck guys!

***mike***

HSC
***mike*** said:
first of all, HELLO, this is my first post.

second, i just handed in my subject selection for yr. 11 yesterday, this is what i chose:

2U Maths
3U English (advanced + extension 1)
2U Economics
2U Legal Studies
2U Ancient History
2U Biology

= 13 Units.

i would like to know wether i chose subjects that will be helpful for me when i go to uni? i am planning on doing an IT/Law course.

cheers, Mike
well unfortunately i found out that bio and ancient clashed and that their was a line were i hadnt picked anything, so my subjects now look like this:

2U Maths
3U English (advanced + extension 1)
2U Economics
2U Legal Studies
2U Ancient History
2U Modern History

= 13 Units.

but i have decided to do I.T externally so hopefully i can substitute that with modern history if they are put on the same line.

belle299

HSC
I picked:
English Advanced
English Extension 1
Mathematics 2 unit
Geography
Earth and Environmental Science
Chemistry
Agriculture
= 13 units

***mike***

HSC
i go to Redfield College. which is a private school which goes from yr. 2 to yr. 12 all boys.

it isnot an open highschool. i am (not to be bragging) VERY good at computers, since my school doesnt offer I.T i will be doing it through a tafe... i am going to do an accelerated course so i only have to take 8 units in year 12.

W00t i get heaps of free's next year :D

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Studies of Religon 1 unit (compulsory at our school)
Advanced English
Maths Extension 1 (Doing HSC in Year 11)
Physics
Chemistry
Economics

HSC
I choose:
Advanced English
VET Hospitality
Visual Arts
Buisness Studies
VET Information technology
General Maths

I just recently found out i didn't get Maths and Visual arts which was a bummer. I'm kind of happy i didn't get maths though. =D

Instead of Maths and visual arts i got my 7th and 8th choices, biology and ancient history.

I'm still happy though. =D

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
you can do two VET courses? I didn't know that.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Mine are:
  • Advanced English (compulsory) - possibly even Extension 1
  • Maths Extension 2 (compulsory)
  • Physics
  • Chemistry
  • Legal Studies

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)