• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What do employers think of UWS? (1 Viewer)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
UWS = shit
If you go to UWS it's basically saying to an employer that you were too stupid to get into anywhere else.
It's as simple as that.
No you're not. I am seriously considering going to UWS and I got 98.80.

L

LaraB

hYperTrOphY said:
No you're not. I am seriously considering going to UWS and I got 98.80.
lol - i find it so funny that other people come in here and make stupid claims like that when there are those of us who could easily have gone elsewhere, and already have jobs! proving you can get a job being even a 1st year student, who chose UWS :p...

Mel - what do you mean "you think" you got a scholarship? - congrat btw!:)

L

LaraB

iamsickofyear12 said:
UWS = shit
If you go to UWS it's basically saying to an employer that you were too stupid to get into anywhere else.
It's as simple as that.

And you can't trust the opinion of anyone that goes to UWS because they are clearly bias.
yet another unbelievably intellectual comment! bravo! always lovely when students directly contradict the words of employers

i wish people with no lives would come into the UWS forum more often :rolleyes:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
It doesn't matter what UAI you get. UWS says to people that you were too stupid to get into a better uni whether it is true or not. This isn't just my opinion. I know a lot of people who think the same and some of those people are employers. So you can't tell me employers don't think less of UWS when the employers I know do.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Mel - what do you mean "you think" you got a scholarship?
The uni called her, telling her she will receive some scholarship, even though she didn't apply for any, nor was she even eligible! haha

hYperTrOphY

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It doesn't matter what UAI you get. UWS says to people that you were too stupid to get into a better uni whether it is true or not. This isn't just my opinion. I know a lot of people who think the same and some of those people are employers. So you can't tell me employers don't think less of UWS when the employers I know do.
But then if the only problem employers have with UWS graduates is that they probably had a lower UAI than graduates from other unis, wouldn't this problem be rectified by simply reavealing that your UAI was high enough to go to other universities?

L

LaraB

natstar said:
No, we are saying what is true becuase we are students and experience it. You are going off a lot of bull shit hear say. Maybe you should get some better evidence of why UWS is shit.
Don't get me started on where you say only stupid people go there. Last year a boy who got the highest IQ in his age group was a student at UWS.
If you are gonna call UWS students stupid, you might as well call people at other uni's like Newcastle, UNE, CSU etc etc etc stupid becuase we have around the same UAI's, if not, higher. Remember UAI is determined by demand.
exactly...

i love how all these students from other unis come in here and give us their big ego-spiel which b asically comes down to "i think uws sucks, i think my uni's better, i think employers think uws students suck, i think uws students got shit UAIs" - havent any of you noticed it is ALL your opinion?

even if you were right in some cases - who cares! of course some employers are going to be narrow minded and backward - but they will be the ones who will suffer in the end by hiring all snobby WASP city uni grads... why would any student in their right mind want to work for such a firm?

as is typical of students like you, Iamsickofyear12, you assume that everyone is moronic enough to associate name with success... half these students going around bragging about working for Ernst and Young or PWC or whatever are just shit grade 1 clerks who do fuck all but photocopy and file shit all day...

seems to be the common thing with bag out comments in here from non uws students - they're comprised of such intellectual comments like "UWS is shit" whilst comments from uws students actually have something to base it on...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
natstar said:
No, we are saying what is true becuase we are students and experience it. You are going off a lot of bull shit hear say. Maybe you should get some better evidence of why UWS is shit.
Don't get me started on where you say only stupid people go there. Last year a boy who got the highest IQ in his age group was a student at UWS.
If you are gonna call UWS students stupid, you might as well call people at other uni's like Newcastle, UNE, CSU etc etc etc stupid becuase we have around the same UAI's, if not, higher. Remember UAI is determined by demand.
You just don't want to admit that the uni you go to sucks. I have friends who go there and they tell me it is shit.

L

LaraB

Not-That-Bright said:
Campbelltown has better law facilities.
Mel - it doesn't really matter...

plenty of people at parra get HD's with the facilities there so it isn't exactly a big deal... its the same as people who bitch bout UWS having not a big enough library blah blah blah - you don't need more than is there... especially as most resources are online now so it's no biggy

campbelltown does seem to have more social stuff but lol seems like the people who actually go to every event don't do too well at uni as a result lol so you probably wouldn't be going to everything anyways...

if you live more towards parra too the lack of travel can be nice too especially if you have early starts and late finishes...

doesn't campbelltown still do 4 hr law lectures? coz if it does - thats' seriously something to consider coz parra has 2x2hr far as if you don't think you can concentrate for that long it can be a bit of a bitch to actually pay attention and learn:p

klh

HSC
this is fun isnt it?
what particularly sucks about it? Im sure youll coem up with something that we can give a perfect reply to, but ofcourse you will dishonour it sicne its "biased", well im sure your biased aobtu your university too. We arent exactly biased, but we are telling people that UWS is a university like any other and like everythign else in the world, it will have its quirks. SO, if you please, keep your comments to yourself if it has no substance other than "my friend told me.." or "i heard tell.." or so on.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
UWS is a university with the sort of funding problems that only exist at one other university, that is newcastle. UWS students have had to change their degree's due to units/courses being cut. Also, due to the lack of money, uws has not been able to attract 'teh best' researchers or whatever, however this is not always a disadvantage -- often the 'better' lecturers are too busy to bother focusing on their classes and instead focus on their research.

Anyway, UWS is suffering from huge problems.

As for the libraries... they're kinda pointless. Most people prefer to go online, and thankfully uws does have excellent access to online resources (which are most of the time better anyway). But, if for whatever reason you love the old book libraries, you will not be impressed with UWS.

L

LaraB

klh said:
this is fun isnt it?
what particularly sucks about it? Im sure youll coem up with something that we can give a perfect reply to, but ofcourse you will dishonour it sicne its "biased", well im sure your biased aobtu your university too. We arent exactly biased, but we are telling people that UWS is a university like any other and like everythign else in the world, it will have its quirks. SO, if you please, keep your comments to yourself if it has no substance other than "my friend told me.." or "i heard tell.." or so on.
nothing beats the "well i went to uws and its shit"...

only then to find out they went with a friend for a whole hour! big effort! :rolleyes: during break so there's not gonna be many students around and they didn't even set foot in the library or the auditorium or the bar or the cafe or the rec hall or the student support services building or attend any lectures or attend any seminars or attend any of the free workshops or have a look around the campus to see what it looks like apart from the student centre or go into the gym or speak to any students...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I have nothing at all against UWS so I have no reason to say that it sucks if it doesn't. I have never heard a single positive thing about it. I don't care if you go there and think it's good because most people know it by it's reputation as a second rate university.

kido525

HSC
emplyers dont give a shit they see ifu have the skills and ability and that if u can prove ur self worthy then ur number 1 uni doesnt really matter in the real world like ur hsc marks once ur in uni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)