What do I do if i got no formal date? (1 Viewer)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
It's all g unless all your friends have one, because then basically as mentioned it's a bit awkward. You still got a chance to get a date on the day if your school is co-ed otherwise enjoy a typical night with da boyz.

NFmusic1995

HSC
Bro so many of my friends aren't going without one

TBH its even worse if you take "just a friend" it will make everything more awkward, and like putting that flower thingo on her arm and doing all the "couple" stuff when there friends

I took a friend in year 10, lets just say it was so awkward we nearly stopped talking after it LOL

going by yourself is fun, your with all your mates again, and its just a good night

the_one_1

HSC
I'm not going with one.

My plan go without one walk away with thousands :p

1. Get suited/SWAGed out
2. Go for formal
3. Girls will check you out
4. Walk out with a line of them behind you
5. See what happens at an After Party (if your allowed to go (not me:(), might get lucky) :p

Edit:
WAIT!!!... I seriously didn't think about this when putting down GET LUCKY & then remembered...

Last edited:

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Bro so many of my friends aren't going without one

TBH its even worse if you take "just a friend" it will make everything more awkward, and like putting that flower thingo on her arm and doing all the "couple" stuff when there friends

I took a friend in year 10, lets just say it was so awkward we nearly stopped talking after it LOL

going by yourself is fun, your with all your mates again, and its just a good night
true dat

are you kidding ObliviousNinja? Did your other date refuse to go out with you??? Cecila

shes not that mean

monsta4lyfe

HSC
My school is one of the first schools to do the formal. We do it about 1 and a half weeks before grad.

I took a friend of mine who was 1 year older than me. She is really pretty and a good friend of mine, and a lot of guys in my year (I go to an all-boys school) came up to me asking who she was (kinda awkward, some were even flirting ffs). We danced a lot and agreed it was quite a fun night. Also, I didn't feel the need or burning desire for any afters.
At the time, in my mind, I actually looked down to guys who didn't even bother consider taking a formal partner. I felt really awkward at the table I was sitting at; there was 8 guys and 2 girls. Even when I wanted to dance just with my formal partner, there had to be desperate friends of mine that would join us out of feeling socially awkward. I think there was only two instances where I could enjoy dancing with my formal partner alone.

About a week later, I was over holding grudges against guys who I thought had leeched off our enjoyment. Tbh, I'd probably just advise to at least consider taking somebody that you think would make a good choice, otherwise its perfectly fine to go alone and just hang with your mates, just so long as you respect another couple if they want a bit of alone time.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
for real though like chinese with first or even second generation parents must be able to get some cutie imported to marry once they've got a decent job though right

monsta4lyfe

HSC
im sorry to be the one to break it to you, but that sounds really retarded and borderline autistic
I'm curious how you came to that conclusion.

All I was feeling at the time was that just because you didn't bring someone, that's fine, so long as you respect others who had brought someone.
Besides, you missed the whole point of that statement where I said I was over it.

Seriously, even if you did feel that way about what I said, why the hell would say something like that? Oh that's right, I forgot, its the internet, where having an opinion is a mortal sin...

Makematics

HSC
I'm curious how you came to that conclusion.

All I was feeling at the time was that just because you didn't bring someone, that's fine, so long as you respect others who had brought someone.
Besides, you missed the whole point of that statement where I said I was over it.

Seriously, even if you did feel that way about what I said, why the hell would say something like that? Oh that's right, I forgot, its the internet, where having an opinion is a mortal sin...
the concept of "leeching our enjoyment" just amazes me... firstly, she is your god damn friend. im guessing your friends knew that, so they arent exactly 'cock-blocking' you. i honestly dont see how theyve done anything wrong.

monsta4lyfe

HSC
the concept of "leeching our enjoyment" just amazes me... firstly, she is your god damn friend. im guessing your friends knew that, so they arent exactly 'cock-blocking' you. i honestly dont see how theyve done anything wrong.
Honestly I agree with you, I personally kinda regret how I felt towards my friends on that night. All I am trying to say is to give a bit of distance between each other, especially with events like that, it felt bit excessive at times, and alright... I kind've have feelings for her secretly. Remember, this was all in my mind, and I did nothing to show what I was thinking.

In all honesty, I can be a bit exclusive at times, but the real me is quite down to earth, which is why I have friends in the first place.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Makematics and co, can u two get a room already, theres obviously some tension going on between you two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)