what do people think of the multiple choice this year? (1 Viewer)

talisman

HSC
i personally fail in mc. will it be to your advantage/disadvantage? comments?

ZeeZee3

HSC
I absolutely hate multiple choice, its the only reason why I dont get good marks. Will always prefer writing up the working out and answer.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
As I've said before, I think it's ridiculous.

Next thing you know they'll be introducing a long response section and question 8 will be "Assess the impact on society of calculus" or "Analyse the work of Leonhard Euler and discuss his impact on modern understanding of mathematics".

purple025536

HSC
HAHA hate multiple choice with a passion, had my 2 unit half yearly today (yes sadly, im an accelerated repeat) and it had multiple choice, felt strange, last years hsc format was much better.

zeebobDD

HSC

Next thing you know they'll be introducing a long response section and question 8 will be "Assess the impact on society of calculus" or "Analyse the work of Leonhard Euler and discuss his impact on modern understanding of mathematics".
LOOOL this would be sooo funny

eric_

HSC
people say multiple choice is dumb, and I agree, we'll have to do lots of working out for one mark, which is not worth it.

Magical Kebab

HSC
Just gay. Maths is Maths, they don't award marks for questions with no working out yet they put multiple choice. Purely fucked.

jnney

lemon
HSC

noooo !):

D94

HSC
N/A
people say multiple choice is dumb, and I agree, we'll have to do lots of working out for one mark, which is not worth it.
....lots of working? ...on what appears to be pretty straightforward questions. Most of those sample questions are only ever worth a maximum of 2 marks, maybe 3, 1-2 mark for the development of the solution, and 1 mark for inputting the correct values and finding a solution.

And even if you do get them wrong, in the HSC, you will lose that mark for the incorrect development, and get a mark for the working out. So really, you don't lose anything. Say if one of the MC questions was actually a 1 mark question, and you do the working but you make an error, you lose that mark, period. So, either way, it's the same amount of worth as what was happening, which is why I find it pointless and not making any difference whatsoever.

Last edited:

mirakon

nigga
HSC
What an extraordinarily stupid idea

Since when was maths about taking a lucky shot at colouring in the right bubble?

criticalthinker

HSC
the most annoying part is that you have to do a lot of work for just a single mark...

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A

You know, I would actually enjoy answering a question like that.

I love studying the history behind the Mathematics as well as actually doing it.

IamBread

HSC
Multiple choice is just stupid. No point to it.

You know, I would actually enjoy answering a question like that.

I love studying the history behind the Mathematics as well as actually doing it.
As much as I also love learning about the history of maths and physics, I hate having questions like that where I am assessing the impact of their work.

Skeptyks

HSC
I'm predicting that the multiple choice questions will obviously/hopefully be straightforward or require just very little working out = easy marks?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
A maths question will always be a maths question. Move on kids!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)