What do u hate about MAQ (2 Viewers)

ALLLICE

HSC
I'm surprised not to find more hatred and resentment in this thread - could it possibly be that people actually like Mq? :eek: This thread needs more :burn: (would be entertaining in some twisted way)
Umm... I like Macquarie :). It's not perfect but no uni is. The poor wi-fi and mobile reception is my biggest annoyance I guess. And the food is ridiculously priced. Oh and I miss all the discounts and things we used to get with SAM.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Umm... I like Macquarie :). It's not perfect but no uni is. The poor wi-fi and mobile reception is my biggest annoyance I guess. And the food is ridiculously priced. Oh and I miss all the discounts and things we used to get with SAM.

The candy is cheap, thats all that matters.

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
Just the shit mobile reception. Haven't tried WiFi yet.
As for food, I like grabbing a cup of chips every now and then from the Grill :(
Serious feel good food. mmmmmmmm.
Other than that, Macq Centre is where i satisfy mah hunger.

ALLLICE

HSC
$8 sandwiches!!!!!!! That's not cheap guys! Sure, if you want the hot chips they're relatively inexpensive but stuff like sandwiches are way too expensive imo.

X

xeuyrawp

I'm surprised not to find more hatred and resentment in this thread - could it possibly be that people actually like Mq? :eek: This thread needs more :burn: (would be entertaining in some twisted way)
How about the fact that whilst on the one hand, Macquarie is lowering its standards both locally and internationally by not only increasing intake but also dropping entry requirements. On the other hand, the VC has made it clear that he is moving primarily (if not exclusively) to equity --rather than merit-- scholarships. Thus Macquarie is soon to become one of the worst universities in NSW because, as any decent student from any decent university will tell you, a university experience is all about the other students. So the good students aren't attracted to the uni, shit students are let in, and this in turn attracts shitter students.

Last edited by a moderator:

old.skool.kid

HSC
Yeah the mobile phone reception is annoying. So are the asians who go on blatantly watch movies and anime on the computers while your waiting in a que to use them for an asignment thats due to tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!:burn:

Oh and the walk to BBE pracs, its deadset a 2k bushwalk to get there! They should offer a courtesy bus or something jeeeez

ALLLICE

HSC
6.50 chicken salad roll!
My point still stands. $6.50 is still a lot of money.

On a side note, what about the people who sleep on the desks in the library, or leave their shit on the desks then leave? Haven't seen any hate for them recently. Or the people who stand around refreshing hotmail in reserve when you're trying to print an assignment/ research =(.

Kiim2507

HSC
What sandwiches are $8?!
I get chicken/salad and I swear it's like $5.50.

The sandwiches at Mac Centre are around $8 but they are sooooooooooooooo good I reckon it's worth it.

I don't think $6.50 is a lot for a sandwich with chicken and salad, considering the cost of meat and veges, the labour to cut all the salad, labour to make the sandwich and the associated costs with running a business (rent etc). I think $6.50 is quite reasonable.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
What about people that come to lectures late and force everyone else to stand up so they can get to that last remaining seat in the middle of the row?

old.skool.kid

HSC
On a side note, what about the people who sleep on the desks in the library, or leave their shit on the desks then leave? Haven't seen any hate for them recently. Or the people who stand around refreshing hotmail in reserve when you're trying to print an assignment/ research =(.
yeah and this.

Mathmatics85

HSC

Maybe you haven't studied long enough? Sometimes not always when u study long-ass hours u just wanna stop everything and take a nap. Even after having a good night sleep u still get tired...it gets worse with the air conditioning because Macq lib has such a cold aircon and they just fuck up ur body temp.

The ones that I hate the most is those who put their shit on their desk and leave for classes/friends. they just so piss me off, and when I see desks like that during exam time I just wanna throw everything off the desk..

Atlas

HSC
N/A
Mq people are so tolerant :haha: No wonder, so many students from other unis think Mq students are so nice and friendly

Still surprised that there wasn't any more juicy hate-infested rants with more :burn: and $^#%&$#%@!!!! and #%@#^*$#^!

Are you holding back because of politeness and civility or just simply satisfied and content with Mq?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, don't worry, friends and I used to buy chicken salt for lunch, that was all we could 'afford' and hey stopped giving that out for free so :(

Maybe you haven't studied long enough? Sometimes not always when u study long-ass hours u just wanna stop everything and take a nap. Even after having a good night sleep u still get tired...it gets worse with the air conditioning because Macq lib has such a cold aircon and they just fuck up ur body temp.

The ones that I hate the most is those who put their shit on their desk and leave for classes/friends. they just so piss me off, and when I see desks like that during exam time I just wanna throw everything off the desk..
Spoken like a true accounting student, because lets face it, its only those guys who do this.

Odyssey2001

HSC
What about people that come to lectures late and force everyone else to stand up so they can get to that last remaining seat in the middle of the row?
YES I find this very annoying because I arrive on time and sit where I want to sit then people decide to come in 10-15minutes late and the lectuer makes everyone move in so the late comers can get a seat. The annoying thing is that I've allready made myself comfortable, got out my notes etc: then I have to shove or 2 or 3 seats just because THEY'RE late.

I think someone allready mentioned it but anyway I hate it when (and its 100 times worse during exams) people go into the library and put folders on empty desks and walk away for hours so when the library is packed they can come take a seat. I remember once last year during exams I was in the library at about 9:00am and these two guys came in and put crap on 8 (YES 8 desks) and walked away and left them, they were still there an hour later when I left.

Another annoying thing about the library is that is strictly states levels 3 and 4 are for individual study and yet I always seem to sit somewhere where there are people who obviously can't read and talk, talk, talk!! Most times I can't move because the library is full. Sorry about all my library complaining but its the only place / time I can really study in a quiet area (most of the time :mad1: ) so it annoys me when people abuse the rules.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)