What do u hate about the BOS? (1 Viewer)

SgtSlick

well is that so? i cant believe they have enough time on their hands to be on a students web-board, but i WONT have u sued either laz, becoz the website is a credit to u, and vastly helpful, so i, and i pray everyone else does too, backs off

:spam:

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
If you say anything that could harm the reputation of a person or business...
drats.

does this include the Board of Studies? ;)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Sorry to have to do this, but you guys need to be careful of what you say - we've had two complaints from organisations who claim that they've been 'slandered' in this forum.

If you say anything that could harm the reputation of a person or business, it needs to be justified, and it needs to be clear that it is your own opinion and that you're not purporting it to be fact. Don't go over the top, either.

I apologise - I'm not usually one for silencing crying voices - but I'll not risk us being sued. Try to be reasonable.
I guess you can't tell us which ones (but I can guess ...)

Um, there isn't really any way they can tell who we are is there though?

Amuka

The fact that they are trying to teach what to think not how to think!

I'm so damn angry at this fact and their agenda is so obviously and blantantly left wing its not funny.

Take english this year. The most overt instance of liberalism (and i mean liberal as in left wing not the screwed up system in Aus where the libs are right wing) is the interpretations of Lear. I mean they tried to claim they were trying to claim they were getting us to look at things from a variety of viewpoints, BS, they were trying to get us to look at it from Liberal viewpoints, gay, feminist, marxist etc, to influence us to their ways. If they were really interested in getting us to look at things from a variety or perspective where were the far right, nazi or extremely conservative perspectives ??? Or the enviromentalism in BNW/BR or Immigrant Chronicle and the reconciliation in the change booklet, more left wing liberal ideas. Nice how the telling the truth topic didnt bother to mention the left wing/liberal slant of the media and its demonisation of the forums of the people where those other than in the intellegnsia get a say (e.g talkback radio) but then agian being part of the intellegnsia they hardly would.....

Another example is racism, how many fucking times over the years has BOS tried to teach us how evil racism is. But really what right does the BOS have to be imposing values on children, they are un-elected bureacrats who got their jobs through no great skill, intellegence, knowledge or popularity. The problem is BOS is the intellegnsia, they think they are smarter than everyone else and thus they values and beliefs are absolutely correct and thus should be taught to kids before they are old enough to make up their own minds.

:mad:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
hang on, so you condone racism?
They tell us murder, theft and drugs are wrong too, do you think that is a bad thing?

And may I point out the board of studies don't do anything.....they appoint people (i.e. former teachers) to write their curriculums and exams, and the bos don't tell them what to put in it either, they are orangised by a panel of experts in that course area (ie english, maths history etc)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR11
hang on, so you condone racism?
They tell us murder, theft and drugs are wrong too, do you think that is a bad thing?

And may I point out the board of studies don't do anything.....they appoint people (i.e. former teachers) to write their curriculums and exams, and the bos don't tell them what to put in it either, they are orangised by a panel of experts in that course area (ie english, maths history etc)
I am told they have final approval, and editing rights ...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
All I am saying is get over your conspiracy theories.
You've done the HSC.
After you receive your results you will have nothing to do with the Board of Studies ever again, so stop dwelling on things you can't change.
You have finished school.
You should be concentrating on the future and all the fun times you had at school, not acting bitter and twisted toward the Board of Studies.
Just remember, if they wanted to press certain politcal views through their curriculums, would they not make year 11 and 12 compulsary?
I would assume anyone mature enough to make the decision to continue their schooling into yr 11 &12 would be mature enough to make their own life decisions and would therefore not be at the so-called mercy of the 'un-elected bureacrats'.

SgtSlick

it is obvious that u are too blind to see the overt messages contained in much of the curriculum and support material from the BOS, thats fine, but we can. Also this post is not a question of maturity, as i can assure the majority of us here are both mature and astute enough to allow their brainwashing to roll off our backs. So unless u are the son/daughter of someone who works for the BOS shut your word hole, because I am not attacking anone from the BOS personally, that was Amuka, and yes I admit that post was slighty right-wing, but similiar sentiments are shared by the majority of yr 12 students. So thank u for ure comment, but fuck u :D

(no offense intended)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
3 words
Get over it

You are finished school for god's sake. Go out and celebrate and stop dwelling on the past. IT'S OVER!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
sorry, what?
you suck dick?
I don't particularly want to know what you do in your personal life, lets keep this argument contained to the site

SgtSlick

yr 11, im not overly offended by ure childish reversal of argument shit and i am appaled that u had to resort to " i know u are so what am i?" tactics so early... SO what u should do is, fuck off back to ure preliminary classes like the inbred childish little homo u are, and stay away from me, coz im like two days from going to skoolies and if i see u there im gonna kick u in the head (offence intended)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
ok
let me just ask
why are you so defensive of this message board?
why do you feel the need to abuse me just because my user name happens to be the grade below you?
Did you get abused when you were in year 11 or sumthin?
Do you think I'm like stepping into you territory or sumthin. News mate, this is a message board, which purpose is to post messages. Thats what I am doing. Im sorry if I am affecting your ability to sleep at night, but I like 'posting messages' on this 'message board'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)