What do we 'hate' about Year 11? Come in and vent your frustration! (1 Viewer)

such_such

HSC
YAY RANTSSS :D
10.75 hours of tutoring a week is so, so sad. For some reason I prioritise tutor homework over school homework. Urgh. And the only reason I DO get it all done is because I sleep at 1am and wake up at 5pm. Assessment tasks all through the term, around 5 left. And PEAK chemistry and physics module test... and N&S differentiation exam is coming up very soon.

But yeah, other than that year 11's awesome.

JasonNg

HSC
Macquarie Fields High School. haha I think I lowered your expectations. RivalryofTroll used to come here!
Ohs. Haha. Thought you would've come from a school closer to the Cabramatta region. Many of my friends go to PEAK and N&S :)

Moooooo

HSC
How do you guys do 3 hours of study per day!?

I feel discouraged....which is my problem in year 11...

:spzz: aaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How do you guys do 3 hours of study per day!?

I feel discouraged....which is my problem in year 11...

:spzz: aaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps try composing a to-do list which has an amount of work equivalent to 3 hours.

Examine

same
HSC
How to study for 3 hours.

1. Stop whatever your doing
2. Sit down
3. Get out your book
4. Pump the Feed Me songs, preferably this one:
5. Study for 3 hours.

Not hard.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep! 1.5 Chem 1.5 Physics, 1.5 English & 5.75 Maths :)
HOLY MOLY xD
Is that like 4U + 3U both at Truong with more maffs at PEAK?

My tutor schedule is like 2 for Maffs (tipps), 1.5 english and 1.5 physics :/

Heard the schedule at macfields is crazy :/

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
What I hate about year 11...
1. The kids that you see wander around the school and a few of them are in my business and English class. Kids that literally don't give a crap about how they perform or what's going to happen if they fail the HSC, they are simply satisfied by saying "I done the HSC". Today in business I literally wanted to go up to a kid and shake him and say "if year 8 had re-enrollments you wouldn't make it". I do believe that not all students can receive straight A's but there's a fine line between trying your best and doing nothing at all. Not to say this in a satirical or uplifting manner but seriously, there are kids who had the choice but should've never come back to year 11.

2. The teachers. This mainly applies right now to my general maths class, even though I'm aceing the subject; this teacher can't let go of the fact that he caught me playing a game in year 8 when we first got our laptops. After we finished a topic test yesterday we all went on world maths day and he said "what game are you playing now". Little things like that just get annoying especially when it happens like every lesson. In addition to the whole teachers topic, some teachers that really over-exaggerate upcoming tests or assessment tasks. I feel that I'm better off with a harder assignment/test with a teacher that doesn't exaggerate it and when that does happen, I tend to do very well regardless of the difficulty of the assessment. When they do exaggerate it, it makes me evermore stressed and I tend to make silly mistakes and not perform to the rest of my ability (friends and I were talking about this today, actually).

3. Those "always want to be on top students" that will go to great lengths to prove that they should've performed better than yourself. We had a topic test on business because we finished the first topic and I was the only one in the class that got a perfect mark of 100. This kid that I thought was actually my friend went to great lengths to try and prove I cheated or got assistance from someone in the test when he couldn't. I like competition, it motivates you; but having kids that go to the degree of suspecting you of cheating is too far.

'Care

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)