what do you do when... (1 Viewer)

HSC
ok so i've just about run out of HSC papers to do for my subjects, what do i do once i finish them other than go through and find faults and fix any holes in knowledge/answering technique??

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
ok so i've just about run out of HSC papers to do for my subjects, what do i do once i finish them other than go through and find faults and fix any holes in knowledge/answering technique??
yes go over them and make sure in regards to English for instance, your actually answered the questions, had good essay structure and used enough quotes. you'll find that when looking over some of your answers you may go WTF was i thinking. Once you have done all that, just go over your notes to the point where you can just visualise the actual page and the words on it :)

HSC
if you want more practice, go look at some past james ruse trials or cssa trials etc

curious to know: how many past papers did you do for 2u maths?

amour

Female
HSC

Holy moley. I've done 1 for each subject..

HSC
if you want more practice, go look at some past james ruse trials or cssa trials etc

curious to know: how many past papers did you do for 2u maths?
i've done 50 now, only 2 HSC papers left :( and i try to avoid CSSA cause they are way harder than HSC (demoralising) and the content is usually pretty different compared to HSC)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I've got 2010 chemistry to go for chemistry then I'll have to go pre-2004. And I've done the 2006-2010 CSSA chem as well. Oh the advantages of having a tutor.
But for bio I've done none, english I've done a paper one and two, extension one I did 1985-1996, extension two we did 1989-1991 or some shit and sor2 I've done nothing.
So, it's not thar hard to run out of papers. Esp when there are only 3 paper 1s and 2s for English!

HSC
i've done 50 now, only 2 HSC papers left :( and i try to avoid CSSA cause they are way harder than HSC (demoralising) and the content is usually pretty different compared to HSC)
50 papers for 2u maths? that's insane... i could only hope for half of that

in your more recent past papers, what marks have you been averaging?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
so you wouldnt recommend cssa for preparation for the hsc?
The HSC style paper differ from trial papers like Neap, CSSA and Independent. You kind of know what to expect in the HSC paper per se. I agree with A_Machiavellian, the trial papers can be at times demoralising.

HSC
not bad...

have you seen any real improvements from start to end? or from paper no. 25 - 50? your marks seem pretty stable

also... i have this problem where throughout the past 2 years, i've done almost every q. 6-10 through random revision or in class... do you have that same problem?

Glorious

HSC
There are books with solutions from 1990 onwards, I used to have one for 2u, I forgot what it was called
Ouch, too late for that now. I was hoping for some online resource or something.

HSC
not bad...

have you seen any real improvements from start to end? or from paper no. 25 - 50? your marks seem pretty stable

also... i have this problem where throughout the past 2 years, i've done almost every q. 6-10 through random revision or in class... do you have that same problem?
staarted of getting 65% :p i just included HSC papers cause the other blank ones are all of varying difficulties

and yeah there are only 2 hsc papers i haven't done for maths :S

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
I've done like 2, this will not end well.
I've only done 5 but repeated 2009 and 2010. All my marks were stable so is there any real point in doing more? From them I just identified problem areas and went back to those in my text book. Then repeat to past papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)