• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What do you guys think of the Western Sydney guys supporting the hamas attack on the israelites and rallying over this? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Please try to gain more knowledge on this matter and see both sides of the story which again is difficult when posts are being censored and taken off.
You consistently say this, yet you haven't linked any valuable or viable evidence or information to back any of your prior arguments up. Not to mention, it doesn't really seem that you are actually trying to see both sides of the story. Maybe that's just how I see this discussion, but I personally understand your scepticism and am actively trying to develop my own judgements, trying to see both sides of the story and actively researching news, so it doesn't make sense for you to claim that these pro-Israel posts are not looking at the whole picture. Making empty claims and statements does not back up your arguments, and according to the last five or so Pro-Hamas posts, all of the supposed 'evidence' against Israel has been either deleted or censored....!

um proof is thats my account, my mates and my uncles account got banned after we posted stories about Palestine
This just posted whilst writing the above paragraph. Again, may I repeat that you haven't actually shown any proof of this 'censorship' apart from simply saying it - send a screenshot, send something, anything that actually shows this! Please! I want to see this other side of the story but absolutely no-one has sent viable news sources, articles or information - everything has been random screenshots and instagram posts. Validity of sources is a huge thing to keep in mind when trying to come up with a conclusion from a discussion (for onlookers of this discussion).

Last edited:

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
why is this palestine/israel shit such a lightning rod lol

this is the only thread at this shithole forum to actually get more than 5 posts in 5 years

like who gives a f ucking shit

two of the biggest asshole groups in the world with no regard for human life a nd honesty killing each other again

just close the curtains, put on your favourite record and wait for them to finish, this is a blessing not a curse

Rattlehead15

HSC
why is this palestine/israel shit such a lightning rod lol

this is the only thread at this shithole forum to actually get more than 5 posts in 5 years

like who gives a f ucking shit

two of the biggest asshole groups in the world with no regard for human life a nd honesty killing each other again

just close the curtains, put on your favourite record and wait for them to finish, this is a blessing not a curse
I dont like how a lot of people turn this into some kind of conspiracy/media argument. Like if you believe in a certain type of media, youre being brainwashed, which is hypocritical since people saying that kind of stuff believe in their own biased source too. Like 'the western media is out to get you'. Im sorry but what else do you want me to believe? Instagram posts from Muslim/Jewish pages? Hypocrisy. A lot of this media stuff I think also comes down to people wanting to believe that theyre smarter than everyone else, that they know what other people dont. People like to believe they know everything and their media source is the truth. No source is unbiased, especially when people are referencing Israeli/Jewish/Arab/Muslim commentators.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I dont like how a lot of people turn this into some kind of conspiracy/media argument. Like if you believe in a certain type of media, youre being brainwashed, which is hypocritical since people saying that kind of stuff believe in their own biased source too. Like 'the western media is out to get you'. Im sorry but what else do you want me to believe? Instagram posts from Muslim/Jewish pages? Hypocrisy. A lot of this media stuff I think also comes down to people wanting to believe that theyre smarter than everyone else, that they know what other people dont. People like to believe they know everything and their media source is the truth. No source is unbiased, especially when people are referencing Israeli/Jewish/Arab/Muslim commentators.
I think a lot of that stems from people interchangeably swapping "Israeli" for "Jew", and "Arab" for "Muslim", which just adds to this debate negatively by often bringing in either antisemitism or islamophobia, and it's really annoying, frustrating and horrible to see. Why can't we just discuss this without hatred for the supposed 'incorrect' side? Personally, I will say my opinions when I see something that I strongly believe is factually and blatantly incorrect, but in saying that, none of these discussions should ever be about trying to forcefully convince each other of what is 'right' - opinions are just opinions.

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
the real mystery is how palestine became this relatively big issue for organised far left wing ppl

right wing defenders of israel try to insinuate its bc theyre secretly anti semitic, but i dont think they are

real anti semites in my experience don't care about the conflict at all or see it as somewhat interesting/curious but not something to feel passionately over

i dont think these activists and palestine will be free chanter types on college campuses etc think that whatsoever

that's why this whole thing is weird; why do they care so much, why is this THE issue for so many given these people are absolutely 100% not anti-semites at all and in fact would be horrified at anything explicitly so

Rattlehead15

HSC
I think a lot of that stems from people interchangeably swapping "Israeli" for "Jew", and "Arab" for "Muslim", which just adds to this debate negatively by often bringing in either antisemitism or islamophobia, and it's really annoying, frustrating and horrible to see. Why can't we just discuss this without hatred for the supposed 'incorrect' side? Personally, I will say my opinions when I see something that I strongly believe is factually and blatantly incorrect, but in saying that, none of these discussions should ever be about trying to forcefully convince each other of what is 'right' - opinions are just opinions.
Yes, too many people are too confident with their opinions when this is an issue that is way bigger and longer lasting and more complex than any one person can truly get to know the absolute truth behind. I myself don't have an opinion as this has nothing to do with me.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
real anti semites (like me) in my experience don't care about the conflict at all or see it as somewhat interesting/curious but not something to feel passionately over

jews are an absolutely noxious group but i dont think these activists and palestine will be free chanter types on college campuses etc think that whatsoever
can I ask what the purpose of posting this was? what does it add to this argument, us knowing you're a "real anti semite", and why do you feel the need to bring that up?

Rattlehead15

HSC
Yes, too many people are too confident with their opinions when this is an issue that is way bigger and longer lasting and more complex than any one person can truly get to know the absolute truth behind. I myself don't have an opinion as this has nothing to do with me.
It worries me that this kind of black and white political thinking is bleeding in to Australia, which has always been apolitical and easy going, unlike the USA where wars between vegan liberals and anti vax republicans break out on the daily.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
why the FUCK are the "NSW Teachers Federation and NSW Nurses and Midwives’ Association" 'condemning israel' 😂 😂 😂 like bro shouldn't you be out shilling for the ALP and supporting mass immigration to the detriment of your members like you usually do 💀💀💀 what tf the middle east go to do with any of your shit lmaoooooo

temporarylol

HSC
Uni Grad
um proof is thats my account, my mates and my uncles account got banned after we posted stories about Palestine. There r many other people experiencing same thing. Surprisingly they let the idf post whatver they want on insta. And I also appreciate that u r looking at many news sources. I dont necessarily use insta to get my news. However news always seems to reach insta before it reaches major news companies. All I wanna understand that it is stand with Ukraine when Russia invades but not stand with Palestine when Israel does?
have you considered it's because posting your own stories only contributes to further misinformation, not because facebook/insta has some agenda against Palestine...

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
why the FUCK are the "NSW Teachers Federation and NSW Nurses and Midwives’ Association" 'condemning israel' 😂 😂 😂 like bro shouldn't you be out shilling for the ALP and supporting mass immigration to the detriment of your members like you usually do 💀💀💀 what tf the middle east go to do with any of your shit lmaoooooo
B0233C9C-2CE2-4689-A017-D7261E72C547.jpeg
They never said they condemn Israel, only the ‘rising conflict in the Middle East’???

Edit: I agree though that they should stay tf out of foreign affairs. They’ve got a nurse and midwife association to run (whatever that is), no time to worry about this shit that doesn’t affect them.

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
why are they doing that 🤔🤔🤔

what a waste of time, think of the opportunity cost they lost not shilling for more migration to drive down the wages of their constituent members having to write that post 💀💀💀

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
They never said they condemn Israel, only the ‘rising conflict in the Middle East’???

Edit: I agree though that they should stay tf out of foreign affairs. They’ve got a nurse and midwife association to run (whatever that is), no time to worry about this shit that doesn’t affect them.
i dont really give a shit but they signed this letter: https://www.2gb.com/in-solidarity-with-palestine-aussie-unions-back-palestine/

“In accordance with the union movement’s values of peace, justice and solidarity with working people, we are horrified by the current war between Israel and Hamas and the unspeakable bloodshed and violence it has caused. This tragedy is a direct result of Israel’s blockade and siege of Gaza, and of the apartheid and ethnic cleansing it maintains in the West Bank and within its own borders.”

So yeah, they're basically condemning israel

because netanyahu really gives a shit what some australian b**h named 'O'bray Smith' has to say about israel

Sam14113

HSC
All I wanna understand that it is stand with Ukraine when Russia invades but not stand with Palestine when Israel does?
Pretty much because people who support Ukraine but not Hamas (including myself) believe the situation is not analogous. If you perform some research, you will note that Putin openly declared his intentions and actions as an invasion of Ukraine before the world got on Ukraine's side - here, Hamas had entered Israel, murdered civilians and held Israelis captive before Netanyahu declared that this is war.

If you wish to use an analogy, the responsibility is on you to comprehensively outline why you believe the situations to be analogous, in spite of their significant differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)