• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What do you guys think of this? Should I trust? (2 Viewers)

HSC
Tell him to transfer the money to u first or give the money 2 u in person before u send the gaming rig. He may or may not be legitimate but y the fuck would u trust a random stranger?

And wrxsti, the only fee's on ebay are the 50 cents it costs to post and item up for sale. Seriously ebay is easy as to use. Remember like 2 yrs ago there was a segment on current affiars about a 7 year old kid who bought some convertable through ebay?

Last edited:

kwabon

Banned
HSC
hey guys, im selling my gaming rig for $1700 on craigslist.com , dont blame me, i dont know shit on ebay and all these fees i read about were crazy. Anyways a guy emailed me wanting to buy the rig. This is what he said in his email:

Potential Buyer: "is the item still up for sale"

Me: "YES, are you interested?"

Potential buyer:"Thanks for the swift response i will like to buy the item i saw on there and i will like to buy it for my son who is in a university in the oversea and i will like you to ship the items out immediately after i make the payment and i will want you to get back to me with your paypal email so i can make the payment asap and i will be responsible for the shipping cost okay just get back to me with the total amount and your paypal email okay i will be waiting to hear back from you soon Stay safe
Regards"

Me: "Where do you live? is there anyway i can meet you, and you can pay me CASH, i do not have paypal"

Potential Buyer: "Oh okay am not home now am in Adelaide in Australia i would have come to pick the item up but is very easy to sign up for one if you want though and verify it then attach to your bank information once you are through with that send me your paypal id email so i can make the payment asap

Me: "How do i know this is legitimate, give me your full address so that i may include postage cost on top of the $1700.

What made me straightway think a SCAM, was the fact that he mentioned sending the computer overseas (overseas scams very popular) and that he lives in adelaide, when i said clearly 'sydney location'.

So what do you guys think? please help me out, ive never used paypal before. Should i make a paypal account, wait to make sure i receive the money 100% and then send the item.

Please anyhelp.

sorry for the essay but im desperate.

mate, its quite obvious that its a scam, but if u think otherwise dont send until and unless u get the money, or noe his full details.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Insist he pay by paypal first, then send it by courier so you have a connote in the event of a paypal dispute, and charge him for the extra shipping expense.

Bainesy

HSC
just say this

"Hey, I'll be coming down to Adelaide in a couple days. My uncle died last night (oh its so tragic) and his funeral is in a few days in Adelaide. So while I am there I can sell you the computer face to face. Where about do you live?"

and then see what his response is. if he backs out of the deal then there ya go, it was a scam. if he goes along with it then maybe he is for real

either way just wait for payment before you send anything anywhere. you might also like to transfer the money out of paypal to you bank account before you send it aswell, just to be safe

i cant see how you will get scammed if you do that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)