What do you guys think? (1 Viewer)

madsam

God among men
HSC
Well, im thinking of getting a new car soon (and by soon i mean early-mid 2010) once i can get enough money in the bank and all. Basically, i want to get this car
Photo Gallery - carsales.com.au

Thats basically everything i want in it, manual, black, <100k kilometers done and under 15k, so what do you guys think? Love it, hate it, lets hear you

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, im thinking of getting a new car soon (and by soon i mean early-mid 2010) once i can get enough money in the bank and all. Basically, i want to get this car
Photo Gallery - carsales.com.au

Thats basically everything i want in it, manual, black, <100k kilometers done and under 15k, so what do you guys think? Love it, hate it, lets hear you
I'd be too scared of buying a used Alfa unless it came from a dealer with a good warranty. Even new Alfas have heaps of problems (alot of electrical issues) according to my mates who work at dealerships (some brand new 07/08 cars were selling at 40%-50% discount a couple months back when I was looking for a new car).

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
There's a reason it's much cheaper than an MX5 of the same vintage.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Seriously though you dont seem too bright, dont get a complicated car

get a corolla or something jesus

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I'd go for something more reliable like an RX-7.
and they aren't exactly reliable

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
lol if you're going to get an alfa it has to be a 147 gta
preferably with the autodelta big bore and supercharger conversion
300+ kw at the front wheels

torque steer for days

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
dont be a fag
get a hilux
i spend 6hrs last night trying to work out how to take the diff + suspension out and swap it on my 2
i cut down an entire tree to cut it up and make some wooden chocks cos i only had one jack
yeahh

chuboy

HSC
dont be a fag
get a hilux
i spend 6hrs last night trying to work out how to take the diff + suspension out and swap it on my 2
i cut down an entire tree to cut it up and make some wooden chocks cos i only had one jack
yeahh
ur fukin sik mateeee

Seriously though, you can buy much better cars for this kind of money. Why do you want this Alfa so much??

fayad158

Banned
HSC
I'd be too scared of buying a used Alfa unless it came from a dealer with a good warranty. Even new Alfas have heaps of problems (alot of electrical issues) according to my mates who work at dealerships (some brand new 07/08 cars were selling at 40%-50% discount a couple months back when I was looking for a new car).
my cousin had an alfa exactly like that one except it was red and was a 3.2. we were drving down the road and it just turned off. no spark no pulse we couldnt get it fixed we even took it back to Alfa Romeo and they couldn't fix it. He ended up selling it for $10 000

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd go for something more reliable like an RX-7.
and they aren't exactly reliable
An RX-7 in this price range is probably not that reliable.. wouldn' recommend it unless the OP wants to muck around in a rotary enginebay. Maybe a Celica or Supra would be better in terms of reliability.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
An RX-7 in this price range is probably not that reliable.. wouldn' recommend it unless the OP wants to muck around in a rotary enginebay. Maybe a Celica or Supra would be better in terms of reliability.
....dude

click edit post and reread it all

walkahz

HSC
Firstly black is a shit colour unless you like washing your car 2 times a week.
Secondly get something less gay
Thirdly euro cars (especially italian ones like alfa) will send you broke if something breaks.
So Dont be a gay idiot.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Really... wow you learn somthing new everyday. Fuck there are some idiots around
he wouldn't lose much when he went to sell it is what i was getting at
convertibles fetch a bit of a premium when it warms up

if it wasn't an alfa it'd be a great first car

astroe

HSC
Isn't servicing/insurance going to send you to the poorhouse?
With those criteria, there aren't many alternatives. :S
I'm indifferent about the car, it's alright.

madsam

God among men
HSC
lol, you realise that barely any of those cars have done less than 150 000 kms, right?

I already have an old nissan pintara, but its a piece of shit and i want something that looks good

I'd prefer to get a convertible, its not necessary, but i'd be willing to spend a bit more for one. Like i said, i dont really have more than 15k to spend, and i dont want anything thats done more than a 100 000km's, and i'd rather not get something generic like a commodore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)