What do you think about tutoring? (1 Viewer)

r0wlzi

Banned
I have heard this many times, particularly off young girls after we make sweet love. Its a common misinterpretation, we are both equal in looks and female followers and we both dont know who our father is.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
tutoring is beneficial if you suck ass at the subject or you want to be ahead of others....so pretty much the precocious population we're looking at

Auto Wah

A total waste of money if you're not into studying. Only get tutoring if you actually enjoy it after school. Well unless your parents are loaded there's no point if you're like a retard and you don't think you'll stick your nose in books.

But tutoring will save your life on the other hand. So if you're on the other hand, get tutoring.

(lol, i know this is a load of bullshit)

onigiri

HSC
tutoring is good because it helps you step ahead of a subject. so when you come to learn it at school, you understand it with more depth than the other ppl in ur class.

But you shouldn't expect that just becos you have a tutor you'll be going well in a particular subject right away. you gotta do the hard work as well!!

mojako

HSC
*girl04* said:
i dont believe in tutoring ( like i am personally not for it)
my parents always want me to get one as they are like " all the people that do good has tutors" but i find i work best when i just do my own thing. so thats me
i dont get tutoring and i do quite well...
the ppl with very high marks dont normally get tutoring.. some of them are inherently very smart but some get that coz they work hard (although not very stupid either).
and there are ppl who get tutoring but dont do well...
as ppl have said, the key is motivation and work.
good tutors can help you to have motivation and do work, but if u can do it yourself u dont need tutors.

many study resources are actually available.. like ur textbook or the notes in BOS, or those books specifically made to help u with the hsc.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Tutoring for a person could be good or bad...
I mean, it depends on how you use the tutor...
some who just replicates the tutors stuff in class is spoon fed, and therefore shouldn't use a tutor since that it is a waste of money...and they end up being a burden of society since that they can not think for themselves...

on the other hand, if you want a tutor for further understanding...then yeah, it's excellent for you, you could get an even better mark in the subs

mojako

HSC
hmm.. i sort of disagree with u....
there's nothing really wrong to replicate what the tutor says
as long as u understand it, i believe its ok to replicate :)

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Replicating means you haven't really understood anything...re-writting in your own words is good...

afta???

HSC
we use the same material in tutoring and at school but at different levels
i find replicating good coz the ext maths stuff is just too hard to understand in one go...

tutoring + bludge at school = shit i don't understand

no tutoring + listen at school + work hard = even worse

n itz good i guess coz u reinforce the information again at school

kpq_sniper017

SipSip said:
Replicating means you haven't really understood anything...re-writting in your own words is good...
i guess for maths (esp. ext 1), you have to look at the solutions (provided they're worled solutions) and try to understand how they came to that answer. at the same time, u could remember how they did it, but it's important u also understand each step. sometimes, memorising it helps you to write it in an exam, but understanding it is the next level up and is far more important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)