What do you think of the Biki? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Re: What do you think of the BOS wiki?

Did someone say spam?
Without wings, is Without Wings/Karen's other profile. As she is rather ditzy, she sometimes forgets to capitalise her name.
Karen likes talking in third person in her own user profiles but fails to mention that she doesn't have enough much to say because she spends alot of time stalking Xayma and tries to steal ideas off him for profile editing pages.

Karen constantly gossips behind others backs, particularly spreading vicious rumours involving watermelons. Karen is currently in love with a robot, whom she masquerades as a human. The constant crashes due to the Microsoft operating system mean many see through this guise.

Although many have asked her if it is ethical to date a robot or whether dating a robot means she is actually dating, she normally just activates the kill function on her robot boyfriend and buries the bodies out back somewhere.

Karen has failed to thus far tell her robot boyfriend that she is in love with Xayma, which would surely send his robotic circuits mad. Karen however fails to note that she is not Xayma's type, the only thing that has thus far saved him from her robot boyfriend (also happening to be named John Doe because Karen was uncreative).

THIS JUST IN: Karen's robot boyfriend has ran off with a man.
THIS JUST IN: Karen's a fucking hypocrite.

EDIT: You're just jealous cause I'm funnier than you.

Last edited:
HSC

But you werent the only one who added crap there.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
its shit and stupid, its quite narrow minded that the average arsehole like me can go on it and fuck everything up of it by adding false information that cant be undetectable. even tho i dont like 06ers personality its still a shit idea

lala2

Banned
HSC
I think that's the risk the mods have to take. Hopefully the majority of people on BOS are helpful people who have something to contribute, or, if not, would have sense enough to let others do the job. Then again, assholes are here in the world to make life just that much more interesting.

nwatts

HSC
aaaman said:
its shit and stupid, its quite narrow minded that the average arsehole like me can go on it and fuck everything up of it by adding false information that cant be undetectable. even tho i dont like 06ers personality its still a shit idea
Most of the people who look after the Biki know their shit in specific areas. If someone puts crap in English/History related pages, I'll remove it and ban them. Similar thing would happen with others who are regulars to the site and cater for a specific area.

Plus, it's extremely easy to revert changes.

malkin86

HSC

Quintin said:
in terms of putting names - where exactly is this thing to give credit? i am probably just blind, i admit that, but i just can not find it... I also am having trouble finding out how to make subpages, because my thing does not entirely fir under that heading you provided. i would rather it under the subheading that i made.

ummm links...? i got all my info from the tireless reading of books. Although i extensively searched the web i found very little (if anything) of use. This is because HSC history is not really about what happened, rather it is what historians think of it.

and to the best of my knowledge it is factual. I mean all it really is is a collection of facts in point form for easy study reference by an hsc student (i made it to be like syllabus dot points with content). Also to be unbiased would be difficult (to an extent) i mean approaching Stalin's massacres with a neutral point of view would be like doing an even handed evaluation of Hitler's extermination of the Jews. But i have tried my best to just focus on the events rather than provide commentry on them. I have left that for the historians (see quotes).

Also if i can suggest one thing? can you make the editing panel a little more user friendly with more options in it? It is unfairly time-consuming trying to richly (format) edit 7 or 8 pages. I wish you could upload a document to the page and it would keep the documents formatting. (can you do that if you saved the doc in HTML? and copy pasted it?)

Lastly i can see what you mean about making it understandable to the general reader. Would you prefer that i replace all the B's... or just to a glossary of terms and abrevs?
To see where your work is credited, click the 'history' tab at the top of the page - you can see every edit that was made to an article. if you compare two versions of the page, you can see exactly what that person edited.

If you can remember what book you read, you could try citing it - although that could be difficult if you can't remember which book you read it in, or have returned the book to your school.

With subjective subjects (try saying that 10x fast... ;) ) like English and History, a lot of the facts are, as you said, POV on the part of the historians/scholars. The way I would add that in, whilst maintaining the *article's* NPOV, I think, is by saying "So-and-so thinks this... but Madame X disagrees, saying blah..." - so then the article itself isn't taking sides, but the people quoted are.

Master Gopher

HSC

Well, I think the Biki is a great idea. Even if people screw with it, yes, it is easy to revert, and also the number of people who want a useful service usually outweigh the spammers. So overall, the wiki will end up mostly usable.

As a general rule spamming can be found easily anyway; spammers don't both making long but inaccurate articles. People only write proper articles because they care. This is why Wikipedia works so well, despite the odd screw-up.

Dragie

HSC

minushuman said:
I don't care for it, I hated the whole idea from day 1.
Why did you hate the idea of Biki??

aaaman

Banned
HSC

Dragie said:
Why did you hate the idea of Biki??

simply us 05ers should waste our prescious times over a grade we know will fail in life

HSC

The idea's great, but there's been a lot of great stuff written in the forums that can be collated and added into the biki - so that it's much easier for the user to search for.

Especially the info bits in these forums written about the UAI and all - can someone please add them into Biki? :D

I've been contributing to UTS bits. Maybe to other subjects I did but in 05 but we'll see.

B35tY

HSC

Just found the Biki, it's a great idea.

Shame it's not all filled in... But that'll come with time.

Hopefully when i finish this year i'll be able to help out.

robo-andie

HSC
Are course notes welcomed on Biki?
I was reading through the Business Studies article and was considering adding all my course notes under each topic (well 4 of the 5). Would that stuff be better off in the resources section of the main BOS site?

robo-andie

HSC
Without Wings said:
The Biki is a collaborative summary/set of notes. So feel free to edit the current notes there to add anything you feel is necesary that is not there.

If you just wish to just submit your set of notes as is then they would be best submitted to the resources page here.
Thanks.
When I have the time I'll see if I can refine my notes into something the general viewing audience could understand. :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Also to add onto what karen said, don't feel restricted to just adding onto the partly filled articles - if anyone wants to make an entirely new article for an appropriate category which has nothing as of yet then they are more than welcome.:)

HSC
N/A

brogan77 said:
The user profiles, available under "Team" are really, really, lamentably gay.
A couple of mods are trying to change this as we speak ;)

Ah, exam study procrastination...

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
I think the biki is a great idea, because it organises resources in a much better way. Quite a few people have done a great job in collaborating information

But at the moment, it's looking pretty bare and it's much easier still to just do a quick search on the forums or go to the resources page if you need help with something. Also, I think it needs to have clearer links to get to it, so that people can start seeing it as a viable alternative to the resource page.

Good work everyone - it's certainly a promising start

toeknee

HSC
i clicked on the link to that history page and all i can say is that it is very abstract. its basically just jotted notes from your book.
then i went to the chemistry page to see if i could find any useful resources for chemistry and realised that in all the time the biki's been up the chemistry core modules haven't even been completed yet. no diagrams. no equations. no 'helpful hints'/ strategies. not even all the syllabus dot points are addressed. then when i went to make an account so i could put it into the discussion i realised the link wouldn't even work you could only log in. perhaps memebership is exclusive to the academic elite and high school alumni. either way i have to say bki is a long way from being a useful resource. however, kudos for bringing this project under construction when it does finish itll be a lot better then just downloading an individuals notes.
and thats my two cents. im tony burgundy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)