What do your teachers think of us??? (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
same here our english teacher recommends sites like this

rhapsody_75

yea english in particular. most of our teachers seem to like it and suggest this site, although most of the girls in my grade dont seem to hear/care --?!

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hmm, this substitute teacher told me to not take this site too seriously coz it's ran by a bunch of kids. ;)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Toodulu
hmm, this substitute teacher told me to not take this site too seriously coz it's ran by a bunch of kids. ;)
heh
however, run by kids that are much more intelligent than the substitute teacher

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, you can take the site seriously, if you want ... We're not really gaining from helpin' you people, you know?!

Btw, a random fact ... the average ... UAI for last year ... in this forum was (well) over 90!

I wonder what the substitute teacher managed ... And the people who run the site, or at least the forum ... well, had much higher results (on average)!

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
awww... u guys are making a way too big a deal out of the substitute thing. he was really nice. not the best teacher i'll admit though...

i guess it was coz he was a uni prof and wasn't really familiar with the hsc syllabus and stuff.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
That, my friend, is what you call an 'ad hominem' - evaluating the worth of something based on subjective and personal considerations instead of appealing to objective logic and reason.

Of course, his line of reasoning makes complete sense. The notes we host on this site (which weren't written by us) are clearly not nearly as good as they would be if they were hosted by 'adults'. :rolleyes:

Rahul

Dead Member
notes arent the only thing....these forums can be really helpful!

i like the fact everyone picked up the fact that it was a substitute teacher:p

lol yeah...but seriously this site is helpful...not only in work related stuff...but to be able to talk to ppl going through the same thing....my chem teacher gets this funny look when we talk about the site

fatmuscle

HSC
fear leads to anger
anger leads to hate
hate leads to death

i sense much fear in you

Jait

HSC
N/A
To put things simply:

Teachers would like the idea of students sharing resources and ideas. This includes sharing assessment tasks and examp papers.

Teachers do not like the idea of students taking someones work from this site and submiting it as their own for assessment.

This site means more work for teachers in that they need to check one more place to see if work has been plagiarised. It is balance by the fact that if they are smart they can use the resources just the same as the students - I will assume that they would give due credit tho :)

fatmuscle

HSC
so is that what the teacher thinks?
or what yuo think the teacher is thinking?

s2ophie

HSC
As far as i kno not many of my teachers know of this site. However a friend did mention it to one teacher. I don't think there is many ppl from my school here. I think they are too busy pretending to be cool!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)