What does it take to get an atar of 70? (1 Viewer)

coralie1994

HSC
Sorry, this is a very ambiguous and vague question as the expectations and standards may vary from subject to subject and what not... but basically, is it HARD to achieve an atar of 70? Because after completing my exams... im really starting to underestimate my abilities of achieving an atar of 70 at the minimum.
Would it be sufficient to get band 4s all around in order to achieve an atar of 70?

Just in case... my subjects are eng standard, gen math, french continuers, SOR1, community and family studies & pdh.

Thanks guys! and hopefully you kinda get what I'm trying to say lol

Last edited:

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
i dont think it is really that hard to achieve 70atar unless you are coming dead last in your subjects or are failing or you left your exam paper blank lol
I had a friend who when to a public highschool and did no study for the HSC exams (literally no study, was playing computer games with him 5 hrs a day :() and managed to get 82 atar and he was semi-avg in school (no subjects was he ranked top 10)
If you put some effort in, you'll get 70
Also depends on how well people do in your school as well so.......

timinator1993

HSC
Effort basically, even if you dont study, just read over some notes, band 4's would easily get you 70 btw :)

coralie1994

HSC
Well my ranks are pretty alright.. they're not AMAZINGGG lol but lets just say I'm basically above average for most of them ... with the exception of sor1 (lost of interest lol)... but honestly, I havn't been putting in much effort for the hsc exams... I know its entirelymy fault, but I'm still hoping to achieve an atar of 70.... I was originally aiming for 80 but stuff that.. doubt i'll be getting that :( school rank is between 180-200 :/

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Few b4s ands maybe even a b3 will get you over 70.

timinator1993

HSC
You should be fine then, if your at least ranked half in all your subjects and do average in the externals, 70 should be doable :)

coralie1994

HSC
Few b4s ands maybe even a b3 will get you over 70.
wow really? my teacher actually said that if ever a student achieve all band 4s, they be receive an atar of 50 (which I find ridiculous btw)

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh mid range ranks at a decent ranked school should be enough to get 70ish.

This is super vague to go off but I think that's all you're after.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Well my ranks are pretty alright.. they're not AMAZINGGG lol but lets just say I'm basically above average for most of them ... with the exception of sor1 (lost of interest lol)... but honestly, I havn't been putting in much effort for the hsc exams... I know its entirelymy fault, but I'm still hoping to achieve an atar of 70.... I was originally aiming for 80 but stuff that.. doubt i'll be getting that :( school rank is between 180-200 :/
I managed to get 83 whilst having school rank of below 500, and coming around top/high end for all my subject rankings. It's definitely possible. But then again, I had some 'better' scaling subjects, so idk.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
wow really? my teacher actually said that if ever a student achieve all band 4s, they be receive an atar of 50 (which I find ridiculous btw)
To get 50s, you'd be looking at mostly all b2s and perhaps 1 or 2 b3.

coralie1994

HSC
I managed to get 83 whilst having school rank of below 500, and coming around top/high end for all my subject rankings. It's definitely possible. But then again, I had some 'better' scaling subjects, so idk.
Ahhh you're giving me hope! Last exam tmr, and I'm totally motivated to continue my study now! :D... although I am a tad concern with my subject selection but whatever, cant do anything about that :/

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ahhh you're giving me hope! Last exam tmr, and I'm totally motivated to continue my study now! :D... although I am a tad concern with my subject selection but whatever, cant do anything about that :/
Haha, I'm glad I'm giving you hope! :). Keep going, do as best as you can. Don't worry so much about scaling and whatnot, do the best you can and you'll have nothing to worry about.

smartalec

HSC
trust me. you won't get 70.
if you manage to get/stay above average in everything, you'll get around 76-81.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
LOL that first line would have scared the shit out of her!

coralie1994

HSC
haha yeah that first line scared the hell out of me LOL but anyways thanks for the help and stuff guys :)

Kelsey2

HSC
What would a

One - B1
One - b2
one - b3
three -high b4s

get you, Not the best scaling subjects.
( 12 units)

Kelsey2

HSC
Ah the B1 is English so that would have to count.

E

Effekt

Wow seems like I have been over estimating how hard a 70 is (which is my goal since I've done shit all study this year)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)