What does Tyrell think of the blade runners? does he support them? (1 Viewer)

fatassmcfat

HSC
Something im confused about is are the blade runners sort of an enemy to Tyrell? Why would he show Rachel to Deckard (i think that weirdo guy with glasses was Tyrell right) when Deckard might kill her and she is one of his 'prized'/advanced type of Replicant.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
blade runners work for tyrell - it shows the dominance of capital organisations over the government
and he showed rachel to deckard to test his detective skills

QZP

HSC
I don't remember the film well but I think Deckard was only assigned to kill the escaped replicants. He also says to Rachael that replicants are a benefit or a hazard - and if hazard then a problem. So Deckard was sent to Tyrell Corporation not to kill nexus 6 replicants but test technology on one so that they can catch the escaped ones(?) Also Tyrell treats his replicants as "mere experiments" or objects of commodity.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I don't remember the film well but I think Deckard was only assigned to kill the escaped replicants. He also says to Rachael that replicants are a benefit or a hazard - and if hazard then a problem. So Deckard was sent to Tyrell Corporation not to kill nexus 6 replicants but test technology on one so that they can catch the escaped ones(?) Also Tyrell treats his replicants as "mere experiments" or objects of commodity.
No he was appointed to kill Nexus 6 replicants as they went AWOL and came to Earth when they were left for slavery on an abandoned mine planet.

Rachel was a replicant appointed as a personal assistant for Tyrell. She tries to tell Deckard that she really is human, but then Deckard tells her off as a replicant where she runs off. She then runs away from Tyrell corporation, and after Deckard kills Zhora (the snake bouncer) he gets a message about killing Rachel for running away from Tyrell corp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you need to understand one thing, and that is, blade runners are not enemies of Tyrell, Tyrell employs blade runners to specifically track down those replicants who have caused trouble, i.e. the nexus 6 replicants who have murdered individuals on the space colonies to go back to Earth to find Tyrell and ask him to extend their programmed life span. Hence, when Tyrell introduce Rachel to Deckard, it is to highlight how fast technology has advanced(it takes quite long for the eye machine to detect Rachel's true identity-i.e. her non-human origins) and the great extent to which Tyrell takes pride in his creations.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I think you need to understand one thing, and that is, blade runners are not enemies of Tyrell, Tyrell employs blade runners to specifically track down those replicants who have caused trouble, i.e. the nexus 6 replicants who have murdered individuals on the space colonies to go back to Earth to find Tyrell and ask him to extend their programmed life span. Hence, when Tyrell introduce Rachel to Deckard, it is to highlight how fast technology has advanced(it takes quite long for the eye machine to detect Rachel's true identity-i.e. her non-human origins) and the great extent to which Tyrell takes pride in his creations.
This also explains the reason why Deckard was appointed to kill the Nexus 6 replicants (because they betrayed Tyrell Corp.).

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Something im confused about is are the blade runners sort of an enemy to Tyrell? Why would he show Rachel to Deckard (i think that weirdo guy with glasses was Tyrell right) when Deckard might kill her and she is one of his 'prized'/advanced type of Replicant.
See the maker scene. Where Roy and Tyrell meet as well as Rachel and deckard meet. It will give you good idea, i think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)