What happens if you get a non serious attempt for creative writing? (1 Viewer)

7kerrs

HSC
my creative writing piece may be considered as a non serious attempt and i was wondering if it is a non serious attempt do i get 0 for section 2, or do i get 0 for english which would mean i dont get my hsc?

Zeroes

HSC
What did you write that makes you think you'll get a non-serious attempt?

Lord Iron-Balls

HSC
N/A
0 for section 2. But what did you write? As long as you wrote something related to a story, you won't get a non-serious

7kerrs

HSC
about this guy how is teased by everyone but his mum (so he is sort of weird, like he makes up friends to his mum) but his mum died a few years ago and he now lives in her house. he is also in love with this girl (sarah). and i end the story with him unlocking the basement door and say "Sarah i'm home"

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Why would that be a non-serious attempt? I was reading an article from a senior marker who said that the BOS get plenty of stories about depression, rape, murder, etc. They're almost universally frowned upon and don't receive very good marks, but they're still attempts.

7kerrs

HSC
im not worried about the depression part, it was more about the implied 'rape' part

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
Straight from the horse's mouth:

Students should avoid certain topics as only truly gifted writers can explore them with the sensitivity and control they deserve; death...suicide...illness...rape...abuse...stolen generation. Too many students latch on to these issues in a very inappropriate, lazy, clumsy fashion. These students are penalised for their lack of originality.
So you're not certainly alone. The senior marker's notes also say that 'Good writers can break all the rules'.

7kerrs

HSC
can u link me that article please?

so i should just get low marks and not actually a NSA?

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
well, your not going to get disqualified, after all a non serious attempt is pretty much either like, you didn't try to attempt any effort to do the question, or your story was just a troll, aimed to screw up and waste the time of the reader, as for the story you wrote, it is very very common, and yes is frowned upon, you probably won't get a 0 but mate, why do a generic one? you'll probably get low marks but hopefully you won't get a 0

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's got a few cliche elements, but the ending sounds alright. Certainly better than some of the other stories that get written by students. It certainly won't be given a 'non-serious attempt' grading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)