What have you eaten today? (4 Viewers)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
cmon matey bmi is silly.
if i get to 75kg like i want to, i'll apparently be "overweight" all of a sudden.
lol how silly.
obviously bmi doesnt account for being muscular. However, I'm certainyl not muscular and I simply meant that, relative to my height, I weigh less than I probably have since I was a little kid

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
green juice
burgen wholemeal toast with 1/4 avocado and a boiled egg
salmon, broccoli, asparagus, pumpkin for lunch

muhahahahahaha

HSC
I had some tropical fruit juice.
Sesame Snaps
And I had some noodles for lunch.

I dont know what dinner is going to be.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I woke up with the most painful leg cramps in my life last night

so today I've eaten like a kilo or two of watermelon

its supposed to stop cramps i think

also of course half a dozen eggs and a coffee

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Sylvester you follow the atkins diet right?

Do you ever feel fatigued?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Sylvester you follow the atkins diet right?

Do you ever feel fatigued?
on the contrary

I get tired really easily and stuff, like a lot more than most people

but since I started eating low-carb I feel a lot better and more energetic

When you eat fat and dont eat carbs, your body uses your body fat for fuel which means you tend to have far more stable energy levels and you can go a lot longer without eating and not get tired

however its no good if you play a lot of sports that running for an extended period of time because you kind of need carbs for that

I went in a 10km run without eating carbs, and i went alright but I was absolutely exhasuted for the next day or so

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
watermelon? i thought it was bananas for cramps (potassium)?
yeah idk i googled it

and it seemed to work last time I had bad cramps though I have no real way of knowing if it had anything to do with them stopping

mirakon

nigga
HSC
on the contrary

I get tired really easily and stuff, like a lot more than most people

but since I started eating low-carb I feel a lot better and more energetic

When you eat fat and dont eat carbs, your body uses your body fat for fuel which means you tend to have far more stable energy levels and you can go a lot longer without eating and not get tired

however its no good if you play a lot of sports that running for an extended period of time because you kind of need carbs for that

I went in a 10km run without eating carbs, and i went alright but I was absolutely exhasuted for the next day or so
Ah ok, I was just curious because I heard that in the atkins diet you lose a fair bit of muscle glycogen so you feel particularly fatigued after exercise.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
yeah well our bodies were really only "designed" for walking long distances and the occasional short distance sprint, and our natural diet, which macronutirionally speaking was very similar to the atkins diet, was perfectly suited for this

long distance cardio is "unnatural", mainly because it would have been an enormous drain on energy, and so can't be done very often without fast-burning energy

mirakon

nigga
HSC
yeah well our bodies were really only "designed" for walking long distances and the occasional short distance sprint, and our natural diet, which macronutirionally speaking was very similar to the atkins diet, was perfectly suited for this

long distance cardio is "unnatural", mainly because it would have been an enormous drain on energy, and so can't be done very often without fast-burning energy
Thanks for the insight, sounds interesting

We did nutrition and diet in uni a few weeks back so I was just curious to hear from soneone on the atkins diet :)

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
a more accurate description for the diet our bodies are ~evolutionarily predisposed to~ is the paleo (or caveman) diet.

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
green juice
burgen wholemeal bread (1 piece, toasted) with 1/4 avocado and a boiled egg
tea
tea
salmon, broccoli, baked pumpkin, avocado
tea
tea
150g natural yogurt with blueberries
tea
150g basa fillet with baked pumpkin, broccoli, asparagus
tea
1tsp natural peanut butter
will have a glass of hot milk before bed ~woo~

vitamins: iron, fish oil, chromium (to help with sugar cravings I've been getting lately brrt)

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
there isn't much research, but chromium is meant to regulate blood sugar, maintain healthy blood sugar levels and reduce cravings for sugar

i don't care if it's placebo effect or not, but when i take it i can definitely tell a difference.

edit: also cinnamon is meant to be good for blood sugar levels so i usually put that in me tea(english b'fast)/yogurt

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
google says sources of chromium include meat, cheese, eggs and spinach (and some others)

which is literally almost my entire diet lol

my sugar cravings are way, way down on what they used to be, so maybe theres some truth to it (probably not)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Biological role

Chromium has no verified biological role and has been classified as not essential for mammals.[46] (Cr(III) or Cr3+) occurs in trace amounts and appears to be benign.[47] Chromium deficiency is controversial or is at least extremely rare. It has been attributed to only three people on parenteral nutrition, which is when a patient is fed a liquid diet through intravenous drips.[48] In contrast, hexavalent chromium (Cr(VI) or Cr6+) is very toxic and mutagenic when inhaled. Cr(VI) has not been established as a carcinogen when in solution, although it may cause allergic contact dermatitis (ACD).[49] Although no biological role for chromium has ever been demonstrated, dietary supplements for chromium include chromium(III) picolinate, chromium(III) polynicotinate, and related materials. The benefit of those supplements is questioned by some studies.[50]

The use of chromium-containing dietary supplements is controversial owing to the absence of any verified biological role, the expense of these supplements, and the complex effects of their use.[51] The popular dietary supplement chromium picolinate complex generates chromosome damage in hamster cells (due to the picolinate ligand).[52] In the United States the dietary guidelines for daily chromium uptake were lowered from 50–200 µg for an adult to 35 µg (adult male) and to 25 µg (adult female).[53]

~wikipedia~

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
that is good to know

green juice
burgen wholemeal bread with 1/4 avocado and a boiled egg
fennel tea

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
that is good to know

green juice
burgen wholemeal bread with 1/4 avocado and a boiled egg
fennel tea
russian caravan tea
grapefruit
15 almonds
150g fat free natural yogurt with cinnamon and frozen blueberries
150g basa fillet marinated in lemon and cracked pepper with sauteed onions, asparagus, baked pumpkin and broccoli
gon' have some hot milk before bed and some more tea

halapenyo

HSC
a banana
bowl of cereal
rice w/ malaysian chicken curry and vegies
wholegrain chicken wrap with lettuce, chilli sauce, mayo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)