What HSC Subjects Are You Guys Doing? (1 Viewer)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Oh my god guys I just had a panic attack (of sorts) please help.

k so you know how the end of last term you would have been given a sheet about your subject selection for Year 12? And how you probably had to get signatures for whatever subject you wanted to pick up, and hand it back by whatever date? Well I didn't go to school on the last week so I haven't got my signature that says I'm allowed to pick up English Extension 2 and I obviously haven't handed the form back in to my subjects co-ordinator.

Am I still going to be able to pick it up? :/

cs01001

HSC
Jachie said:

k so you know how the end of last term you would have been given a sheet about your subject selection for Year 12? And how you probably had to get signatures for whatever subject you wanted to pick up, and hand it back by whatever date? Well I didn't go to school on the last week so I haven't got my signature that says I'm allowed to pick up English Extension 2 and I obviously haven't handed the form back in to my subjects co-ordinator.

Don't stress, the due date for my form was the last day of Term 3. I still haven't got a form, let alone get it signed and returned. Just remember the first thing back in Term 4 is to get it done.

Its only risky if you intend to pick up some less popular subjects where they decide if a class is going to run based on the number forms received.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Jachie said:

Thats the same with me, but i seem pretty calm about it :)

I'll just get the signatures next term. EE2 isn't like other subjects in that it doesn't have classes in the traditional sense, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Jachie

HSC
oh orsum, that is quite the relief. Cheers boys.

Zephyrio

HSC
I've decided to drop 4U maths and do 3U, just so I can steamroll 2U :D

(plus I don't think I want to be too stressed out about maths anyway.)

So 4U English, 3 History, 3 maths and chem :D

@ Jachie, relax, but get your forms done quick since by any grotesque manoevre of fate (lulz) EE2 may clash with something you actually want to do (your other subjects).

Jachie

HSC
No, there's no way in hell EE2 will clash with any of my subjects. My school would have to be a bunch of morons to put EE2 on the same line as any of the subjects I do.

Zephyrio

HSC
Let's hope not.

At my school, they were trying desperately to get my friend to drop a subject so that English Ext 2 could be on a mainstream line instead of being after school.

nandayo

ismist
HSC
English Advanced
English Extension 1
English Extension 2
Mathematics
Economics
Chemistry
(HSC Jap - Finish this year)

Possibly Jap Ext through open high, or just rest on ten units + this years Jap.

phibea

HSC
Definitely:
Eng Adv
Math 3U
Business Stud.
Chem
French cont.

Contemplating keeping:
Ancient

Contemplating picking up:
Ext2 Maths
Ext1 French

oOo... i really wonder what i'll do but for the moment, i can't be bothered thinking about it too much. I don't know when my school wants us to decide by though.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Stupidly enough, my school wanted us to get our forms in by the second last week of school last term, during our exam time, without giving us any results back. Even with our decisions in so early, we would probably be 4 weeks into the term before we could drop our subjects anyway.

Ah what an annoying school ..

Dropping either engineering or physics. Should I choose the one with the better rank or the one with the higher scaling? They're both relatively the same to me ..

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
Jachie said:
I know my friend is starting off with 13 units so she can see how she likes EE2/History Extension. She doesn't plan on keeping the thirteen thoughout the year, just for the first couple of weeks. Maybe it's the same for others.
same as me
i just want to c wat suits me best!

rishika

HSC
economics
3u maths
SOR
legal
adv eng
accountinn
mite do 4u maths
= 13/14unitz

i can finish accountin in the holidayz at tafe so that'll leaave onli 11/12 units and i mite drop eco or legal as well
do u think doin all 14 unitz would b 2 mucch??

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Charity F said:
what did you study in religion? like, which religions... etcetc

just interested =)

Um Christianity, Judaism and Aboriginal Spirituality. I only did it in Year 11 because I needed an extra unit, since I'm doing Maths Ext.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Black Hawker said:
Out of curiousity, does Queensland do the HSC too?

I live in Queensland, but go to school in NSW because I live on the border. And yes, Qld does OP.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Probably Mathematics Extension 2, English Advanced, Chemistry and Physics.
Depends on how well/badly I do in Legal Studies this year.

HSC
gcchick said:
I live in Queensland, but go to school in NSW because I live on the border. And yes, Qld does OP.
OMG, THATS SO COOL. you can full do that a walk to remember thing (where jamie goes to the border and is in two places at once).

Serzly, you should do that. =|

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Aerath said:
Probably Mathematics Extension 2, English Advanced, Chemistry and Physics.
Depends on how well/badly I do in Legal Studies this year.
Same as yours ;) Depends if I can pick up Mathematics Extension 2.

5233andy

HSC
English ADV
Eng Ext 1
Mathematics
Studies of Religion
Chemistry
Physics
Biology

dpospination

HSC
gcchick said:
thats very interesting, how close do u live to the border? like, is it 10 mins walk away? interesting to cross the border evryday :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)