What if i don't get the UAI 4 law? (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
always "think" to urself that the uai will rise year by year.....that way snot, u'll be able to secure a place in 2005 guarentted, coz u'll be working much harder if u think like that!
so...y dont u aim for like a 95.00.....lol?

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
forget 95!!!! go for 100.

I haven't read the whole thread....but if it's UAI you're worried about, you still have some way to go. Can you get into a law course on pre reccomendation by your school (i forget the name for this er, sort of request)

suiyi_z

u could get in as a full fee paying student...u have to pay something like $1600 a year but the uai cut offs are alittle lower. i have a friend who got 98 and got full fee into USYD. even those cut offs have got up though. from about 95-98.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
lol wayyyy more than 1.6k a year/B]
:( I want to pay less then HECS and still have a lower cutoff UAI.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
haha wishful thinking

MouNtY

wow all this stuff is fully makin' me reconsider a career in law. lol i should just be a cleaner you dont even have to have an education i dont thnk. hmmmmm..........

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by suiyi_z
u could get in as a full fee paying student...u have to pay something like $1600 a year but the uai cut offs are alittle lower. i have a friend who got 98 and got full fee into USYD. even those cut offs have got up though. from about 95-98.
u forgot to add another zero at the end of $1600

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by suiyi_z

if your talking about cec, she got 98.9, not just 98, though the cut off is around 98.2

santaslayer

HSC
LoLz @ thread revival. :p

My yr 12 tutor had a student who got a 73 UAI. She did Accounting @ TAFE for 2 years and then transfered to UWS Law school. She is a senior associate of a small-medium sized Law firm located in Hurstville. :)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
You can also do law though the Legal Practitioners Admissions Board (or something like that). You only need a UAI of 66 and some reasonably level of proficency in English.

I think you end up with a Diploma of Law or something.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
LoLz @ thread revival. :p

My yr 12 tutor had a student who got a 73 UAI. She did Accounting @ TAFE for 2 years and then transfered to UWS Law school. She is a senior associate of a small-medium sized Law firm located in Hurstville. :)
lmao! :rofl: thats the spirit! never give up...

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
You can also do law though the Legal Practitioners Admissions Board (or something like that). You only need a UAI of 66 and some reasonably level of proficency in English.

I think you end up with a Diploma of Law or something.
The LPAB certify you as a registered legal practicioner just like if you were to complete a uni degree. AdamJ, a forum member is currently doing it. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)