What if i don't get the UAI 4 law? (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by JamiL
not 95 u want law 2 get in straght look at 100. sydney 2 get in2 law 2year ago it was 99.60... 95 wont do 4 nsw or syd, but mac uni is alright 2
There are numerous unis that offer Law below 95.00...you can always look minto them as well. :)

santaslayer

HSC
What? I'm simply trying to offer alternatives. What's more, I didn't list any places that offers it under 95.00. (Mainly because I do not know the cutoffs at this stage yet) :p

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
You know you should've worked harder santa :p

Giant Lobster

HSC
i dont think hard work can get a 91 to a 99.6
no offense
the gap's huge.
But i guess if you're a diehard Law guy, chuck a santaslayer and do Law no matter what...

Suvat, ud say that cos ur happily in usyd law now :p

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Who would want to do law anyway?
:rolleyes:

*wondering why cutoff for law is so high*

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Suvat
You know you should've worked harder santa :p
Actually, you're correct. My internal marks were approx. 5 marks higher than my actual HSC in all of the subjects which counted towards my UAI. I just got really lazy in the end and couldn't handle it anymore, so I just rocked up to my exams without being prepared at all. I couldn't rely on all nighters because that's not how I operate, I tend to stuff up more like that. :p

But what was the above comment really suggesting my dear Suvat? :p :p

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
i dont think hard work can get a 91 to a 99.6
no offense
the gap's huge.
But i guess if you're a diehard Law guy, chuck a santaslayer and do Law no matter what...

Suvat, ud say that cos ur happily in usyd law now :p
'Huge' is an understatement, it is immense IMO. LoLz :p

I don't usually take offence, you can bag me out all you like and I'll still take it. (As long as it is correct :p)

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Estel
Who would want to do law anyway?
:rolleyes:

*wondering why cutoff for law is so high*
Well it isn't high at all, considering what UAI you are going to get.
*looks down at Estel's siggy* :p

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
But what was the above comment really suggesting my dear Suvat? :p :p
Not suggesting anything other than what's written...*looks away* :D

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by Suvat
Not suggesting anything other than what's written...*looks away* :D
5-6 years from now, we will see who is the more successful person. Someone from USYD, or someone from UoW. :p :uhhuh:

*Takes out his rocket launcher* :p

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by rumour
How can you do this???
Internal transfers only require your university marks. Apparently, 2005 people trying to transfer internally will require an application through UAC which is what external transfers require currently.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Resorting to violence...
*shakes head*

Is that what they teach at UoW law? :rolleyes:

rumour

HSC
Internal transfers only require your university marks. Apparently, 2005 people trying to transfer internally will require an application through UAC which is what external transfers require currently.
So next year, would it be better to do law at a different uni, then transfer?
OR
do another course at the same uni, then transfer?

santaslayer

HSC
So next year, would it be better to do law at a different uni, then transfer?
OR
do another course at the same uni, then transfer?
If you are dying to do Law and are impatient, than I would choose Law at a different Uni and than try to transfer, but keep in mind that transferring externally is extremely competitive.
Internal transfers will only require your university marks, so if you are willinging to put the effort in and are able to get the uni marks, than I would go for the internal transfer. (which will not take into account your UAI).
But there is always the option of graduate Law, where you will need to get outstanding results in your undergraduate degree. Usually, honours students and people who have completed their Phd usually get admitted.
Then there is always the option of getting admittence through the Legal admission Practicioners Board whereby you will have to do a course with the authoritive body. A minimum of 66.00 UAI is required. AdamJ currently does this course.
At the end of the day, it all comes down to how and when you wold like to do law. There is never an easy option, or 'backdoor' to Law. All paths to Law will require copious amounts of work. :)

rumour

HSC
If you are dying to do Law and are impatient, than I would choose Law at a different Uni and than try to transfer, but keep in mind that transferring externally is extremely competitive.
I think i will not get a UAI go enough to do this!!
But what if i actually transfer internally, then find that i don't like law?? Can you transfer twice??
Also what about job opportunities? I heard that there is an over supply of lawyers, and it is very hard to find a job!
Is this true?
As i don't really trust the source!!!!

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet as there's a hell of a lot of pages to read, but have you considered Principal's recommendation? I can't remember what universities do it...all "rural" ones do, including Newcastle, basically, your principal writes out that he thinks you're a top student who would really deserve to be in the course - and they send it in with your half yearly + trial marks, so even if you bum out in the HSC, you're still extremely likely to get in. A girl in my school who got a really low HSC mark but had a fab chemistry trial mark got into pharmacy like that, and i'm counting on it if I bum out also...

santaslayer

HSC
I think i will not get a UAI go enough to do this!!
But what if i actually transfer internally, then find that i don't like law?? Can you transfer twice??
Also what about job opportunities? I heard that there is an over supply of lawyers, and it is very hard to find a job!
Is this true?
As i don't really trust the source!!!!
1) Yes, you can drop Law and retain the other part of your degree.

2) Getting a degree in Law dosen't mean you are going to be a Lawyer. Law is treated as a generalist degree nowdays and opens a wide variety of other job opportunities in all industries so you won't have to be concerned about finding a job if you are 'open'.
Eg. Ernst & Young (second largest accounting firm in Australia) recruit people with both an accounting and Law background in their Tax & Law division because they require people who have a Law background to interpret tax legislation. Once they have understood the piece of law, they will apply it with their accounting background. :)

3) What source don't you trust? :confused:

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by yulia
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet as there's a hell of a lot of pages to read, but have you considered Principal's recommendation? I can't remember what universities do it...all "rural" ones do, including Newcastle, basically, your principal writes out that he thinks you're a top student who would really deserve to be in the course - and they send it in with your half yearly + trial marks, so even if you bum out in the HSC, you're still extremely likely to get in. A girl in my school who got a really low HSC mark but had a fab chemistry trial mark got into pharmacy like that, and i'm counting on it if I bum out also...
1) Not all degrees will look at the principle's recommendation. Only certain courses at certain universities will use it. I don't think law is one of them though, unless someone has had the fortunate opportunity to have experienced it. :)

2) Really? I never knew an elite course like Pharmacy would consider chemistry marks when there are a large supply of more 'competent' applicants for the course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)