What is HSC Chemistry like? (1 Viewer)

ziz_022

HSC
Basically I do Chemistry as I really enjoy it and need it for my future career. I'm currently doing all 6 subjects as I'm kinda scared whether I should continue doing chemistry or not? Most people are telling me that yr 12 chemistry is actually easier than yr 11 chemistry. Is that entirely true? What do you suggest? I also have a very smart and competitive cohort so I'm a little scared that my rank might drop. Can you also recommend any good chemistry tutors and really good websites and resources. Thanks!!

Time&moretime

HSC
Basically I do Chemistry as I really enjoy it and need it for my future career. I'm currently doing all 6 subjects as I'm kinda scared whether I should continue doing chemistry or not? Most people are telling me that yr 12 chemistry is actually easier than yr 11 chemistry. Is that entirely true? What do you suggest? I also have a very smart and competitive cohort so I'm a little scared that my rank might drop. Can you also recommend any good chemistry tutors and really good websites and resources. Thanks!!
HSC Chemistry is moving towards more ‘calculations’ questions. Rather similarly to a first year, first term Chemistry course at university.
There is a thread ‘HSC Chemistry Exam Solutions / Thoughts’ which you might wish to peruse. I found it helpful as the contributors like ‘jazz519’ and ‘Arrowshaft’ commented on some interesting points. If one enjoys Chemistry, then the subject will not pose as a problem but if one is indifferent to it, then it will be a problem because it is a subject that takes a fair bit of commitment. People sometimes make the mistake that if they have to take a Science strand subject, they sometimes choose Biology or Chemistry. Neither is easy. But I gathered from your post, you sincerely enjoy Chem so no worries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)