What is so good about being a virgin? (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
sometimes i feel sorry for people who think its going to "mean something" special and huge. i hate to be crude (no i dont) but its just penis in vagina and a little pain and if your lucky some pleasure for the first time.
i thought my first time was going to be special and it wasnt shit.

ariande

The Don
HSC
mmm i think its more of a hurdle to get over so that it can start being meaningful

i was lucky, my first time was amazing and the memories still mean a lot to me

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
beccaxx said:
aww this person is a legend. if i sed that every1 on bos would say it was cos i was a christian.
Because that obviously IS the case.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i wasnt even expecting my first time to be anything special.
i just did it and got it out of the way with and waited for the other times to become even more better.
which they did.

then my bf dumped me and a few months down the track, i got another guy, and the sex was even better with him.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
irnie said:
ok im not going to take either side here. my humble opinion is, that for a girl, sex means a whole lot more the first time because you are giving a part of yourself to the guy, something that you can't give anyone else. in a way, your first time is really special because you're offering something to the guy that you can't offer anyone else. like, you can always offer sex afterwards and it could be great, better than your first time or whatever but you can offer your virginity to someone only once.

one of my guy friends has said "it gets easier after the first time because it also means a lot less, its less emotionally baggaged".

and i guess that's why i think virginity is seen as a virtuous thing by some people. because those who hold on to it ... view it as something they can't give away twice. it gives you a permanent memory: your first time.

religious beliefs aside, i think that virginity is virtuous to those who hold it, because of the emotional baggage of the first time.
you sorta answered my Q.. altho atticus was closest. as soon as i find what he said, i'll post it.

i understand that a lot of people have the whole emotional baggage thing, but that really isnt a reason to hold virginity up as something pure and virtuous.

virtuous: Having or showing virtue, especially moral excellence.

why do we consider having virginity as such a moral thing? why would people thus classify sex as something immoral?

why oh why is it considered something SO special that we can "give" someone? why isn't a first kiss classified the same? why is such a physical thing classified as such a defining feature of us?

twiddla

Isn't it a pretty selfless act to save something that good for one person alone?

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
You seem to be quite annoyed about this whole viriginity thing. No one has really said anything virginity being symbolic of anything all that great so why are you so intent on getting answers? Moreover, no one has explicitly said that not being a virgin makes you dirty so why do you care so much about this? I mean everyone's got their own opinion. It's like asking "what's so good about getting 100 in every subject of first semester in your first year of uni?" There is no definite answer to that one. Some may say because your academic record hasn't been tarnished. Some may not even care about their results. The same goes for this "issue", its about personal preference.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Benny1103 said:
You seem to be quite annoyed about this whole viriginity thing. No one has really said anything virginity being symbolic of anything all that great so why are you so intent on getting answers? Moreover, no one has explicitly said that not being a virgin makes you dirty so why do you care so much about this? I mean everyone's got their own opinion. It's like asking "what's so good about getting 100 in every subject of first semester in your first year of uni?" There is no definite answer to that one. Some may say because your academic record hasn't been tarnished. Some may not even care about their results. The same goes for this "issue", its about personal preference.
it makes one look really smart.
dah.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
pantha-princess said:
undefinedBefore I begin my reply... I want to point out that I was trying to enlighten you all about where Christian's stand (as I pointed out) in the whole "save sex for marriage idea" and in no way was I bible bashing, I really don't mind if all of you refused to listen to what I said, because really, its up to you in the end.

"I also believe that you're a pretty shitty spokesperson for abstinance when you have had sex before. Just because you're a "born again christian", it doesn't mean you've wiped the slate clean. You DID have sex, you DO remember it, the memory WILL affect your opinion and decision on things in life."

--> I'm not saying I'm perfect. I stuffed up, I regret it. I liked sex, for sure... but I regret loosing it, I really do. I wasn't pressuring MY opinion on you, or anyone... I was simply explaining where Christian's stand (as previously mentioned)

--> Christian's believe (therefore I believe) that once you are forgiven by God, your slate IS wiped clean. That doesn't mean that it didn't happen, or that I won't remember it or that the memory won't effect my opinion or decisions on things in life, but it means that in God's eyes, I'm forgiven and set free from that.

--> It has effected my life, greatly. I had to tell a Christian ex-boyfriend that I wasn't a virgin, and that if he wanted to ever marry me I couldn't give him that part of me - it was SO hard... So, already, it HAS affected my life and I know it will continue to until I die.

"I understand what you're saying, but you make a shitty argument. If sex is so good, why restrict us to only having it with one person? How can one person make a judgement on abstinance . There isn't a single person who can, say "I've had a life only having sex with one person and I have had another life having sex with many people, and I believe the better one is..."

--> Why restrict it to one person? Because, AS I HAVE ALREADY EXPLAINED that is what God designed it for. It was designed for inside marriage.

--> As for the rest, I have friends who have had sex with only one person - and that's their husband/wife and they openly talk about it being special and great. I on the other hand, have had sex with more than one person, and can state my opinion. I agree, that not one person can say that quote, but it's silly to presume that one can't come to a conclusion based on something they've never tried before. I mean, people do it everyday with other issues.

"Hang on, just a second ago you were saying that God likes sex and let's not forget that HE was the one that made it so good. He IS the one that tempted us."

--> You really need to read what people say before you try and argue against them. I said "BUT THEN" suggesting that there was a change in how things were. People were created perfect, God did make it so good... but then PEOPLE stuffed up and used it out of place, outside of marriage.

--> No, if you knew ANYTHING about what you were talking about, God didn't tempt man, Satan did.

"That's a shitty analgy. If you broke a mirror and looked at it, it would look the same unless the pieces were at different angles. Also, let's not forget this isn't a debate about religion. If you want to bible bash, take it elsewhere. However, I'm allowed to debate your points. <3 double standards. "

--> So, a smashed mirror all over the floor in pieces, looks the same as the mirror hanging in your bathroom? I highly doubt it! The picture is not complete.

--> As previously mentioned, I wasn't bible bashing. I was simply trying to state what Christian's believe, in an effort to HELP others.

"1) This is rediculous. How can you tell us that sex with someone is better when you're a virgin when you're NOT a vigin.
2) Not a bad point, but not a good one either.
3) Another dodgy analagy. It sounds like you've been thinking about this, and one day though of these analgies and suddenly thought that you were a genius. You're also insinuating that EVERY relationship with sex, will end in heartbreak and scar your heart. How presumptuous."

--> 1. Because once again, you presume I don't have friends. And, I can still imagine what it would be like, even if it won't be like that for me.

--> 2. No comment.

--> 3. Actually, they aren't my analgies. They are well known Christian analgies that I have been told before. I don't think I'm a genius. I think its poor form for someone to debate by insulting people. And no, I didn't insinuate that every relationship with sex will end in heartbreak and scar your heart... those that DO end, cause so much more pain and hurt than if sex wasn't involved. Read the words properly, and in context... then you wouldn't have so much to argue about.

"Yes, they are comming from point of view, clouded by their own pretentiousness and hypocrisy. Actually, this hasn't helped, I knew that already."

--> They aren't coming from a pretentious and hypocritical point of view... How can someone like you, who doesn't know me, presume that? I am not a hypocrite. Since becoming a Christian, I have NOT performed in any sexual activity other than kissing my boyfriend of the time. That's not hypocricy... thats the oppisite.

"What?? Huh?? Firstly, christians arent the ONLY people in the world who are capable of loving someone "with all your heart, soul, mind and strength ". Just because an evil non-christian has had relationships in the past, doesnt mean its made them into a horrible, cold and hardened person incapable of giving their partner anything more then "scraps from all the broken relationships and trust from the past" Quite the opposite. It usually means that they are more knowledgeble about what they want from a relationship. Yes, the divorce rate may be higher among non-christians, but isnt the reason for that obvious?? Divorce is taboo among the church. Many christians would rather remain in an un-loving relationship simply because it is 'the right thing to do'. I think, if you havent dated, how can you know what you want?? Friendship isnt everything you know... And despite what you said about christians thinking sex is a good thing, the church forbids it until marriage. This, i think, would cause someone to have more emotional problems regarding sex. If sex is regarded as taboo, this attitude is going to carry over into your marriage. Like it or not, you cant oppose sex for 20 or so years, and just suddenly jump into it healthily."

--> I never mentioned Christian's specifically when I was talking about the wedding night. Read again, I said NON BIBLICAL things, meaning, reasons people keep it whether you are a Christian or not.

--> I also never ever said "evil non-christian has had relationships in the past, doesnt mean its made them into a horrible, cold and hardened person" - because I don't believe that. My whole family and most of my friends would fit into that category and I don't think they are horrible, cold and hardened!

--> The CATHOLIC church says divorce is wrong. I am Anglican, the Anglican Church permits divorce for select reasons... Not all people stay in a relationship that they don't find love in. That's a bad presumtion.

--> I also, never said that dating was bad. I said that Christian's believe that SEX is bad. I date! I had a boyfriend for over a year - I was a Christian, he was a Christian. We just didn't sleep together.

--> I know plenty of people who oppose sex BEFORE MARRIAGE (not sex in general) and still find sex fulfilling and great in marriage. Because, thats where it's designed to be!

"Btw. Its not like chris tians dont date"

--> See above. I do date too! I'm quite aware of this fact, thanks!

"sex is everything you have? poor child. whatever happened to your personality, mind, wit, compassion, feelings?"

--> Sex can only be given once, non Christian, or Christian. In a friendship, do you not give the person your personality, mind, wit, compassion, feelings? - I don't see everyone sleeping with all their friends. What about family? You still give your family your personality, mind, wit, compassion and feelings.. yet I bet you haven't slept with your family?

"so you're basically saying sex is makes no sense? that it shatters you? so hows the sheltered world treating you?"

--> Sex makes sense. In marriage. It doesn't shatter you, it shatters the image of sex and how its meant to be. It shatters your relationship with God. And IF the relationship breaks down, it CAN shatter people.

--> Don't presume I have a sheltered life. I have a far from sheltered life dude. Far, far from sheltered. You are in no position to make assumptions about where I am in life.

___

Anyway, again, to reinforce to you all.. I'm not bible bashing.. simply stating what Christians, and I believe. We live in a country that allows me to do that, and in case you's haven't realised I didn't bag your opinions in any of my comments... That's because im open minded, and respect your beliefs and opinions. Have a good night.
i read the first 5 or so words befor the elipses whatever, scrolled down, and thought 'screw that, too much in one post to read'.

the end.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Nicho said:
Isn't it a pretty selfless act to save something that good for one person alone?
Yeah, but believe it or not, I'm living MY life for me. No mortal is in any position to judge me either.

mmm_sofay said:
i read the first 5 or so words befor the elipses whatever, scrolled down, and thought 'screw that, too much in one post to read'.

the end.
Yeah, me too. I think it had something to do with the stupid font and the lack of

HSC
undefinedBefore I begin my reply... I want to point out that I was trying to enlighten you all about where Christian's stand (as I pointed out) in the whole "save sex for marriage idea" and in no way was I bible bashing, I really don't mind if all of you refused to listen to what I said, because really, its up to you in the end.

"I also believe that you're a pretty shitty spokesperson for abstinance when you have had sex before. Just because you're a "born again christian", it doesn't mean you've wiped the slate clean. You DID have sex, you DO remember it, the memory WILL affect your opinion and decision on things in life."

--> I'm not saying I'm perfect. I stuffed up, I regret it. I liked sex, for sure... but I regret loosing it, I really do. I wasn't pressuring MY opinion on you, or anyone... I was simply explaining where Christian's stand (as previously mentioned)

--> Christian's believe (therefore I believe) that once you are forgiven by God, your slate IS wiped clean. That doesn't mean that it didn't happen, or that I won't remember it or that the memory won't effect my opinion or decisions on things in life, but it means that in God's eyes, I'm forgiven and set free from that.

--> It has effected my life, greatly. I had to tell a Christian ex-boyfriend that I wasn't a virgin, and that if he wanted to ever marry me I couldn't give him that part of me - it was SO hard... So, already, it HAS affected my life and I know it will continue to until I die.

"I understand what you're saying, but you make a shitty argument. If sex is so good, why restrict us to only having it with one person? How can one person make a judgement on abstinance . There isn't a single person who can, say "I've had a life only having sex with one person and I have had another life having sex with many people, and I believe the better one is..."

--> Why restrict it to one person? Because, AS I HAVE ALREADY EXPLAINED that is what God designed it for. It was designed for inside marriage.

--> As for the rest, I have friends who have had sex with only one person - and that's their husband/wife and they openly talk about it being special and great. I on the other hand, have had sex with more than one person, and can state my opinion. I agree, that not one person can say that quote, but it's silly to presume that one can't come to a conclusion based on something they've never tried before. I mean, people do it everyday with other issues.

"Hang on, just a second ago you were saying that God likes sex and let's not forget that HE was the one that made it so good. He IS the one that tempted us."

--> You really need to read what people say before you try and argue against them. I said "BUT THEN" suggesting that there was a change in how things were. People were created perfect, God did make it so good... but then PEOPLE stuffed up and used it out of place, outside of marriage.

--> No, if you knew ANYTHING about what you were talking about, God didn't tempt man, Satan did.

"That's a shitty analgy. If you broke a mirror and looked at it, it would look the same unless the pieces were at different angles. Also, let's not forget this isn't a debate about religion. If you want to bible bash, take it elsewhere. However, I'm allowed to debate your points. <3 double standards. "

--> So, a smashed mirror all over the floor in pieces, looks the same as the mirror hanging in your bathroom? I highly doubt it! The picture is not complete.

--> As previously mentioned, I wasn't bible bashing. I was simply trying to state what Christian's believe, in an effort to HELP others.

"1) This is rediculous. How can you tell us that sex with someone is better when you're a virgin when you're NOT a vigin.
3) Another dodgy analagy. It sounds like you've been thinking about this, and one day though of these analgies and suddenly thought that you were a genius. You're also insinuating that EVERY relationship with sex, will end in heartbreak and scar your heart. How presumptuous."

--> 1. Because once again, you presume I don't have friends. And, I can still imagine what it would be like, even if it won't be like that for me.

--> 2. No comment.

--> 3. Actually, they aren't my analgies. They are well known Christian analgies that I have been told before. I don't think I'm a genius. I think its poor form for someone to debate by insulting people. And no, I didn't insinuate that every relationship with sex will end in heartbreak and scar your heart... those that DO end, cause so much more pain and hurt than if sex wasn't involved. Read the words properly, and in context... then you wouldn't have so much to argue about.

"Yes, they are comming from point of view, clouded by their own pretentiousness and hypocrisy. Actually, this hasn't helped, I knew that already."

--> They aren't coming from a pretentious and hypocritical point of view... How can someone like you, who doesn't know me, presume that? I am not a hypocrite. Since becoming a Christian, I have NOT performed in any sexual activity other than kissing my boyfriend of the time. That's not hypocricy... thats the oppisite.

"What?? Huh?? Firstly, christians arent the ONLY people in the world who are capable of loving someone "with all your heart, soul, mind and strength ". Just because an evil non-christian has had relationships in the past, doesnt mean its made them into a horrible, cold and hardened person incapable of giving their partner anything more then "scraps from all the broken relationships and trust from the past" Quite the opposite. It usually means that they are more knowledgeble about what they want from a relationship. Yes, the divorce rate may be higher among non-christians, but isnt the reason for that obvious?? Divorce is taboo among the church. Many christians would rather remain in an un-loving relationship simply because it is 'the right thing to do'. I think, if you havent dated, how can you know what you want?? Friendship isnt everything you know... And despite what you said about christians thinking sex is a good thing, the church forbids it until marriage. This, i think, would cause someone to have more emotional problems regarding sex. If sex is regarded as taboo, this attitude is going to carry over into your marriage. Like it or not, you cant oppose sex for 20 or so years, and just suddenly jump into it healthily."

--> I never mentioned Christian's specifically when I was talking about the wedding night. Read again, I said NON BIBLICAL things, meaning, reasons people keep it whether you are a Christian or not.

--> I also never ever said "evil non-christian has had relationships in the past, doesnt mean its made them into a horrible, cold and hardened person" - because I don't believe that. My whole family and most of my friends would fit into that category and I don't think they are horrible, cold and hardened!

--> The CATHOLIC church says divorce is wrong. I am Anglican, the Anglican Church permits divorce for select reasons... Not all people stay in a relationship that they don't find love in. That's a bad presumtion.

--> I also, never said that dating was bad. I said that Christian's believe that SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE is bad. I date! I had a boyfriend for over a year - I was a Christian, he was a Christian. We just didn't sleep together.

--> I know plenty of people who oppose sex BEFORE MARRIAGE (not sex in general) and still find sex fulfilling and great in marriage. Because, thats where it's designed to be!

"sex is everything you have? poor child. whatever happened to your personality, mind, wit, compassion, feelings?"

--> Sex can only be given once, non Christian, or Christian. In a friendship, do you not give the person your personality, mind, wit, compassion, feelings? - I don't see everyone sleeping with all their friends. What about family? You still give your family your personality, mind, wit, compassion and feelings.. yet I bet you haven't slept with your family?

"so you're basically saying sex is makes no sense? that it shatters you? so hows the sheltered world treating you?"

--> Sex makes sense. In marriage. It doesn't shatter you, it shatters the image of sex and how its meant to be. It shatters your relationship with God. And IF the relationship breaks down, it CAN shatter people.

--> Don't presume I have a sheltered life. I have a far from sheltered life dude. Far, far from sheltered. You are in no position to make assumptions about where I am in life.
___

Anyway, again, to reinforce to you all.. I'm not bible bashing.. simply stating what Christians, and I believe. We live in a country that allows me to do that, and in case you's haven't realised I didn't bag your opinions in any of my comments... That's because im open minded, and respect your beliefs and opinions. Have a good night.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
I also, never said that dating was bad. I said that Christian's believe that SEX is bad. I date! I had a boyfriend for over a year - I was a Christian, he was a Christian. We just didn't sleep together.
it is rare i disagree with christians on this thread.
but that was rediculous. we dont believe sex is bad. we believe it is precious and valuable so it shouldnt go round being given out 2 every1.

what the? ur VIRGINITY can be given once, but i sure aint waitin all my life to do it once and then hav to only hav done it once 4 the rest f my life.

i couldnt be bothered reading the rest of that, but most of it sounds not so fantastic. i hav pretty high morals, but u definately come out soundin way worse than me.

HSC
Sorry,

I did re read that and see the problem with my comment about sex being bad. I did correct it (if you want to check it is corrected) and I meant to say that sex before marriage is bad.

Also, I meant virginity... rather than sex. I don't want to only have sex once in marriage either.

Sorry about the typos.

HSC
I'm not changing the font just so you read my post. I'm just arguing with what you said anyway. Up to you whether you read it or not. I don't care...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
pantha-princess said:
I'm not changing the font just so you read my post. I'm just arguing with what you said anyway. Up to you whether you read it or not. I don't care...
Good, well for any points that you argued of mine, I'm claiming a moral victory.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
pantha-princess said:

--> 2. No comment.

--> I also, never said that dating was bad. I said that Christian's believe that SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE is bad. I date! I had a boyfriend for over a year - I was a Christian, he was a Christian. We just didn't sleep together.

___

no matter how many times you post this, im not going to read it.
unless if you pay me $1 per word

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)