What is so good about being a virgin? (2 Viewers)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Optimus Prime said:
You're sure showing a break from cultural stereotypes by abstaining!
YES I AM.
Completely different to almost ALL my friends in the CHURCH or OUT OF IT.

Pace_T

HSC
some of you are arguing for an explanation over why some people want to remain virgins before marriage. whether it is logical or illogical doesnt matter. its their choice. and if you persistently demand a logical reason for it you are hypocritically trying to push your own beliefs (current cultural standards) onto them. their choice doesnt have to make sense by your standards, as long as it makes sense for theirs.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
My gosh?
Why should any woman have to explain what SHE chooses to do with her body? Only one id consult in this is my boyfriend , and i do that cause i WANT TO.

I am not irrational or wrong. My choice will not affect you.Anyone who thinks that my choosing to do what i wish instead of conforming to cultural stereotypes is irrational and wrong is in fact COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY WRONG.

I HAVE NOT pushed my own choices on anyone. I resent that. ( as you may have noticed by my liberal use of the caps lock.)
READ my posts before you write any trash about pushing beliefs on anyone.
You're pushing your beliefs by implying that it's better and more 'pure'. You christians with your holier-than -thou attitudes, don't even realise that it constantly manifests in your condescending attitude and posts.

It's obviously upset you and hit a nerve because you do realise that basing it on these outdated and oppressive rules is irrational, regardless of how you try to spin it.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Pace_T said:
some of you are arguing for an explanation over why some people want to remain virgins before marriage. whether it is logical or illogical doesnt matter. its their choice. and if you persistently demand a logical reason for it you are hypocritically trying to push your own beliefs (current cultural standards) onto them. their choice doesnt have to make sense by your standards, as long as it makes sense for theirs.
I don't understand it, but I want to. What's wrong with pressing people to understand how they think?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Ennaybur said:
You're pushing your beliefs by implying that it's better and more 'pure'. You christians with your holier-than -thou attitudes, don't even realise that it constantly manifests in your condescending attitude and posts.

It's obviously upset you and hit a nerve because you do realise that basing it on these outdated and oppressive rules is irrational, regardless of how you try to spin it.

READ MY POSTS. You are obviously mistaking me for someone else.
I dont like being judged , hence my hit nerve.
I have not implyed its better nor more pure. I have pondered whether it is healthy. That is different.
I HAVE RAGED AGAINST Christians with holier-than-thou attitudes.
Stop beng so silly and arrogant. read the thread before you start spouting such ridiculous nonsence and slurs.
I have NO condecending attitude toward anyone , though i am perhaps forming one towards you.
I respect every poster on here , i have said one thing to Evilo which i thought was fair enough -to say that only one view is valid enough to share IS wrong...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Ennaybur said:

It's irrational from where we're standing but she's not hurting anybody by choosing to abstain til marriage.

Evilo

HSC
*TRUE* said:
Look no personal offence intended but that pot was badly put together.
Sharing your view and imposing it are two different things.
You have basically said that if 'you want to hold off' you should shut up , whilst 'good on' everyone else.
Thats so wrong.
okay i can see what you are saying - i should have put on "stfu for people having sex" too. but yeah this thread (all 29 pages of it) . This thread just goes in the same loop.

"i'm not having sex till im married"
"why"
"x reason"
"<religion argument>"
"<personal choice argument"
"what about your partner? argument"
"its my choice/god says so argument"
"religion argument (again)"

ur_inner_child (page 17) said:
problem with using "religion" as a reason why being a virgin is so good is just like saying "cuz my mummy said so"

if you truly believed that being a virgin is good in relation to religion, you'd have solid reasons that don't necessarily tie in with religion

for example

"i will be giving something special to the person I marry, who would be the person I love and will want to spend the rest of my life with"

or

"I don't want to give into the temptation of giving something special to someone who I think I love, but wouldn't necessarily want to spend the rest of my life with"

or

"I believe it is something you can only give away once, and I want to give it to someone that loves me for me, and would want to spend the rest of my life with etc"

not

"cuz God says so".
+1

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
READ MY POSTS. You are obviously mistaking me for someone else.
I dont like being judged , hence my hit nerve.
I have not implyed its better nor more pure. I have pondered whether it is healthy. That is different.
I HAVE RAGED AGAINST Christians with holier-than-thou attitudes.
Stop beng so silly and arrogant. read the thread before you start spouting such ridiculous nonsence and slurs.
I have NO condecending attitude toward anyone , though i am perhaps forming one towards you.
I respect every poster on here , i have said one thing to Evilo which i thought was fair enough -to say that only one view is valid enough to share IS wrong...
lolfag

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Evilo said:
okay i can see what you are saying - i should have put on "stfu for people having sex" too. but yeah this thread (all 29 pages of it) . This thread just goes in the same loop.

"i'm not having sex till im married"
"why"
"x reason"
"<religion argument>"
"<personal choice argument"
"what about your partner? argument"
"its my choice/god says so argument"
"religion argument (again)"

+1
Yeah I know what you mean:)

I think there are some people though that attack a certain party for the wrong reason , and thats why i post :)
Ur Inner Child is very grounded , she has given me things to think about many times in her posts :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Evilo said:
Welcome to the internet.

Pace_T

HSC
jumb said:
I don't understand it, but I want to. What's wrong with pressing people to understand how they think?
because some people push for answers so hard that they are basically forcing current standards onto others. but i can see where you're coming from, because i too dont understand abstaining from sex until marriage because of religion. i get really annoyed by it. but if they say its because of other reasons ( e.g. intimacy with only one person) i can totally understand it.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Pace_T said:
because some people push for answers so hard that they are basically forcing current standards onto others. but i can see where you're coming from, because i too dont understand abstaining from sex until marriage because of religion. i get really annoyed by it. but if they say its because of other reasons ( e.g. intimacy with only one person) i can totally understand it.
If they don't like it, they don't have to make a post and include themselves in this discussion. Quit defending people who don't need it.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
I would happily put forward some feelings i have on why i wait , but i dont want to inadvertedly put others down or open myself up to critisicm ( dont you TRUST him , lol) and a big long debate...
Alot of the reasons Ur Inner Child hypothetically put forward are my own too.
But i can even myself think of counter-arguements and etc.
Basically what is comes down to is a choice , made by each person according to whatever resounds with them.
Just as those who have sex before marriage do not deserve to be told they have no respect , are sluts , players , whatever....
Neither do virgins deserve to be called cold , unaffectionate , inhibited , immature, zealots.
Certain people saying certain things (ahem ennaybur) is as ridiculous as my saying , oh you only have a problem because you FEEL BAD about not waiting yourself.
Its just a choice.
Sexuality should not define a person's worth nor in most cases character ( and character itself is a difficult concept to define for some people)

Pace_T

HSC
jumb said:
If they don't like it, they don't have to make a post and include themselves in this discussion. Quit defending people who don't need it.
they can discuss whatever they want. and can be hated for it too. but whats not on is people who are hypocritical towards others and forcing current cultural standards onto them.

evry1getscrewed

HSC
the problem with this debate is the question is "whats so good about being a virgin"

everytime someone tries to answer the question by giving reasons they get attacked for their views.

why?

because not everyone cares or understands the other reasoning.

doesn't mean anyone is wrong. or right. its all opinion here.

as for the moron who was making comments about 'forcing views': what the hell are you doing on a FORUM? this is where people debate issues, discuss ideas and check up on society in general. voicing opinions is good (especially if its under an anonymous name ;)) and isn't forcing views. what is forcing views is having a go at people for something you think is archaic but is something that is truly important to them. do you think anyone would go through the difficulties of remaining a virgin unless they had a damn good reason? think about it for a sec.

also, if you are expecting an answer to this question, i dont think you'll find it here. you're basically saying 'convince me that im wrong' then attack the person for thinking theyre right.

and if anyone wants to read or read about this really good book on saving sex go to www.jasonstevens.info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)