What is so good about UNSW compared to USYD? (1 Viewer)

LoneWolf1990

HSC
I'm just wondering, cause to my knowledge most of the top students and private schoolers etc end up going to USYD, yet most of the guys with a freakishly high UAI from my high school chose UNSW(keep in mind it's the uni next door to my high school) why are they drawn towards it? What's so good about it? I lived right next to it for years and truthfully I'm not impressed by it compared to Sydney Uni which is like totally awesome

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
you have whats known as a sandstone complex. Pretty much all the facilities at usyd are second to unsw, granted I've only seen usyd's science labs + 2 theatres (omfg old as shit) and the new law building looks great.

Fisher's tops as well.

UNSW looks so much better than usyd, bar the main building.

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
I'm just wondering, cause to my knowledge most of the top students and private schoolers etc end up going to USYD, yet most of the guys with a freakishly high UAI from my high school chose UNSW(keep in mind it's the uni next door to my high school) why are they drawn towards it? What's so good about it? I lived right next to it for years and truthfully I'm not impressed by it compared to Sydney Uni which is like totally awesome
quite sure that most people with a really high uai will either go to do law or med or science/engineering.

engineering is for unsw and is a significantly low uai as opposed to law.

med is all over but most people want to go to unsw. however law and science is for usyd - really the usyd social life rocks. maybe the campus at unsw looks better, but the one at usyd actually looks like a university.

08er

HSC
it's the asians. oh and location plays a part as well

Uncle

Banned
HSC
usyd Engineering programs apparently are poorly outdated.
As well as Geoffrey Leonard going to usyd.

ahahahaha fucken.....
this pic sums it all up, there need not be threads like these.
unsw is superior to usyd.
must spread +rep around.

it's the asians. oh and location plays a part as well
where can you find vietnamese gangsters?

at usyd commerce.

kooltrainer

HSC
wel, i go unsw for engineering ... which is all around 88 uai... usyd has aerospace which is around 98 uai... dunno why ppl say eng at unsw is better tho

anyways... unsw is richer... can employ better lecturers and resources etc...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
lol

no it's not you liar

Very few of the buildings look better than the old science ones at USyd. That's it. Stop being daft cunts and suggesting that the facilities are better. I can only speak from the science/arts point of view, but aside from aesthetics there's nothing that the UNSW chem and bio labs had that the USyd ones don't. The facilities aren't better. They look better.

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
sydney uni open day was so disappointing.

dumarab

HSC
it's all the same

most CEOs and shit graduated from USYD though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)