• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what is the best public school out there? (1 Viewer)

best public school...?

• James Ruse Agricultural High School

Votes: 33 26.0%
  • North Sydney Boys/Girls High School

Votes: 21 16.5%
  • Baulkham Hills High School

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Killara High School

• Cheltenham Girls High School

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Sydney Boys/Girls High School

Votes: 27 21.3%
  • Hurlstone Agricultural High School

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Northern Beaches Secondary College (any campus)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Fort Street High School

• Caringbah High School

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Plumpton High.
Hehe they have a class for yr 11 & 12s wif babies. I wish our school had that. You have to leave if you get pregnant.

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
Patrician Brothers Blacktown. Though I don't know if you would classify it as a public school. Its open to the public.......

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
apparently our canteen has been upgraded, but seeing as though i am not there anymore i dont know how good it really is. it has to be better than it was tho.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
our canteen got upgraded for the beginning of last year... it's really good... the food has improved a heap (much more healthy stuff avaliable)
and we now have an inside area ("cafeteria" if you like americanisms) with tables, chairs etc... which is great especially on cold winter days

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
good facilities, funded by a government? you win.

swisstruffles

HSC
I used to go to Killara High and compared to the one im going to now (ok i'll say it MONTE, if anyone is sane do not go there), it kicked arse. Lots of diff. ppl, great friends and everyone got along fine. In Monte, everyone is immature and uncultured; they are very secular with their friendship groups.

pranks85

What is the best public school out there? The best school would obviously be the one that fulfilled its role as a school better than all the others, and the primary role of a school being to educate, I think that should be the primary consideration in answering these questions.

On the basis of HSC results alone, I'd say Ruse. But then, I've been subject to the learning atmosphere at Ruse, where it's increasingly developing into a situation where the validity and importance of an idea is determined based on whether or not the idea is among those points we all aim to frantically memorise so we can regurgitate and forget them; which, in a nutshell, is what the HSC rewards. From my contact with students and ex-students of the schools that regularly top the HSC lists, I can safely say that these schools are adapting at an alarming pace to a system in which education is an appendage to exams.

So which school is the best really comes down to your own definition of education, and in most cases, the judgement cannot be made unless one has experienced the learning (or lack therof) environment at every school which one is trying to judge.

To summarise: Good luck figuring it out.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by swisstruffles
In Monte, everyone is immature and uncultured; they are very secular with their friendship groups.
hmm, interesting. i think a couple of my primary school friends go there. not that i've kept in contact with them.

fatmuscle

HSC
I reckon! about he canteens!!!

I took a tript o Barker to see my sis play netball (yes, it was to support her team, not to check them out)

the freakin canteen is a cafeteria and the middle school is a 7 11.

too bad fees willl go up!

probably no more cheaparse 80c hot cheese rolls!

hehhe, Monte, the school in Nth Sydney? Addy used to go there, she was dux

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
ahh! dat poll doesnt include St gEroge Girls! lol...and they do better than syd boyz....caringbar...fort st....sefton and god knows how mani others...they are lyk top 6th or smehting...

biased poll *pokes at the poll* :)

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i think that you are all stuck up to even think that a school is "better". its all comparitive to what you personally want to achieve and how u want to get there. i really think that what school you go to doesnt matter

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
fort st was formed in 1849 i think its the 2nd oldest skool in syd atm

cant remember whos older

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
I reckon! about he canteens!!!

I took a tript o Barker to see my sis play netball (yes, it was to support her team, not to check them out)

the freakin canteen is a cafeteria and the middle school is a 7 11.

too bad fees willl go up!

probably no more cheaparse 80c hot cheese rolls!
omg it's so true!!! the hot cheese rolls are $1.40 nowadays... they were $1 when i started 2 years ago... but they're so good that you pay $1.40 for them
but yes we do have a very nice canteen, with all the tables + stuff.. and the heating is warm... and good food too... especially the bbq's at the end of the month! very good!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)