What is the lowest i can get in the umat if i get a high atar? (1 Viewer)

Mdzabakly

HSC
Hey guys so next year i am going to sit the umat and so my hope is that i can get as high as possible for that.
But i also know that i've done pretty crap on most practice papers so far.
I'm hoping that after intensive practice and medentry i can maybe do well in the umat .
but just incase, what do you think would be the lowest percentile i could get if i got a high atar ( btw 98-99.5) to get an interview?

Thanks in advance!!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
To get an interview?

85th percentile and above depending on where you live/want to go.

Dylanamali

HSC
99.75-99.95 = No UMAT e.g. Griffith, Umelb, USYD etc.

If your planning to do tertiary study next year then a high ATAR won't really aid your cause in gaining entry into any undergraduate medical schools except UNSW.
That being said, even then UNSW weights ATAR/GPA 50/50 and thus you'll still need a great GPA.
Although, if you did take a GAP year then I'd say around 59-60 overall so around 85% may be sufficient for an interview offer at UNSW. But an interview offer and an actual offer are very different and it's best not to be the minimum score as that'll mean you'll need a killer interview.

With most other universities ATAR/GPA is a threshold e.g. JMP, UWS etc

All the best, :)

**BTW, even 80% may be sufficient to receive an interview offer at med schools.. I only received 80%th percentile and I've received an interview offer from UWS and am relatively expectant of a JMP interview offer.
I am a UWS Adv Sci student though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)