What is the meaning of life? (1 Viewer)

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
Moonlight, existance only preceeds essense if you're a follower of existentialism, which christians wouldn't on the whole be in for.

Personally, i'm something of an agnostic. in recent months i've started leaning towards Nihilism... unfortunately.

I think we need a purpose, so we give ourselves a purpose. An excuse to live. When you think about it there is no real world. We each have a world of our own creation. Of course, we affect the worlds, the realities, of many others but to each and every one of us live in a world that it peculiar to each of us. In my opinion, our realities are affected by the interactions of other realities upon our own.

Back to the purpose.... We all give ourselves purposes to that we can justify our existance. We lose this, and we lose our inhibitions. So while the purposes we allocate ourselves are inconsequential, without them all of society will collapse. It is ironic that it is the mere existance of what we call our purpose holds more purpose that our self-allocated purpose does to us in the greater reality.

summary: life is meaningless, so we allocate ourselves purposes out of necessity.

I could talk much more about it but i wont because there are so many tangets for me to depart from on.

Male, 18.

Last edited:

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
fi_babezy said:
what sort of ploy? One to take over the world :p, i just want to know ppl's opinions because my major artwork atm is exploring that question :)
whoops...i just realised that my question didn't make sense. anyways, it was meant to be 'what does age and gender have to do with it'? so what does it? i mean, how do you plan to incorporate that into your artwork?

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
moonlight im not being spoonfed from a book.
it was just a good way of summing it up.

i agree with the post about creating meaning for others (i think it was ur inner child...)

infact i agree with lots of diff things ppl hav sed. however, seeing as the point of this was for someone 2 explore it in their major work, a variety of different answers is probably good.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
mr EaZy said:
i know what the meaning of MY life is. But hey! its my life ok!
(looks like someone was wathcin the RAymond hour today!)
male 17 (soon 18)
Dear male 17 going on 18, I do not watch that show. And i seriously want to know what life means to you :p, i'm collecting. I'll put the word document in when I have finished... in about 200-300 days :D

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
table for 1 said:
whoops...i just realised that my question didn't make sense. anyways, it was meant to be 'what does age and gender have to do with it'? so what does it? i mean, how do you plan to incorporate that into your artwork?
Answer:

I could paste in the exactals (made up WORD for the details of my artwork), but that would be leaving myself open a bit. Let me just say when you make an artwork you have to take the audience into consideration <part of the conceptual framework>...so if i'm to explore what the meaning of life is (and my own answer that i wrote at the beginning of this will be at the start of all the answers), I should not base my answer/artwork solely on my limited knowledge of life. My artistic response to this question will have a more developed quality because of this research...also audience participation is always fun :)

OS

Banned
HSC
The meaning of life.... Well, I reckon it's to live, grow, learn, give life to future generations, give wisdom to them and then leave the world how you've helped to make (death). I think heaven is really the leaving of this world with a sense of fulfillment and peace... once you've gone it does not matter if there is nothing but black nothingness from then on.... the concept of ''heaven'' as a paridisal place where one may have an afterlife is what carries us on through adversity in life, even if it never really materializes with Peter at the gate...

B

badhairday

There is no solid meaning to life. Just live and enjoy it...

transcendent

HSC
N/A
19, Male. This doesn't neccessarily reflect my views. I can't be bothered thinking about it right now.

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC

There is no meaning of life. Where are here because of evolution; Why we persist in making these “We have got big brain and opposable thumbs” type questions never ceases to amaze me.

I am however fond of the "To enjoy oneself" view point, Hedonistic ramifications aside.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
the meaning of life is when you are alive, to question what is the meaning of life

there you go, there's your epiphany now rep me bitch.

banana_monkey

Better than you
HSC
Since using language limits you from truly expressing what you mean, isn't it pointless to bother trying to prove anything in the first place, since it's theorectically impossible in the first place? Structuralism is god.

Solution to the problem: Acts of extreme deviency

I heard it's been working great for Sodom. Wait.....

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Words are crumbs that have fallen from the banquet of the mind.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
tWiStEdD said:
Moonlight, existance only preceeds essense if you're a follower of existentialism, which christians wouldn't on the whole be in for.

Personally, i'm something of an agnostic. in recent months i've started leaning towards Nihilism... unfortunately.
Oh don't be like that, come back to the light side! Existentialism can be a bright happy theory..

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
banana_monkey said:
Since using language limits you from truly expressing what you mean, isn't it pointless to bother trying to prove anything in the first place, since it's theorectically impossible in the first place? Structuralism is god.

Solution to the problem: Acts of extreme deviency

I heard it's been working great for Sodom. Wait.....
What the..

Nitro Boy

HSC
All I know is that you should not go into deep of searching life too much if you wanna stay fresh to live . However , I think -to my 21 years of life- the meaning of life is sex . I guess we as humanbeings , should practise more on sex and develop more styles of it.

in this case , best fuckers in the world are from da USA ......
(but i am not)...

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
I think existentialism is, essentially, logical and bright (DEFINITELY the light side when you compare it to nihilism ;)).

You forgot one thing tho, Moonlight.... i AM your father. -dies-

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
thank you for your input Nitro_boy.

what you have said will be treasured forever.

leathaface

We Live our lives waiting for the day we die.

But what do we do until the day we go?

To live that life to the fullest...

hence my motto...

It don't Stop Until The Casket Drop!

Male 19

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)