what is workload comparing like in uni to schooll/hsc? (1 Viewer)

kevinant

HSC
the workload should be less than the HSC, since you don't get lots of stress and with extremely flexible time. Just beware of $#!T fail rates (for us it's sumthing like 35%). but you don't have to really work that hard, as long as you don't slack off you'll be fine.

HSC
Just because i haven't started uni yet it doesn't mean i can't answer the majority of questions from other peoples past experiences (mentors, friends etc). Especially with the majority of HSC08 questions being like, "Where should i sit in a lecture?" or "Is Uni hard?"
lol those were my questions :eek:

williamc

HSC
*claps*

Do you want a medal? You may be finding the workload easier, but the vast majority of people aren't and statistics in the failure and drop out rates of first years tends to suggest the opposite.
you're a deadset faggot. i wasn't bragging about the difficulty of the course, yet you act like a fucking 12yo. mad cliche bag-out there m8. All i said was that I am finding the workload to be LESS than the HSC in both the 100 level and two 200 level units i've done so far. Not only me, but all mem8's at uni aswell.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
you're a deadset faggot. i wasn't bragging about the difficulty of the course, yet you act like a fucking 12yo. mad cliche bag-out there m8. All i said was that I am finding the workload to be LESS than the HSC in both the 100 level and two 200 level units i've done so far. Not only me, but all mem8's at uni aswell.
Fire up sonny jim!:shoot:

you havn't started uni yet. LOL. thats like me telling a girl how to put makeup on because ive read about it.
And how would you know how your experiences in a completely different degree are going to be for someone doing a more difficult course than you are?

courses may be easier, but competition for higher marks is lower. So basically thats a load of shit.
Competition for higher marks in later years will depend on post-bachelor education, someone attempting to get into Honours will have a tougher time and will need to dedicate more time to achieving those high results than someone who just wants to pass. It is also at that point that most people will be trying to 'spruce' up their GPAs for their transcripts for professional work, so again its not a load of shit, but something will differ on the courses, on the individual and their goals.

Last edited:

williamc

HSC
And how would you know how your experiences in a completely different degree are going to be for someone doing a more difficult course than you are?.
mate did you notice how i said i was doing an EFS degree...

Competition for higher marks in later years will depend on post-bachelor education, someone attempting to get into Honours will have a tougher time and will need to dedicate more time to achieving those high results than someone who just wants to pass. It is also at that point that most people will be trying to 'spruce' up their GPAs for their transcripts for professional work, so again its not a load of shit, but something will differ on the courses, on the individual and their goals.
that was what i was saying i just got confused with the wording. i was basically trying to say to get higher marks in later years will become harder because people will be basically wanting to "attempting to get into Honours will have a tougher time and will need to dedicate more time to achieving those high results than someone who just wants to pass. It is also at that point that most people will be trying to 'spruce' up their GPAs for their transcripts for professional work, so again its not a load of shit, but something will differ on the courses, on the individual and their goals"

williamc

HSC
Sorry, I failed to see where it was that you were doing a B Com-Acst?

... im not doing a B com- acst.

"I disagree asylum, im finding the workload at uni to be less and in smaller blocks than it was for the HSC.
edit: im doing a double degree EFS faculty."

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
... im not doing a B com- acst.

"I disagree asylum, im finding the workload at uni to be less and in smaller blocks than it was for the HSC.
edit: im doing a double degree EFS faculty."
So you're in a completely different degree as to ascentyx, and yet can discount her opinions and thoughts because you, in another degree, are experiencing something different.

You were talking to ascentyx about how her opinions didn't matter, this was merely a counter-argument using your own logic.

ascentyx

HSC
So you're in a completely different degree as to ascentyx, and yet can discount her opinions and thoughts because you, in another degree, are experiencing something different.

You were talking to ascentyx about how her opinions didn't matter, this was merely a counter-argument using your own logic.
I'm a he haha, and yes this guy isn't very accepting of other peoples opinions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)