What is your all time favourite book? (1 Viewer)

michael1990

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
nope, it's not out just yet. I think Christopher said it will be out around September. He decided to call the Inhertiance Trilogy, the Inhertiance Cycle because the 3rd book was going to be around 900 pages if he stuck to a trilogy.
Oh okay.

Mad, i have something to look forward to in this bland year LOL...

I want J.K.Rowling to write more Harry Potter Books.

HSC
michael1990 said:
I want J.K.Rowling to write more Harry Potter Books.
There was a story in the news headlines a while back that said that the Harry Potter series may not yet be over.
Maybe one of children will become the next 'Harry Potter' ?

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
There was a story in the news headlines a while back that said that the Harry Potter series may not yet be over.
Mmmm, yeah i heard about that as well. She's going to be doing -possibly- a series concerning the Marauders. Should be interesting, top two of my favourite characters just happen to be a part of the Marauders :p

michael1990

HSC
Ms. BRIGHTSIDE said:
There would be no story line.

I mean 'he who must not be named' is dead.
I would read any book about Harry Potter she released. But would anyone else.

J.K.Rowling has said she will publish 'secrets' of Harry Potter. But not another book. I WISH SHE DID!
I would kiss her 40 year old butt LOL

HSC
Probably the Harry Potter series, though I think that after the fifth one it went a little downhill...

Doctor Jolly said:
Mmmm, yeah i heard about that as well. She's going to be doing -possibly- a series concerning the Marauders. Should be interesting, top two of my favourite characters just happen to be a part of the Marauders :p
This comment makes me think that the chances of that are very low, although I would love a prequel.

michael1990 said:
There would be no story line.
Authors are very creative people. It wouldn't be too difficult to come up with a new plotline/dark lord... but for the record I don't believe we'll get another series from JKR.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
russianROULETTE said:
Probably the Harry Potter series, though I think that after the fifth one it went a little downhill...

This comment makes me think that the chances of that are very low, although I would love a prequel.
Really? I thought that the Order was a pretty gripping novel. The 6th was a bit bland, but she came roaring back with the edition of the Hallows.
Aw, dang, I'd just love a story with the Marauders involved. A story with Lily and Jame though? That should be interesting and hilarious.

michael1990

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
Authors are very creative people. It wouldn't be too difficult to come up with a new plotline/dark lord... but for the record I don't believe we'll get another series from JKR.
I don't think it will. I mean you would have already heard about the 'dark lord'. I doubt there would be so 'many' evil people in the world.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
^ my friend read the twilight series, and she hasn't been able to put them down! I wish I had that much free time :(

eliseliselise

HSC
aaah definitely the lovely bones by alice sebold... the standard class gets to study it, while my class is stuck with yucky barbara baynton's "bush studies"... shudder... other than that, i love "the host" by stephenie meyer [of twilight fame], james frey's "a million little pieces", catcher in the rye... & scott westerfeld's uglies series raWkx too.

My favourite book is called New Senior Mathematics (Three Unit Couse for Years 11 & 12) by J.B. Fitzpatrick.

I learn new things every time I read it. I am just so impressed with the ways in which the author presents Mathematics questions to make me question over again and again. From the book, I question the meaning of life "What do I try to achieve from doing these stupid questions that would have no relevance in my life?".

By the way, my 2nd best book is Cambridge 3 Unit HSC. It makes me question why I need so many Mathematics books when I already have 20 books or so.
lyounamu!! that's HILARIOUS! but, i must admit... that lovely mint green cover is quite arousing to the eye, and the content is always so enjoyable! the lack of answers for all questions does tend to tick me off quite regularly, however.

youknowwhat

HSC
N/A
xXconfusedXx said:
i'm quite fond of reading during my spare time and im just interested in hearing what is/are your favourite book(s). it may give me some ideas of what to look for next time i go down to the local library.
hey, there

have you read twilight, eclip and newmoon? it the best books ever. by stephenie meyer.

SiN3m

HSC
dance with the devil- Sherrilyn kenyon (awsome series but this book is the Best)

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
xXconfusedXx said:
i'm quite fond of reading during my spare time and im just interested in hearing what is/are your favourite book(s). it may give me some ideas of what to look for next time i go down to the local library.
The Bugalugs Bum Theif by Tim Winton. It's from the Aussie Bites book range.

SiN3m

HSC
michael1990 said:
Harry Potter I Tell You People!

Harry Potter!
prisoner of azkaban and half-blood prince yes definately...hated deathly hallows

michael1990

HSC
SiN3m said:
prisoner of azkaban and half-blood prince yes definately...hated deathly hallows
I didn't like Prisoner of Azkaban.
LOVED Half-Blood Prince.

I like most chapters in Deathly Hallows, and the story-line was great.
I have the american version and it has cool pictures LOL.

I really like Order of the Phoenix.

SiN3m

HSC
michael1990 said:
I didn't like Prisoner of Azkaban.
LOVED Half-Blood Prince.

I like most chapters in Deathly Hallows, and the story-line was great.
I have the american version and it has cool pictures LOL.

I really like Order of the Phoenix.
it was the scenes in the tent running away that i hated most...i SOO cried when lupin and tonks died :(( the fighting scenes n Hogarts was good but i wish they had more Draco...the way Snape died was pathetic for suc a chracter

P.O.A was my fav until half-blood prince

michael1990

HSC
SiN3m said:
it was the scenes in the tent running away that i hated most...i SOO cried when lupin and tonks died :(( the fighting scenes n Hogarts was good but i wish they had more Draco...the way Snape died was pathetic for suc a chracter

P.O.A was my fav until half-blood prince
Oh yeah it was so sad.

My heart lifted when Molly was dueling Bellatrix.

And my heart also lifted when Harry was being carried to Hogwarts by Hagrid. :)

Made me feel good.

I wanted him to bring his parents back from the dead with the Hallows :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)