What is your all time favourite book? (1 Viewer)

Jess007

HSC
' the last refuge' i read it in yr 6 and found it again in yr 10...so good... i was looking for it for that long too. finally found it in my local library my school didnt have it...its good

agua.fuego

HSC
Atonement, Ian McEwan...

Thought that was really good. I read the book before the movie, and... yep. Awesome.

nandison

HSC
:burn: MIDNIGHT WHISPERS , DAY AFTER TOMMORROW ALL 7 SERIES, DANCE LIKE YOU NEVER DANCED, THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN AND YERR I HAVE HEAPS IN MIND BUT CANT REMEMBER !:burn:

chantellejohn

crazy!!
HSC
i am an avid reader of books, and my all time favourite books would have to be by virginia andrews, i have just finished the 3rd book in the heaven series and i cant seem to want to put them down.
:)

maccasjunkie

HSC
i love the Sabriel series by Garth Nix
I seriously recomend it
It goes, Sabriel then Lirael and then Abhorsen
Seriously good books
xx

SiN3m

HSC
maccasjunkie said:
i love the Sabriel series by Garth Nix
I seriously recomend it
It goes, Sabriel then Lirael and then Abhorsen
Seriously good books
xx
i had to drago myself through Sabirel...i started lirael anyway but ddnt really like it...but in sabriel i like the confrontation towards the end in the water...dnt remember details

yennie B

HSC
The messenger by Markus zusack. Read it when i was 12 but only got the gist of things.

Brave New World-- briliant stands against time.

Zazoo-- a childhood favourite of mine.

The Red Tree--- I RECOMMEND THIS TO EVERYONE. Its a picture book. Its art. but dont throw the idea of readinga picture book back out the door.

4unitfreak

HSC
The Red Tree--- I RECOMMEND THIS TO EVERYONE. Its a picture book. Its art. but dont throw the idea of readinga picture book back out the door.
That was so good! I love Shaun Tan's work. I remember reading The Lost Thing - I think that's my favourite. It's just so quirky and wonderful.

I've got a list of about 10 favourites, and The Catcher In The Rye is at the top, and it's not going to move. It's just the best book ever. But I'm reading 1984 by George Orwell at the moment and it's fantastic. I think it's edged its way into my list. :)

bawd

HSC
The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay. Kept me up a few nights reading. Also liked Animal Farm by Orwell.

Tanya08

HSC
Twilight....New Moon...Eclipse and (soon to be out) breaking Dawn ... it's a series... I'm pretty darn sure you've heard and read it already... if you haven't.... where have you been this year?? and it's going to be a movie to ... sure you all knew that too... like duh =) happy reading!

ballin

Banned
HSC
lol @ kids being inspired by books on the hsc reading list. i dont know if anyones heard of him but george rr martin is fantastic if youre into fantasy. also, anything by joseph conrad. and im reading ulysses right now, read it

summerlxve

HSC
N/A
Across the Nightingale Floor - Lian Hearn
The Blood of Strangers - Frank Huyler
To Kill A Mocking Bird - Harper Lee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)