What is your all time favourite book? (1 Viewer)

Ice Goddess

HSC
definity the lord of the rings by jrr tolkien or anythings else written by him!!!
I couldn't finish the first book!!!
LOTR is kinda boring, and slo, at least in the beginning...

Now, Jane Austen is different. U can read again and again and you never get bored. Pride an Prejudice, Emma and Persuasion were really interesting. The only classics which I love.

:rofl:

HSC
Its come down to two choices:

Either 'Molly's Circus that turned yellow' or 'The chronicles of talking wood-back'

Hard choice between those two, they both brought over many emotions.

Hornby

Banned
HSC
American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis
Catcher in the Rye - J.D Salinger
Silence of the Lambs - Thomas Harris

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Tomorrow Series, Tolkien's LOTR or Jeffrey Archer's 'Prisoner of Birth'.

M.T.T.

HSC
The whole of the Harry Potter series.

After reading the whole series over and over many times, i begin to realise why the HP books are so popular.

You didn't realise it the first time round?

Anyways, my all-time favourite book would have to be Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment. The ideas within the book are incredibly resonant within me, and the book is dense with many themes and concepts, making it a novel for the intellectuals, like me.

Books such as Crime and Punishment also need to be backed up with light reading, so as to not get bogged down in high-tier thinking. 'Harry Potter and the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' (book 8 in the series :)), I've found to be easygoing and immensely enjoyable. I recommend it to everyone.

skut8

Not 'Scoot', 'Skut'
HSC
Stephen King's Hearts in Atlantis. A severely underrated book imo
1984 is real close.

DaptoDapto2530

HSC
My favourite book would have to be
Nick Cave - And The Ass Saw The Angle

Also Harry Potter is AWESOME!

Peace

klaris

HSC
Like many posters on this thread, I am torn between which book (out of all the books I've read, which is quite a lot) is my favourite, the one that has the right elements, how likeable or arrogant the characters, how much they grow or re-discover themselves, how many little useless quirks are flitted throughout the book , what passages makes me sigh with admiration or amazement, what universal themes it possesses, and ultimately if the author has the courage to write down what everyone's is thinking but never daring to say. The book that the theme's that are explored are so foreboden, that it makes critics either cringe or rejoice.

It can't be defined by how many copies are sold or what it's rating is on the New York Times Bestseller lists, its yard stick is if, when the book's end is near, you are counting the pages, yearning for the end; or if you have a pang at closing the final chapter and it leaves you hungry for more because you've been thrown into a world your reluctant to leave.

That's my favourite book

autumn-bird

HSC
harry potter, definitely!! my favourite ones out of that series are probably the last one, fifth and third ones. gotta love harry! :D

the one other book on my bookshelf which i have read lots and lots of times is "nicola and the viscount" by meg cabot. hehe, so girly and all lovey-dovey like, but i like it! it's a good old-fashioned romance, set in olden times, kind of like jane austen books. haha

Last edited:

u-borat

Banned
HSC
umm

i don't see how gulliver's travel can be pidgeonholed as science-fiction.

swift certainly did not use that term to describe it.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
don't really have an all time fav atm.

lol but i can tell you i like these:

all the TinTin ones.
and The Rainbow Fish.
and Where's Wally... and I Spy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)