• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What is your motivation? (1 Viewer)

HSC
ahhh.. motivation.. think big.. not big big.. massive big.. like me :haha:
my motivation is to be the guy with the maybach and the bugatti in his driveway.. and has a rolex for every day of the week :p
chances are it'll prolly never happen.. but hey.. at least its working

ps. those thing among other wants and needs :rofl:

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
dun have motivation. that's why i am screwed. and yes that's why i need a motivation

jessdoit

HSC
Typically I have no motivation lol. It used to be more like yeah I'm satisfied if I even pass.

But now with Year 12 coming up it's not really motivation man. It's determination. It's self-belief which I sort of lack but let's ignore that.
"I'm going to get the UAI I want because I want to do law. I'm going to shove it in my mum's face and everyone else in the damn family."
I've also made deals with some of my gfs about us getting 90% for our assessments and stuff man otherwise we have to suffer some consequence... But yeah don't tell me the whole shoving it in my family's face is mean because to me it's justified and very very satisfying. My mother said to me that I wouldn't even make it into the first year of uni and I'd like to ignore the possibility that she's trying to get on my nerves and make this as some kindof incentive for me to work but I was just so shocked at her lack of faith in me that I just walked away and now I'm just going to prove how wrong she is because I'm not going to waste a year of my life at uni doing Commerce. That's just bull.

Anyway yes... I guess that's my motivation?

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
My motivation at the moment is really just to be the best at my school, which you might think is a bit pretentious until you consider the fact that my school is absolutely shit and doesn't show up on the rankings in the newspaper ...motivation also comes from everyone saying oh you're so smart, you're going to get dux of the school (except i'm really not that smart).

Well anyway, next year might be completely different, since i might be going to a selective school :). In that case i guess alot of pressure will be taken off (as i'll most likely drop down to average or lower) but i will still gain alot of motivation from working in such an academically enriched environment.

lulabelle

HSC
I don't really have a long term motivation, I'm just motivated to try and finish everything during the week so I can go out in the weekend

shepwarp

HSC
Mark576 said:
My motivation at the moment is really just to be the best at my school, which you might think is a bit pretentious until you consider the fact that my school is absolutely shit and doesn't show up on the rankings in the newspaper ...motivation also comes from everyone saying oh you're so smart, you're going to get dux of the school (except i'm really not that smart).

Well anyway, next year might be completely different, since i might be going to a selective school :). In that case i guess alot of pressure will be taken off (as i'll most likely drop down to average or lower) but i will still gain alot of motivation from working in such an academically enriched environment.
You gain a lot from working in an environment where people are better than you... that's what I have found in academics and music... my school is pretty competitive in everything... so there are usually ppl battling it out for academics honours... as well as music honours... but I'm not the best at anything... but by workign around people who are better than me I get pushed along to doing better and better so I achieve good results for myself :)

zizou10-5

HSC
i don't have motivation, i think school 90 percent is a waste of time, every student is a school of fish n praxctically harddrrives fed information to put in atest den eventually getting a job not questioning the society they r contributing towards and making. jessdoit ur mum prob is doing that on puropse n when u shoveit in her face she'll be happy. My parents really want me ot get good marks, if they see me get bad, they're very sad almost to the point of crying, and sometimes stop working. I just try to do it for dem. Hopefully i get a good UAI, den i can dow ateva i want

shepwarp

HSC
And then the subsequent walking around feeling like a zombie for most of the day...

*emi*

HSC
my motivation is showing people how smart i really am hahaha
its the classic wanting to shove it back in their faces for the people who didnt believe you could get it
a friend said to me "aim for what you can get not what you need"
so thats another motivation - achieving your fullest potential
one year of no life now, then the rest of my life (hopefully) happy =D

... 2 more weeks guys...

kimberlin

HSC
i guess my motivation is knowing that we only have one chance . i dont want to have any regrets with stuffing up and thinking maybe if i spent one extra second studying, i could have got a better hsc mark . ALSO , my childhood dream of becoming an optometrist even though the uai is like a gazillion . =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)