What Kind of marks are you guys receiving from the MedEntry practice papers? (1 Viewer)

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys. This thread is mainly for those doing the MedEntry prep course. I was just wondering what kind of marks/percentiles are you receiving? And also whether you are going over the time limit with the practice exams, because i know that one of the mainy reasons why the percentiles fluctuate is because people give themselves more than the allocated time limit to finish the exams, and therefore effect the percentiles.

These are my mark ranges for the practice papers.

Section 1 21-25/44 (really shit)

Section 2 22-24/36

Section 3 20-24/30

I don't even want to mention the percentiles cause they are so shit.

So how'd you guys go?

Oh and also, MedEntry says not to be "disheartened because the percentiles are not improving" and that you are probably improving without knowing it, or some bull crap, (this is all on the practice paper explanation). So my question is, how do you know you're improving? Is it shown in the exam marks rising or something like that, or because you feel you are improving?

Last edited:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Shrikar said:
Hey guys. This thread is mainly for those doing the MedEntry prep course. I was just wondering what kind of marks/percentiles are you receiving? And also whether you are going over the time limit with the practice exams, because i know that one of the mainy reasons why the percentiles fluctuate is because people give themselves more than the allocated time limit to finish the exams, and therefore effect the percentiles.

These are my mark ranges for the practice papers.

Section 1 21-25/44 (really shit)

Section 2 22-24/36

Section 3 20-24/30

I don't even want to mention the percentiles cause they are so shit.

So how'd you guys go?

Oh and also, MedEntry says not to be "disheartened because the percentiles are not improving" and that you are probably improving without knowing it, or some bull crap, (this is all on the practice paper explanation). So my question is, how do you know you're improving? Is it shown in the exam marks rising or something like that, or because you feel you are improving?
I've only done the first two sections of the first practice paper but this is what I've gotten so far:

Section I: 27/44

Section II: 26/36

Not too good at all. :(

I'll be trying section 3 later but I'm afraid of the crappy percentile I'll get.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
~shinigami~ said:
I've only done the first two sections of the first practice paper but this is what I've gotten so far:

Section I: 27/44

Section II: 26/36

Not too good at all. :(

I'll be trying section 3 later but I'm afraid of the crappy percentile I'll get.
Whoa, you are doing a hell of alot better than me.
DId you ever go over time?

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
I pretty much finished all the sections within the time limit (which was kinda surprising...)

But, i'll refrain from posting my crappy marks/percentiles... you'll see what i mean.

eg. section 2: test 1 = 63rd percentile
test 2 = 52nd percentile

i'm actually going pretty ok-ish for the other sections... but apparently i am not too empathetic.... not too empathetic at all....

and the funny thing is that i always finish section 2 heaps early.....

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Shrikar said:
Whoa, you are doing a hell of alot better than me.
DId you ever go over time?
Actually, I went undertime. For Section I, I did it in 52mins and Section II, I did it in 30mins. I was in a rush because I had to go somewhere.

And it's not heaps better at all, we're pretty much on the same level.

ssejamafone said:
I pretty much finished all the sections within the time limit (which was kinda surprising...)

But, i'll refrain from posting my crappy marks/percentiles... you'll see what i mean.

test 2 = 52nd percentile

i'm actually going pretty ok-ish for the other sections... but apparently i am not too empathetic.... not too empathetic at all....

Section II is Bullcrap sometimes. Remember the question about the lady meeting a man in the supermarket and she helped him by acting as if they were together? The answer was he was charming or something, I was like "wtf?! That guy wasn't charming at all."

Last edited:

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
~shinigami~ said:
Section II is Bullcrap sometimes. Remember the question about the lady meeting a man in the supermarket and she helped him by acting as if they were together? The answer was he was charming or something, I was like "wtf?! That guy wasn't charming at all."
yeah, he was SO getting revenge!!!

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
~shinigami~ said:
Actually, I went undertime. For Section I, I did it in 52mins and Section II, I did it in 30mins. I was in a rush because I had to go somewhere.

And it's not heaps better at all, we're pretty much on the same level.

Hahahaha, i remember that. It was so bullshit.

ssejamafone said:

test 2 = 52nd percentile

Those percentiles are way better than mine. How on earth did you manage to get them, and stay under the time limit.

Last edited by a moderator:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
ssejamafone said:
yeah, he was SO getting revenge!!!
Shrikar said:
Hahahaha, i remember that. It was so bullshit.
Yeah, I even put vengeful. lol, I should have guessed that nobody is vengeful in section II. =p

On another note, I just tried section three and boy was that a disaster.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Shrikar said:
Those percentiles are way better than mine. How on earth did you manage to get them, and stay under the time limit.
luck. :D lol

Shrikar said:
On another note, I just tried section three and boy was that a disaster.
i know the feeling... sometimes you come up with your own perfectly good/rational answers, but nooooooo, of course it's not the correct answer....

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
I just did Section II of the second practice paper. I got a better mark 30/36 but the same percentile. Looks like people are pretty good at Section II.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
~shinigami~ said:
I just did Section II of the second practice paper. I got a better mark 30/36 but the same percentile. Looks like people are pretty good at Section II.
Oh, definately 1 or 2 more marks and your percentile would have been much higher. What percentile was it anyway?

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
im definiately improving..ive done 3 papers so far..

-section 1 before i had 26/44 but ive improved to 31/44 (65 percentile)

-section 2 i had 21/36 before and now im on 26/36 (31 percentile)which is still shit -_- i lack empathy dammit..i even took long to try get as much right as possible..but i still suck

-section 3 is my best section, i moved from 21/30 to 27/30 (90 percentile)

Last edited:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
drynxz said:
-section 3 is my best section, i moved from 21/30 to 27/30 (90 percentile)
Wow, good job man! I would be so happy with that kinda mark.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
haha thx i was happy wif that..for some reason part 3 of paper 3 was quite easy -_- when i look back on the other 2 papers ive done its harder for some reason o_O...

79 percentile in section 2 ...god thats crazy >< i went overtime by 50 minutes and still managed a 31 percentile *AARGHh*

Last edited:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
~shinigami~ said:
79 percentile. :(
Holy shit, thats so good.

drynxz said:
haha thx i was happy wif that..for some reason part 3 of paper 3 was quite easy -_- when i look back on the other 2 papers ive done its harder for some reason o_O...

79 percentile in section 2 ...god thats crazy >< i went overtime by 50 minutes and still managed a 31 percentile *AARGHh*
You went 50 minutes over time? Holy moley.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloudsurfer

HSC
Mine are all over the place!

In terms of percentiles i have gotten between:
In section 1 - 57 and 88
Section 2 52 and 99
Section 3 37 and 90

I just hope on UMAT day i get 99s and not 37s!

Im really counting on getting a good umat score because I know my UAI wont be that great...

Last edited:

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
bah just did section 2 of paper 3...i got 21/36 dammit and thats the bottom 20 percentile ><

how do people do well in section 2???

do you just place yourself in the author's position, because thats what i do and i end up getting messed up between the two similar answers

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
drynxz said:
bah just did section 2 of paper 3...i got 21/36 dammit and thats the bottom 20 percentile ><

how do people do well in section 2???

do you just place yourself in the author's position, because thats what i do and i end up getting messed up between the two similar answers
I did that one, and i got 25/36 but i only got a 24 percentile. WTF?

Punksta07

HSC
Hey guys, im an ex victim of the UMAT tests (meaning i've been through this a year ago) and i was browsing to see how this years HSC students are fairing when i came across this forum...well my first advice for everyone who are stuggling at the MEdentry prep exams are not to worry...you see thier tests are overly prepared and hard...Dont get me wrong, UMAT is hard in itself but last year when I utilised one of their practise exams...i merely scored a percentile of 32:mad1: ..though i kept my usual studying routine at line and in due time a score of 96 was acheived by me at the actual UMAT..Well...i wouldnt realise a pattern even if it hit me in the face but i think thier tests..are a bit crazy...so the point of my advice is....score a pass and your goals are a few milestones away...

God speed...i need freinds at UNSW Med course...fast...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)