... what kind of music do you listen to while studying? (1 Viewer)

kyoto

then you would probably like jrock.

it is covers most rock genres...

but most of good bands are old and broken up.

and tmost singers and bands of visual kei can be mistaken for goths but are not...

try Dir En Grey - Ain't afraid to die
or Dir En Grey - Yokan?

or even any of X-Japan Ballads Collection.

KEkekekKEKEKE

you may like maybe not.

KEkEkEkeKkeke~

kyoto

Visual Kei is about presentation and performance of music as much as the music itself...

Some is mellow some is hard but most bands do a mix of all rock genres...

no pop here.

kEkekEKkeE~

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by mercurydrinker
They lip-sync indeed they do, I'm not sure about their actual concerts, but I'm absolutely postive about the special presentations and award shows in their home countries. aforementioned examples, and alot of other that I don't even know their names...

Oh and for your information Victoria Adams, a spice girl, was caught lip-syncing in a REAL concert.
Oh btw, my name is not spice girl because I support them, it's for another (non-music) reason.

Yes I agree, the most recent award show had relatively crap singers that sync...there was a sammi-imitator girl who sorta slipped a bit on the sync, but no one noticed...and there was another girl who danced and 'sang' but when she talked afterwards she puffed like hell, and i thot...wtf!

But the good singers don't need to lip-sync...u can tell because they sound funny, they pause (accidentally or let the audience sing), and their voice goes a bit funni at other times.

I'm still a newb at music...

spce girl

Oh btw, my name is spice girl because I think I have every oil, spice and condiment that you can think of. It's another part of my creativity. It's also my therapy.

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by spce girl
Oh btw, my name is spice girl because I think I have every oil, spice and condiment that you can think of. It's another part of my creativity. It's also my therapy.
I must admit, that's sad. It's also a corny unoriginal imitation. I hope your readers aren't as stupid as you are...

HSC
Originally posted by spice girl

Oh btw, my name is not spice girl because I support them, it's for another (non-music) reason.

Yes I agree, the most recent award show had relatively crap singers that sync...there was a sammi-imitator girl who sorta slipped a bit on the sync, but no one noticed...and there was another girl who danced and 'sang' but when she talked afterwards she puffed like hell, and i thot...wtf!

But the good singers don't need to lip-sync...u can tell because they sound funny, they pause (accidentally or let the audience sing), and their voice goes a bit funni at other times.

I'm still a newb at music...
ah.. sorry :)
it was a fair assumption, wasn't it?
fair but incorrect...:rolleyes:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
music =
hard drum+bass for maths and general logic related things
other things:
radiohead, art of fighting, st germain, buddhist chant type stuff, sitar music, radio (jjj) if there's anything good on, the herbalizer, and any other trip-hop/chillout i can get my hands on.

hey spice girl, were you talking about cecilia by any chance?
i've seen how they dub her stuff so much and it rather irks me

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by Hedera Colchica
hey spice girl, were you talking about cecilia by any chance?
i've seen how they dub her stuff so much and it rather irks me
really? i dun know bout cecilia...i watched the singing in the ms hk awards...it was one of those...i'm not sure bout names...i'm a newb...i learn from my mom, who can actualli read the newspapers...

spice girl

magic mirror
One general rule: don't listen to anything in subjects you're not good at...for me it's a distraction, esp english...

hmm.. u know that music therapy thingo actually works... well, at least, i listened to this specially designed "study music" and year 9 was the year i did best in... like.. apparently it sets ur brain to certain frequencies or something

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by Hedera Colchica
hmm.. u know that music therapy thingo actually works... well, at least, i listened to this specially designed "study music" and year 9 was the year i did best in... like.. apparently it sets ur brain to certain frequencies or something
:cool: i din know that. i doubt it works for everybody tho...it maybe just be one of those psychological tricks...u know you're listening to study music...so you study!

o one more recommendation: don't listen to lyrics when you're trying to read from textbooks...it jsut doesn't work

SkAnDi

HSC
Absolutely :)

I put on some of that like italian or spanish chill music (cafe del mar anyone?) and since it's in a totally different language.

I don't get the urge to sing along with it!

kyoto

*I* sing along to j-rock

althought the lyrics i do not know or understand :p

EKkeKEkEkKEkekE~~

SkAnDi

HSC
Yes, but do you sing along to dir en gray?

That is truly some sad music right there. :p

kyoto

Of course.

I think i know all words to aint afraid to die now.

:D

KEkekekkEkekkekEE~

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i sing along to everything!
the language doesnt matter....jap, chinese, french, spanish everything...

also i tend to sing along to things that actually dont have words. It really is a quite annoying habit

Confuzzled?!

HSC
Originally posted by eviltama
i sing along to everything!
the language doesnt matter....jap, chinese, french, spanish everything...

also i tend to sing along to things that actually dont have words. It really is a quite annoying habit

LOL.
Just make it up as you go along! LMAO!
I do that with Jap songs..lol.
oh..except when they have phrases in english:D

Hi Nu Gundam

黄金聖闘士ハイニ ー
HSC
japanese phrases and stuff get easy enough to pick up...after you've exposed yourself to it everyday for 2 years! lol.

then again, this is coming from the guy who can't watch japanese movies and shows raw without japanese subtitles to help him pick out familiar phrases, and have kanji and katakana help him reaffirm the phrases' meanings...

Confuzzled?!

HSC
Originally posted by Hi Nu Gundam
japanese phrases and stuff get easy enough to pick up...after you've exposed yourself to it everyday for 2 years! lol.

then again, this is coming from the guy who can't watch japanese movies and shows raw without japanese subtitles to help him pick out familiar phrases, and have kanji and katakana help him reaffirm the phrases' meanings...
ahhh..huh?

all i can say in jap is
'sa i go no, ki su wa ta ba...go no flava gah na shida, nika ku te sei su a ki o ko ri....a ta sha ma..' something or rather... that 'first love' song by Utadi Hikaru or something along those lines. lol.
i want to learn jap! .....yet parents own a jap teppan-yaki restau. lol...

i want to learn jap!!! i used to be able to say "where's the bus?
Doku e...soemthing! i think...hehehehe :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)